IGNORED

WTB Atari 2600 24 pin Cartridge Socket Assembly

evilgonzo

My sad story starts off at a local fleas market and coming across an Atari 2600 six switch with sticks and paddles and misc for $25.00. So I instantly picked it up. I did a quick eyeball over it and it seemed to be in great condition. After plugging it in my frustration started. System powered on fine but the picture was badly scrambled .. so I said "WTF". After closer inspection of the cartridge slot area I used a flashlight and looked into it. The pins that connect to the cartridge were bent and broken. Looks like someone stuck a small screwdriver or knife into it and twisted it around. But it was a good chance for me to take apart a 2600 and check out the insides. (always fun) ... Long story made short I'm hoping someone can sell me one of these for a cheap price or even "cough 'donate' cough" lol .. from a broken or non functioning 2600. Help me bring a Six Switcher back from the dead .. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

WHATS YOUR OFFER? CAN SHIP FROM THE BAY AREA.

My sad story starts off at a local fleas market and coming across an Atari 2600 six switch with sticks and paddles and misc for $25.00. So I instantly picked it up. I did a quick eyeball over it and it seemed to be in great condition. After plugging it in my frustration started. System powered on fine but the picture was badly scrambled .. so I said "WTF". After closer inspection of the cartridge slot area I used a flashlight and looked into it. The pins that connect to the cartridge were bent and broken. Looks like someone stuck a small screwdriver or knife into it and twisted it around. But it was a good chance for me to take apart a 2600 and check out the insides. (always fun) ... Long story made short I'm hoping someone can sell me one of these for a cheap price or even "cough 'donate' cough" lol .. from a broken or non functioning 2600. Help me bring a Six Switcher back from the dead .. Thanks