IGNORED

ULTIMATE BRAIN GAMES PROTOTYPE FOUND!OMG!

BuddyBuddies

• 3 weeks later...
It's on JS2 in the VIP section. When I have money again I might subscribe. :D

It was released? I thought there were only screenshots out.

So let me get this straight they are releasing this ROM free of charge but you have to pay to download it?! WOW

I think I will grab it on Underground Gamer :)

Do you realize how much these prototypes are worth? They are basically one of a kind... So why would anyone act so surprised that they aren't given away for free in ROM form!? For $20 over there, you get all kinds of cool stuff that otherwise would be impossible to get. We should be thanking them! Not acting like they owe it to us for free.

Wow, that's cool seeing Brain Games and all, but when are we gonna see the game that will totally revive the Jaguar in this market of 360/PS3/Wii? The game I'm talking about is of course "Graham Gooch Cricket." :D (Apologies to any cricket fans out there.)

Edited by Gregory DG

Do you realize how much these prototypes are worth? They are basically one of a kind... So why would anyone act so surprised that they aren't given away for free in ROM form!?

Just a hunch, but probably because most prototype ROMs for every other Atari system eventually do get released for free. For some reason it's pretty much only the Jaguar community that likes to hang them over each other's heads.

Ya but c'mon, you know the Jaguar is a whole different ball game from any of the other Atari systems... And these aren't just some prototypes to existing/released games. That would be a different story.

Yes, I know this. The Jag community is more about milking each other for as much as possible for every last bit of code available for the system. Sorry, but I have a hard time comparing that favorably to the much more giving communities for the other systems.

Do you realize how much these prototypes are worth? They are basically one of a kind... So why would anyone act so surprised that they aren't given away for free in ROM form!? For $20 over there, you get all kinds of cool stuff that otherwise would be impossible to get. We should be thanking them! Not acting like they owe it to us for free.

I have to agree with the above statement.

Now as I understand there are two ways to get to the VIP downloads section.. either pay $20 a year or $50 for a lifetime membership, or just post 500 message (I'm up to like 380 now) and that is another way to get there.

The first method support the server costs, the second makes sure not just any spammer is going to see everything going on. Either way you've invested an interest.

-----------------------------------

Different ball game: I know there are a lot of people out there that give a lot more (seemingly) in the other Atari console communities. I can say to a much lesser degree I see some issues that arrise in the other communities, though granted, not blown to the scale the Jaguar community goes. My opinion... give it time.

I remember a time when putting rom images of 2600 games was really taboo, high pirate stuff, "Oh how dare you!!" Granted that was in days of BBS's, and like now, the only people that could even use those images were people with Eprom burners or some flash cart not readily available to all gamers. My dad make such a STATIC flash ram cart. Kinda cool. But back then it was hush hush!

The 2600 community has rom images posted HERE, and other places on the internet. Load up your Supercharger!! Get the images on your Cuttle Cart 1 & 2... no problem! People trade complete archieves of HUNDREDS of rom images. No one cares.

The Jaguar is still new enough that it is in the above stage. Rom images online receiving a "How dare them?!?!" response, only people with eprom burners and expensive flash carts can really benefit.

That will change. Time will pass, more homemade devices, like a Cuttle Cart, will be made for the Jaguar, and then we will really see the Jaguar scene take off. Think of how easy it is to load roms with the flash options of the 2600/7800/5200 and the things we can try? Soon people will make rom images like that on the fly for the Jaguar. More tinkering, more people being able to see that tinkering, more encouragement... more tinkering! :D

We'll get there.

Everyone quit your whinning. It really sucks to see that some think they are owed what others have.

JSII is trying to bolster its membership....aint nothing wrong with this and you get much more than one

game for the fee. For $50 you get a lifetime...Jay has to pay for his site just like Albert does.

Its bitchin and moaning like this that turns us off from sharing. We dont like to be made to feel like

we did something wrong when we did'nt. None of you have any idea what Jay had to put out to get these

exclusives.

I've not joined the VIP either as nothing in there is of interest enough to me to shell out $50.

Edited by Gorf

I created the levels simply to reward folks that support the forums. It's not about exclusion, it's about inclusion. I believe that folks that do support JSII should get something in return.... That's it, there's no secret society or whatever over there, that would just be silly. Hope everyone enjoys the screenshots...

Ah yes, the unjustified rabid attacks when all they needed to do is join. They want all the goods but they dont want

to have to participate? Get a job...really.

What's sadder;

1. still rampant Jaguar fanboyisms in the year 2008

2. the big watermarks on the pic of a tv screen images(j/k)

3. at one point, you had to register with a website to see such images

I'm popping some popcorn up to hear about the non-release of the source code of these games.

Somewhere out there, a man is blessing his dead uncle with a Jaguar console, thinking it will bring his relative back to life.

Someone's grapes are sour. :roll:

what's sadder;

making those "funny" lists of things that you find funny about a situation that is not funny.

... I wonder why others don't care to inform people over here of a new Jaguar discovery or "screenshots." As we can all see, the good news is always greeted with the utmost positiveness :roll:

This is what happens when you cast your pearls before swine.

For $50 you get a lifetime...Jay has to pay for his site just like Albert does.

I've not joined the VIP either as nothing in there is of interest enough to me to shell out $50.

Your right about that of course,they have to pay for the use of the server and they have also other payments to do.

Maybe a donations option would also be a good idea on the site, not just for JSII but also AA, every bit will help them of course.

As for the JSII VIP downloading option, I don't think there will be anything for me to, as I'm just an Jaguar gamer, and I don't have a fancy flash cart or skunkboard or alpine or whatever to get the roms on it to play, I don't even have a windows computer ;) and most tools are just for those computers.

And indeed, $50,- is a lot for most users, there is an $20,- VIP option for one year.

For $50 you get a lifetime...Jay has to pay for his site just like Albert does.

Your right about that of course,they have to pay for the use of the server and they have also other payments to do.

Maybe a donations option would also be a good idea on the site, not just for JSII but also AA, every bit will help them of course.

As for the JSII VIP downloading option, I don't think there will be anything for me to, as I'm just an Jaguar gamer, and I don't have a fancy flash cart or skunkboard or alpine or whatever to get the roms on it to play, I don't even have a windows computer ;) and most tools are just for those computers.

And indeed, $50,- is a lot for most users, there is an $20,- VIP option for one year.

There will be tools for Mac as well as PC once we are finished with them.

People need to learn how to be a little more appreciative and less willing

to be assholes to people who try to contribute. God forbid someone be

put through a little effort for something that took MUCH MORE EFFORT to

present to the community than was is being asked for in return.