IGNORED

gaming related podcasts?

S1500

Does IGNs Retro City have archives? I d/l'ed ep #21 & didnt see anywhere I could get the rest.

& what's w/ their Top 10 classic games list I saw over there?

1. Pokemon Sapphire

2. Zelda: Ocarina of Time

3. Zelda: Twilight Princess

4. Pokemon Ruby.

5. Resident Evil 4

6. Fable

7. The Legend of Zelda: The Wi...

8. Fallout

9. Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel

10. Jet Set Radio Future

So Xbox & PS2 games are considered classic now? Hell, isnt Twilight Princess a Wii game? I hope to God they mean classic franchises.

Hey, PODCASTERS!

Life is not like The Simpsons. Does every episode have to be "A special episode dedicated to 3+ hour podcasts!"? No, seriously. What ever happened to a normal episode? Any shred of a 'dedication', or "tribute" or "nod" to, ends up having to be way longer than anyone cares to listen to.

S1500....Aint nothing wrong with us British btw, we just haven't cottoned onto the whole retrogaming/retroputing podcast game as much as you septic tanks (yanks) have

Perhaps the likes of the beeb (BBC) can do something like that on DAB (on on sky tv)

Retrogamer magazine comes straight from the UK, and I read every page of it. I could see James May doing some sort of tv special about classic 'putas(ZX, etc). Heck I'd watch that.

I've Seen retrogamer magazine, only when it was published by live publishing, that's where i heard about retro gaming radio, i got one of there podcasts on a dvd that came with one of the retrogamer magazines (along with a crippled amiga emu and some pc remakes of classic games)

On the podcast they were interviewing Bill Kunkel or Frank Laney Jr, I believe they mentioned a vcs adapter for the vic 20 or something like that, i found it rather interesting, shame that that company is no longer around

I have seen the new retrogamer magazine (as published by imagine publishing) but not bought one, but i do sometimes frequent their website on the odd occasion

Edited by carmel_andrews

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is mine and Dalum's podcast.......http://gameblips.mypodcast.com/2009/02/GameBlips_Episode_11_PSX_I_Love_You-181568.html

We cover a little bit of everything this one i posted here is focusing on the Playstation but we talk a little in our other shows about classic and not so classic stuff. :)

I felt the same way listening to it today! I always have a good laugh w/ it. Sadly I think it's not for everyone...S1500 can attest to that ;) They did a similar show on the Atari VCS awhile back but no one had much to say as they all grew up on Nintendo & RPGs it seems.

Retrogamingroundup needs to be heard in small doses. I skipped 20 min of the Spectrum Holobyte guy's interview. & some of the segments went on WAY too long. The segment where SoCal(?) Mike visited the flea mkt was...interesting. He was really robbing the vendors w/ his lowball haggling prices. & I think he was overexcited at his acquisitions & there was some damn electronic parrot or monkey or something squawking at one point....he prob. wasnt aware of it but it bugged the hell out of me. Is there any way to filter out bckgrd noise?

There was also one part where 3 guys were on (doing the Top 10 IIRC) & you could hear someone breathing while waiting his turn to talk. Uuggghhh. Sorry that stuff gets to me.

Edited by RJ

• 1 month later...
New episode of retrogaming roundup 3 is out. Only clocks in at a svelte 3:43. I'm right now in the preaching segment. :)

Well in that case they just lost (another) listener. I don't have the time to listen to podcasts of that length. It's too bad because I like their show but seriously guys anything over two hours is asking a lot of your audience already. Going twice that length or more is a guaraneteed way to lose them.

We are gonna start doing podcasts here at Below Zero Gaming.

They will be very short compared to all the other ones, but only straight up, Classic Gaming talk!.\

We have made a topic about questions that you want answered to the show. Check it out!!

In our first episode, we will discuss E.T. on the 2600.....We will regularly produce these podcasts weekly, and you will only be able to find them at: belowzerogaming.webs.com

Thank You!!

Ask Some Questions On The Other Thread!

Aaron,

BZG

We are gonna start doing podcasts here at Below Zero Gaming.

They will be very short compared to all the other ones, but only straight up, Classic Gaming talk!.\

We have made a topic about questions that you want answered to the show. Check it out!!

In our first episode, we will discuss E.T. on the 2600.....We will regularly produce these podcasts weekly, and you will only be able to find them at: belowzerogaming.webs.com

Thank You!!

Ask Some Questions On The Other Thread!

Aaron,

BZG

Okay, what I want you to do is read this entire thread. Take notes. Listen to my commandments of classic gaming podcasting. You know what? I'l just tell you: skip the ET on the 2600 discussion. It has been beaten to death by gaming websites. Try something fresh & original.

Anyways, back to retrogaming roundup: The 60-minute preachy monolauges simply DON'T WORK. It just doesn't. Never will. Let's hear roundtable discussion. Let's hear interaction. Having one guy ask a question and some other guy delivering a 20 minute answer on arcade cabinets, you are doing it wrong. That's just, well, rigged.

Okay, what I want you to do is read this entire thread. Take notes. Listen to my commandments of classic gaming podcasting. You know what? I'l just tell you: skip the ET on the 2600 discussion. It has been beaten to death by gaming websites. Try something fresh & original.

My arent we a Bossy Betty? (j/k ;)) You have good ideas about what makes a good podcast.

Clocking in at under 4 hrs helps but I comfortably skipped parts again. I FFWDed the entire Supremacy review; I'm not sure I'll be able to take much more of the Brit. At least he didnt do the Genesis/Mega Drive thing again- I didnt hear any, anyway. & didnt one of the other guys call it the Genesis? Hmmm...

I also skipped the whole MAME cabinet segment. Actually I cant pinpoint any favorite parts, I guess RRup is just a "filler" p/cast for me between eps. of RobotPanic & RetroForceGO! (which didnt record this week).

So in podcasting news.

1. Retronauts changed episode formats. Seems to be the same where they talk about an obscure Japanese RPG that only 8 people played, and Final Fantasy. Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy and um also, Final Fantasy. But they also talk about the gameboy.

2. Squadcast did a 8-bit computer retrospectactular, haven't listened to it yet

3. Gridcycle geekcast, new episode out

4. And the podcast we all love to hate "RETROCORE"(yee haw!) did an episode on Atari. Great, hey maybe they'll talk about the Jaguar huh? reading the description of the podcast they admit they didn't cover it much in the ep at all. I'm still tredging through the stammering and ADD to find anything remotely related to Atari content. I swear I listen to this podcast just to blast it. Then again this is the same show where the host can't remember what episode # he's recording.