IGNORED

Whos getting Mercenaries 2.....I wanna play co-op.

I loved Mercenaries 1, even though it did get to a point where it got repetitive and annoying. But I still loved it to death.....I never even got more than 60-70% into the game.....I'll probably never get around to beating it.

I'm gonna get Mercs 2 tommorrow if anyone wants to play sometime.

I totally pre-ordered this one... I couldn't stand playing the original on the Xbox 360, since it crashed so much. I'm looking forward to it. It's one of the more entertaining sandbox games thanks to the level of interactivity and the ability to blow up everything in your path.

This game is hard as hell sometimes.

I watched a video review a while back on this game and they said you were virtually indestructable and basically could never die.......but I die all the fucking time. The "red zone" and health regeneration don't help when your ass is getting pummeled with tank shells and tons of enemy gunfire.

I'm currently stuck on the 'Defend the Church' mission for the P.L.A.V. That mission is hard. Too many tanks......too little defense. I got to within 30 seconds of beating it but got blown away as I tried to jack a tank. :x

Only been playing it a day. Looks nice, plays ok (driving sucks bigtime). So far, I'm finding it pretty darned hard to die. I just run right up to enemies and shoot them. Even being in a vehicular when it's blown up doesn't kill you. Maybe it gets harder, but it's a cake walk so far. I'm at the point where you are trying to rescue the oil exec in the armored truck. I even did it successfully, but ran into the piller in the center of the gate at the HQ location, and caused the truck to catch on fire & blow up, feet way from the delivery zone. S.O.B..

Its decent.

A few little complaints that don't ruin the game at all:

- I really do miss the Deck of 52. yes....there are HVTs and Standing Bounties.....but I miss the Deck of 52.

- Everytime you start up the game again.....Fiona starts telling you the same info on the cities that she did when you first started the game. "Chris....you are in Maracaibo....blah blah blah." Yes, I know bitch.....I been here over 50 times.

- Even though I don't mind it since there are more options, theres a ton of little menus you have to go through to set up different kinds of drops, airstrikes, etc. Takes a little longer than just a couple of button strikes and BAM!!!!

- Sometimes your allies get a little gung-ho and piss you off. The other day, I had a HVT subdued and ready for transport and one of my U.P. allies ran up and blasted away at him, killing him. There went half the bounty, dumbass.

- Everytime you start up the game again.....Fiona starts telling you the same info on the cities that she did when you first started the game. "Chris....you are in Maracaibo....blah blah blah." Yes, I know bitch.....I been here over 50 times.

Hahahaha, yeah.

- Even though I don't mind it since there are more options, theres a ton of little menus you have to go through to set up different kinds of drops, airstrikes, etc. Takes a little longer than just a couple of button strikes and BAM!!!!

But it's not that terribly complicated, especialy if you plan ahead. You're not supposed to be configuring your airstrike options when your actually standing there at the target getting shot at. :P

- Sometimes your allies get a little gung-ho and piss you off. The other day, I had a HVT subdued and ready for transport and one of my U.P. allies ran up and blasted away at him, killing him. There went half the bounty, dumbass.

I've not once bothered to try to capture & subdue any HVT, I just kill them all myself right off the bat. Screw the extra bounty, it's not like you can't find huge stockpiles of money all over the place to steal. :cool:

I finally beat that friggin' church mission for the P.L.A.V. That mission is flippin' insane and I hated it!!!! I swear I died like 10 different times. It wouldn't have been so bad if after you died, you spawned back at the church.....instead of WAAAYYYY back at the rebel base. :x

:x :x :x :x

My frustration's gone now.

:x :x :x :x :x

WTF.... I go to play today, expecting to continue where I left off yesterday (just finished capturing the 3rd outpost), where it autosaved and I manually saved as well. So, why the hell is it starting me at the end of the 2nd outpost mission having to capture the 3rd one again. :?: :x

Why does it give me a manual save option, but no option to LOAD. :?: :x

F--k! :x Damn bulls--t! :x

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :x :x :_( post-2829-1220890775.gifpost-2829-1220890780.gifpost-2829-1220890783.gifpost-2829-1220890786.gif

My fustration is NOT gone now. :P :sad:

I finally beat that friggin' church mission for the P.L.A.V. That mission is flippin' insane and I hated it!!!! I swear I died like 10 different times. It wouldn't have been so bad if after you died, you spawned back at the church.....instead of WAAAYYYY back at the rebel base. :x

This is where I'm at now.

Know what sucks, the AI.

There's a tank, in front of the chruch, all the rebels are yelling their greetings as I run by, standing right there, as I jack the tank. Then, as soon as I get in the f--ker, everyone starts shooting at me. It's "ME" you dumb f--ks, you just saw me steal this damned tank that I'm trying to use to protect your stupid asses, stop blowing it up.

It's just like if I'm in a VZ vehicular, and drive by any UP forces. They start shooting, I jump out, they yell some greetings along with "keep shooting the car". Didn't you morons just see me jump out of the damn thing, which left it driverless, heading towards a wall. Why the f--k you still shooting at it.

I mean, I can understand if I stole it somewhere else then drove up, but not when I do it front of everyone.

It's obvious how the AI works; A vehicular in zone where said vehicular is not supposed to be = target under all circumstances. Cheap bullshit logic.

Other gripes. My helicopter pilot is a moron. So there is a pallet of money by a wall. Clicked Y to steal it, throw a pick-up smoke grenade, 'copter comes. Ok, get this, because of the direction he flew in from, the winch cable ended up snagged on the otherside of the wall from there the money was. He was hovering over the money, I see the cable hanging down, at an angle, ending on the other side. He just hovers for a while, then flys off saying no resource to pick-up. ARGH!!! Just raise and relower the winch, dumb ass mother f--ker.

:x :_(

Other gripes. My helicopter pilot is a moron.

:x :_(

Well........you can't blame him......he IS Irish.

Hey, watch it!

My favorite "dumb character" moment? I called in some Jamaicans to take an outpost. The helicopter dropped them on TOP of the building, where they proceeded to march off the roof and to their deaths. "I was going to go to college!," one of the lemmings moaned as he fell to the ground. Yeah, you're a great loss to the academic community, mon.

Hee hee, thanks!

After I beat the game, it's become really fond of freezing up on me while I'm playing it. It just comes out of nowhere... I'll be playing for a while and suddenly, all the action just stops and I'm left with a still screen. I'm wondering if this is a common occurance or if my Xbox 360 is about to croak on me.

I got this!

Surprised to have barely played it and am still at 30% completion or so? I almost want to hold off until my buddy gets it and we can co-op... though I have to reup my Gold membership. (Or is anyone here looking to play still??)

Don't quite get how to get new costumes, I got through all 3 levels of jet pilot's laser guided challenge...

Dumbest moment was failing to highjack that one armored car and getting thrown off into the insides of a building... could run around and see the outside world but couldn't shoot my way out.

After I beat the game, it's become really fond of freezing up on me while I'm playing it. It just comes out of nowhere... I'll be playing for a while and suddenly, all the action just stops and I'm left with a still screen. I'm wondering if this is a common occurance or if my Xbox 360 is about to croak on me.

I haven't beat the game yet, and have had it lock up twice. Once during play, once while loading.

I'll venture to guess it's, erm... "normal", for lack of a better word. :ponder:

• 3 months later...
WTF.... I go to play today, expecting to continue where I left off yesterday (just finished capturing the 3rd outpost), where it autosaved and I manually saved as well. So, why the hell is it starting me at the end of the 2nd outpost mission having to capture the 3rd one again. :?: :x

Well, I figured this problem out.

Some games (Mercs 2, FarCry 2, others) are stupid when it comes to game saves, and goes strictly by time/date to determine the order of saves.

So, if you have it plugged into a power strip, and turn it off when your done playing, and don't set the time/date next time you turn it on, it loads the wrong save.

Don't know who to fault on this one. The game developers or Microsoft?

I'm tempted to say the game developers, because not all games are like this. Fallout 3 for example doesn't care if the date & time are right. It just numbers the saves in order and always loads the "last" save/checkpoint no matter what. No reason everyone can't do the same.

On the other hand, I'm also tempted to say Microsoft. Why the hell didn't they put a RTC in the thing. They didn't do it on the original Xbox either, which is odd since it was basicly just a PC as it was, and all PC's have RTC's. Even the GameCube has an RTC. So does the PS2.

The important thing is that you blamed someone, and both points are valid.

Now that the blame has been properly placed, You should probably waste some tax-payers money and try to sue both MS and the game manufacture for like 5 million dollars.

It's the American way.