147 members have voted

1. 1. vote now

• I do believe!
    • I want to believe.
    • I will never believe.
    • atari landfill?
    • It's possible

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

The only missplaced atari inventory story i remember that was proved true concerned the Atari 1064 (a PBI mem upgrade for the 600xl), before the inventory was discovered, Atari 1064's (in the states at least) were uncommon, if not rare

Aparently some auditor doing an inventory check on some former Atari warehouses, found an entire warehouse packed full of 1064's still boxed and on pallets ready for shipping

I wonder whatever happened to them

To borrow a phrase used elsewhere in the web:

"Screenshot or it didn't happen"

But really how would we ever really know? Anytime someone produces a news article it's dismissed as fabricated so unless we were able to secure a permit to dig and rent all the needed equipment to do so (provided a strip mall or housing plan is not currently on the spot) we will never actually know and really it would probably cost thousands to accomplish this and to what end? to find a bunch of rotting crushed games and equipment that would be as worthless as the countless E.T. carts already gathering dust on bargain store shelves?

This is turning into a version of Oak Island ( http://www.activemind.com/Mysterious/Topics/OakIsland/ ) for the Atari crowd.

post #30 on this thread

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...66637&st=25

To borrow a phrase used elsewhere in the web:

"Screenshot or it didn't happen"

post #30 on this thread

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...66637&st=25

Sorry that was a failed attempt at a joke on my part :D

And despite the other wording of my post i do believe it happened i was just pointing out that some folks will continue to not believe it happened until they have the grimy dirt encrusted carts in their hands.

i was just pointing out that some folks will continue to not believe it happened until they have the grimy dirt encrusted carts in their hands.

You give people to much credit.

I'm 100% sure that there are some people that even if you took them to the landfill and dug it up in front of them would claim it's not "the atari landfull", but a new landfill a bunch fo fanatics created themselves for the purpose of digging up to try and prove the non existant myth. :|

did you miss the part about being crushed possibly? and when you look at the picture of the pit it's pretty big. and all of the people that tried it and hated it had to have taken it out of the box, right? so how big would it be with just the carts, huh? and if they produced 5 million and close to that many came back, wouldn't the game be a lot rarer? so then there had to be less than 5 mil. buried there.

How many is it then? This is why I was asking you for specifics.

hmm... I'd guess about 3,427,789 3/4 cartridges are buried there, is that specific enough?

Edited by 27ace27

• 9 months later...

this was asked a few years ago.

I believe in it, Isay lets get Adam and Jamie from mythbusters out there and blow the location up

if there are ET carts and raiders carts there they would be flying high when the place is blown to bits.

if not at least we will geta good explosion out of it.