IGNORED

New Box Templates For 2600 / Colecovision Carts!

CPUWIZ

Had a dye manufactured for a 100% copy of the original Atari boxes. What do you guys think? :cool:

Pretty cool, but sometimes I worry that technology like this may go into the wrong hands. One day I believe that the only way one will be able to tell the difference between an original and a fake is by a microscope or some kind of carbon dating.

Edited by homerwannabee

Had a dye manufactured for a 100% copy of the original Atari boxes. What do you guys think? :cool:

Pretty cool, but sometimes I worry that technology like this may go into the wrong hands. One day I believe that the only way one will be able to tell the difference between an original and a fake is by a microscope or some kind of carbon dating.

more like no way at all to tell aside from honesty.

No their are always tell tell signs. Remember that you would have to have the same production materials that they had back 30 years ago for one. Ink would be important. The way it is applied would be pretty hard to imitate. Under a microscope it would be easier to tell the difference. Think about it Shawn just for a second. Don't you think it would be easier to perfectly copy a baseball card over a video game box? A baseball card is small and flat. Yet PSA and Beckett are still able to tell the difference. Last time I checked there is still a market for baseball cards which have a higher reward incentive for scammers to invade the market. So I am pretty sure that Video Game boxes with manuals are on the safer side.

No their are always tell tell signs. Remember that you would have to have the same production materials that they had back 30 years ago for one. Ink would be important. The way it is applied would be pretty hard to imitate. Under a microscope it would be easier to tell the difference. Think about it Shawn just for a second. Don't you think it would be easier to perfectly copy a baseball card over a video game box? A baseball card is small and flat. Yet PSA and Beckett are still able to tell the difference. Last time I checked there is still a market for baseball cards which have a higher reward incentive for scammers to invade the market. So I am pretty sure that Video Game boxes with manuals are on the safer side.

Actually, that is BS, the guy who made these said he can make perfect copies of even the silver boxes. It just costs a f**king fortune. Four color printing hasn't changed in a long ass time.

There is no doubt that sooner or later that some one will try to pass a fake Quadrun or something more rare but for now I like the idea of getting boxes for some of these great after market games like Lady Bug, Mad Max, The Dukes of Hazzard, the A-Team and so forth.

:ponder: :cool: :cool:

I like the idea of getting boxes for some of these great after market games like Lady Bug, Mad Max, The Dukes of Hazzard, the A-Team and so forth.

:ponder: :cool: :cool:

Which is what these are for. :) And for people who want to make their own of course.

Loose carts are booty.

A baseball card is small and flat. Yet PSA and Beckett are still able to tell the difference. Last time I checked there is still a market for baseball cards which have a higher reward incentive for scammers to invade the market. So I am pretty sure that Video Game boxes with manuals are on the safer side.

bullshit, PSA and BGS both authenticate fakes as being real all the time.

Those look really good. I'd just use blank boxes to put my loose carts (some with manuals, some without) in, since most of the loose carts are the kind that have expensive to get boxes. Then I could get rid of a few more loose cart holders.

Where can one get blank boxes? I like to make my own covers for stuff, and having a few "personalized" boxes would be great to have.

Nathan

A baseball card is small and flat. Yet PSA and Beckett are still able to tell the difference. Last time I checked there is still a market for baseball cards which have a higher reward incentive for scammers to invade the market. So I am pretty sure that Video Game boxes with manuals are on the safer side.

Not too sure how accurate that statement is. If they are passing off muti-thousand dollar fakes how are they able to stay in business? Eventually that garbage catches up with you.

Edit: Please show a link that backs up your claim in any way. The only thing I know of that has been hurt is the PSA/DNA autograph authenticating service. A lot of fakes have been passed as real. But to my knowledge I have not heard of anything like this. Again why would there still be a market? Why would PSA and BGS still have business? It is obvious it is a tad bit harder to fake a Video Game with instructions and a box. Four color printing has not changed much but here is a news flash. It still has changed. And even that small amount of change has made it possible to detect the forgery from the authentic.

Edited by homerwannabee

Not too sure how accurate that statement is. If they are passing off muti-thousand dollar fakes how are they able to stay in business? Eventually that garbage catches up with you.

Edit: Please show a link that backs up your claim in any way. The only thing I know of that has been hurt is the PSA/DNA autograph authenticating service. A lot of fakes have been passed as real. But to my knowledge I have not heard of anything like this. Again why would there still be a market? Why would PSA and BGS still have business? It is obvious it is a tad bit harder to fake a Video Game with instructions and a box. Four color printing has not changed much but here is a news flash. It still has changed. And even that small amount of change has made it possible to detect the forgery from the authentic.

If you need me to show you that PSA and BGS are fuck ups you really don't know the card market that well. While PSA is pretty good and BGS is damn good, they both have\do grade fakes as legit on a fairly regular basis, look up PSA or BGS and MTG cards on google if you really think I'm a "lying" about this. Just cause you don't know somthing doesn't mean it isn't old hat to others. Real cool of ya to call me out though on something I have first hand experience with and you obviously don't :thumbsup: :roll:

So ya ,The only way to tell a fake card from a real card is with a diamond loupe which neither PSA or BGS use.

Very interesting! How difficult was it to get exact measurements? And out of curiosity, what box (or flat) was used to get the specs?

Do you plan on selling boxes?

A brand new Asteroids was used, the guy cloned it somehow, it is exact with the exception that we told him to not copy the half circle cutout on the back.

Do you mean selling the blanks?

Thanks. :)

RippedAsteroids.jpg

So how much would it cost to say...have a box printed for something like LAdy Bug?

Funny you mention that, my wife did a box for that a while back. Sadly the card stock is too thick to print on directly, at least with the tech available to me.

LadyBugBox.jpg

If you need me to show you that PSA and BGS are fuck ups you really don't know the card market that well. While PSA is pretty good and BGS is damn good, they both have\do grade fakes as legit on a fairly regular basis, look up PSA or BGS and MTG cards on google if you really think I'm a "lying" about this. Just cause you don't know somthing doesn't mean it isn't old hat to others. Real cool of ya to call me out though on something I have first hand experience with and you obviously don't :thumbsup: :roll:

So ya ,The only way to tell a fake card from a real card is with a diamond loupe which neither PSA or BGS use.

No I don't know the card market that well, so that's why I asked you to show me a link. I tried to google forgery with PSA or Beckett. I tried Counterfeit with PSA or Beckett and I found nothing. I really did try to find a site that actually backed up your allegations and I came up empty. So I decided since you made the allegation to provide some evidence that this was the case. All I am asking is for some kind of proof to what you are saying since I could not find anything remotely to what you are talking about. Now you go to your "Appeal to Authority Card." You know even if your an authority on this stuff it would be nice to see a link. Most likely you won't show me a link claiming something to the effect of I am either too lazy or incompetent and that if I can't find the information than I really don't have the time to show you. OK, whatever. The end result is that I will not have a link. If you are going to call out company or companies for having passed a counterfeit it would be nice to see a little evidence. So whatever go hate on me if you want too.

By the way I have no problems with you. Your a good person and just because I disagree with you on this one issue does not mean I am against you. Just remember that. :)