IGNORED

Porting the original classic Castlevania to the 2600

grafixbmp

I prefer the cart on the other left. The one that's not trying to look like it's officially licenced and manufactured by Atari Inc. Guess I'm the odd one out.

Grafixbmp, you are obviously putting a load of effort and meticulous attention into this project. It's going to amazing, whenever it's ready.

As it stands now, i'm only after the first level until i'm not the only one working on the project. The graphics engine is the first priority for me. But I have to think about the game engine itself as well so that the code for the graphics can hit all the things that the game engine needs.

As it stands now, i'm only after the first level until i'm not the only one working on the project. The graphics engine is the first priority for me. But I have to think about the game engine itself as well so that the code for the graphics can hit all the things that the game engine needs.

Are you hiring recruits so to speak? My knowledge in programming is at a novice level and only Batari basic, but I've done beta testing/feedback before for other people who create games. :)

Very nice work! I can't wait and hope to see this development see the light of day. I can't offer much in the programming department as I'm learning the 2600 myself, but I would gladly help make up the instruction manual for the game. That is part of my college studies and might as well make it useful. Put me down for a copy...I'd gladly spend $40 for a single copy...but I would want two copies :D

I made you some artwork. I tried to capture the intense gameplay as well as the horror into this image as a painstakingly colored it pixel by pixel using one of the most advanced free with every comp editing programs I've ever used.

castlevanialogo.jpg

NICE!!!! Though, we should be patient and wait for any real updates.. that picture is pretty funny though. :lol:

I hope that if the game ever gets finished and put on a cartridge, the label isn't just ripped directly from another version and put on an Atari Cartridge. Even through the label maker. This will deserve it's own art, or modified version of existing art.

If anyone has any drawing ability, it would be absolutely OUTSTANDING if someone could redraw the Castlevania logo using pastels and make it look more like Atari cartridge art.

Half those links didn't work.

Anyway, all them have the same general art, but some are lighter/darker, mirrored, etc. I think if someone went over the image with pastels and made it look like a genuine Atari cart art it'd be excellent.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...