IGNORED

Turbografx-16 HSC Round 1 *Blazing Lasers*

Atari5200

If we start accusing each other of cheating these friendly little HSC's here on AA will become real ugly quite rapidly.

I'm not utilizing the original hardware on this game either since I do not own the actual card. Granted that is a much higher score then those currently posted but that might just mean that the player is exceptionally good at it. I'm not very familiar with this game. Is 12 million an unheard of score for Blazing Lasers?

Is 12 million an unheard of score for Blazing Lasers?

I actually forget but from the looks of that screenshot, I think that's the final final boss (the "lady") area.

So if you can get to that last stage to the last boss without ending your game, then I think you're pretty much up there.

Edited by NE146

yep, you get 10 mil for killing the boss making my high score 13,180,450

Now, for those running actual hardware, unless you have the camera waiting to snap the score, you aren't going to get it, hence my lack of screen shot, once the ending plays and the credits scroll it goes back to the main screen, and also, I guess if you start a new game, you are 100% invincible, so you can't even die and get to the score screen.

It certainly doesn't look like he was playing it on original hardware.

Psstt: That's not a requirment. :P

Yes, I am fully aware of that.

I guess it's time to get another game going(unless updating old scores is not permitted). I can never get past Area 9.

Edited by Ace_1

It certainly doesn't look like he was playing it on original hardware.

Psstt: That's not a requirment. :P

Yes, I am fully aware of that.

I guess it's time to get another game going(unless updating old scores is not permitted). I can never get past Area 9.

you can submit as many scores as you want until the competition is over, of course I will only count your highest.

yep, you get 10 mil for killing the boss making my high score 13,180,450

Now, for those running actual hardware, unless you have the camera waiting to snap the score, you aren't going to get it, hence my lack of screen shot, once the ending plays and the credits scroll it goes back to the main screen, and also, I guess if you start a new game, you are 100% invincible, so you can't even die and get to the score screen.

I dunno if this happens on the TG. "The End" screen on Gunhed just continues to loop until I did the soft reset

on the contoller. The Hi score was saved but, the SC score was reset to 0. Unlike when you die and don't continue

you get both scores displayed.

post-10466-1220479589_thumb.jpgpost-10466-1219299720_thumb.jpg

Edited by bust3dstr8

• 2 weeks later...

No one has mentioned this but... on the boss of the first level, the one that is like a big airplane in three sections. Did you know that if you just dodge everything and don't shoot it or destroy any of the three sections, after a while, they will fly away off the screen and give you a bonus of 10 extra ships and 20 bombs?

Check out the end of this youtube video.

Won't help on score, but for those of you who are having trouble getting past the third round or getting farther into the game, a few extra ships and bombs can't hurt.

Also, those powerups that change number, stop and go "clank" when you shoot them? You can also just let them float past you to the bottom of the screen and they will change to the flashing orb that floats back up the screen and gives you the immediate ship continue after dying. You don't have to keep shooting them to get them to do that, in other words.

Edited by Eltigro

Are you allowed to suggest a game for the next week? If so, it's R-Type for me(expect me to request A LOT of shooters, some of which are Japanese exclusives).

I've got the TG R-Type so I'll play. If I have the time. That game mainly just kicks my ass though. Are there any restrictions? Do we have to use the regular controller? I have the TurboStick joystick I can use and get better scores...

• 2 weeks later...

Yo count me in, I own the original Hu-Card on an Orig. TG-16, I'm totally down for this.

I get pretty cracked out crazy with this classic, I play it a few times a week, last time I made a real effort to beat it was back in April (I did go the whole summer without playing it tho or anyother game for that matter, lol) I just recently got back into my games so....

I'll give it my best shot, there's prolly some really good competition on here, I look forward to it ;)

peace :cool: