IGNORED

Intellivision 2609A malfunctions!

ClassicGMR

I have recently gotten an Intellivision model 2609A from eBay. I actually wanted to bid on this auction specifically for the system changer it pictured but never mentioned(yep I got it) and the couple of games I didn't have. Overall I think I got a decent package deal. :)

The system has a couple of flaws that may actually be the same flaw. Maybe someone here can recognize it...

I cleaned it up and powered it on. The system turns on fine BUT the display "vibrates". Picture your cell phone on a counter set to vibrate and it goes off. This is what the picture does.

I can stop it by pulling out the RF cable and reseating it. The picture then is fine until I have to reset or turn off the system. Then it is back to square one. This is constant.

The other problem is that after playing it for 8-10 minutes I get a solid screen full of color. In this case I was playing Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack. When the system locked up I got a solid screen of the background cream/yellow color. This is also reproducible.

Edited by ClassicGMR