IGNORED

Swordquest Airworld Screenshots Posted

Flexured

Frankly Flexured, I've had enough of your posturing and talk, and I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that. We have offered to dump the cart for you several times, even proposing that we drive all the way to Houston at our expense and time to do so. However, you obviously don't want that, and all you offered in return was that you would bring the cart with you the next time you drive to Austin.

I'm quite confident there is nothing more than a common Atari cart with a poorly made proto label. You've probably never intended to sell it, since you would obviously be found out by doing so. I can only imagine that you love the attention. Go find some other hobby to screw around with.

..Al

Yeah Flex, just leave. You've done nothing but exploit the hobby all the honest people here enjoy. You obviously care nothing about collecting, only about making some quick cash, and to that I say you'd have a better chance playing the lottery, you couldn't get away with your stupid crap here.

You've taken something as simple as 20 year old games and have attempted to make a mockery of them and the people that collect them. You instead made a mockery of yourself and proved that your nothing but cheap con artist that needs to go back under the rock you crawled out from.

Until you post some kind of evidence of you even owning such a cart, be it a real Airworld or not, and you stop avoiding the important questions, you are nothing but a cheap fraud. Now go away. I try to get along with everyone here, and consider everyone a friend, but you are certainly one we could all do without. Game over, you lose.

Frankly Flexured, I've had enough of your posturing and talk, and I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that. We have offered to dump the cart for you several times, even proposing that we drive all the way to Houston at our expense and time to do so. However, you obviously don't want that, and all you offered in return was that you would bring the cart with you the next time you drive to Austin.

I'm quite confident there is nothing more than a common Atari cart with a poorly made proto label. You've probably never intended to sell it, since you would obviously be found out by doing so. I can only imagine that you love the attention.  Go find some other hobby to screw around with.

..Al

On the Chicago Cubs forum I post on, they have a poster of the week award that they dish out. I nominate Albert for the first AA Poster of the week award.

Ok, I'm prepared to make about 2000 enemies here, but just hear me out.

While I agree that the evidence against Flexured is solid in terms of his "prototype" being bogus, and there is no doubt in my mind that this is NOT the real deal, I think you guys are going WAY overboard.

After re-reading this WHOLE mess, it does not seem that Flexured was initially trying to do anything but gather more info about the "proto" BEFORE he put it up for auction. The minute somebody suggested it was bogus, he pulled the auction and apologized, then requested more info and help to figure out just what he did indeed have.

Since then, he's kind of dug himself a hole, but I have not noticed him doing much in the way of name calling or flaming anyone here, despite the fact that he has recieved HEAPING MOUNDS of the same treatment himself.

People are accusing him of abusing the hobby for profit and all that, but HE IS NOT TRYING TO SELL IT, not from the moment he was told it was bogus. If the auction were still up and he said "you fools be damned, I'm selling this thing because IT IS the real deal," then I too would poo-poo him for such fraud. But he's not doing that. He's simply defending the fact that he has "something" he claims to be producing "screenshots" from. Which seems to be false from evidence presented here. A ROM dump is the ONLY way to tell for sure. Why he is reluctant to do this is a mystery to me, especially if he honestly does not know what he has (if anything).

I think the whole thing is a disaster from every side. If Flexured is trying to pull a fast one then shame on him. But shame on all of you out there who are attacking him like this. If he is pulling a fast one, he will be found out and dismissed. There is no need to go for the throat. Most of you are intelligent, thoughtful people and rarely do I see you resort to these tactics. There are MUCH better ways to expose him if he's a phony, name calling and the like are very unbecoming, and unnecessary.

Now, Flex, the onus is on YOU to produce SOMETHING. I hope for your sake you have something to produce, if not these people just may have you killed. The case against you is NOT good. I'd stay quiet until I'm ready to dump that ROM and the sooner the better.

You may proceed to hate me all you like.

Stan[/b]

I think the whole thing is a disaster from every side.  If Flexured is trying to pull a fast one then shame on him.  But shame on all of you out there who are attacking him like this.  If he is pulling a fast one, he will be found out and dismissed.  There is no need to go for the throat.  Most of you are intelligent, thoughtful people and rarely do I see you resort to these tactics.  There are MUCH better ways to expose him if he's a phony, name calling and the like are very unbecoming, and unnecessary.

I agree that the name calling is unnecessary, but as I've said before, if you're going to claim to have one of the holy grails of 2600 prototypes, you have to expect to take some flack when you jerk the community around as much as Flexured has. In general I do not believe people in this thread (myself included) have been unreasonable, as the technical and other evidence is too overwhelmingly against Flexured.

There is no protoype. There isn't even a hack of a game made to look like AirWorld. This is why Flexured isn't selling it. He has nothing to sell, he has nothing to show. If he was truly interested in demonstrating that he has *something* (other than lots of talk and mocked up screenshots), he could have responded in several ways to bolster confidence in his claims:

1) Open the cart and take some pictures of the board and EPROM.

2) Take some video of someone playing the game.

3) Allow someone to dump the binary (the best choice).

I'm not going to spend any more time discussing this until one of these three things happens. And really, given everything that's transpired, a good look at the cartridge and binary are really what's needed. It's not gonna' happen, we're just feeding the happy troll.

..Al

we're just feeding the happy troll.

Actually in all seriousness I totally agree. Don't you fools who are lamely trying to "insult" this guy know that the more you try and insult a troll the more they like it!

How do I know? Because I was a happy troller for years in the early net days. :ponder: 8) I mean come on, gathering all those delicious anonymous insults directed at some concocted B.S. you posted (strictly for reaction's sake) really makes for some good entertaining online reading for any bored troller. :P

The best way to give this guy what he WON'T LIKE is the old blowoff, which means basically, treat it like it's some thread from someone asking for the umpteenth time about the value of Combat carts and simply ignore it

The best way to give this guy what he WON'T LIKE is the old blowoff, which means basically, treat it like it's some thread from someone asking for the umpteenth time about the value of Combat carts and simply ignore it

Yes, well said. To that end, I'm going to finally lock this topic. We can start another one in two years when Flexured shows up with a hacked Earthworld that vaguely resembles the screenshots he mocked up this time around.

..Al