IGNORED

Ever play a game just to hear the music?

Emehr

Last night, in an attempt to thin out my collection, I was going through my games and playing the ones I'm thinking about getting rid of (just to make sure I want to get rid of 'em). I plugged in Gauntlet II for the NES and went at it. Wow, this game is closer to the arcade than Tengen's Gauntlet but the lack of in-game music makes it quite boring. So I plugged in Tengen Gauntlet and played a few levels just to listen to the fantastic music. While playing, I also realized that this game is the superior one of the NES Gauntlets with it's faster-paced gameplay. So, yeah, Gauntlet II now resides in my "for sale" pile.

Anyone else plug a game in just for some aural pleasure?

I've sometimes switched on Thrust+, Toyshop Trouble, or Stella's Stocking to listen to the music, though usually when I find myself wanting the music from TT or Stay Frosty (my favorite of the SS tunes) I simply turn 90 degrees to my ancient Yamaha and play it. Can't do the tap-dancing part of Toyshop Trouble, though.

Sometimes I'll play along with Stella's Stocking. Can't play along with Toyshop Trouble, though--the "G" is way too far out of tune.

No, but I have loaded up many a C64 game just to watch the group's intro. Most of the time the intro was better then the game anyways. :cool:

Tobad you Atari guys didn't have much of that. :P

What, games that sucked but had good music? Stand tall, C64 partisans!

Anyway, thinking some more, I'll add Star Fire, O'Reilly's Mine, Ballblazer (can't believe I forgot that one), and Halo.