IGNORED

Just when I thought I've seen it all!

ATARIPITBULL

Most people here are just into collecting Atari 2600 games, well I also like to collect memorabilia and just when I thought i'm getting close to finding all that was made, something like this comes along. 1981 Atari "Battlezone" custome model van from MPC, has anyone else seen this before and if so are there any others like this?

:D :ponder: :?

post-88-1224175278_thumb.jpg

That is awesome... great find! I was big into models back then, and I don't recall ever seeing anything like this. I'm sure if I had seen it back then, I would have taken notice. I'll bet it's quite rare. It's nice that it appears to be sealed, but it would be nice to see the contents too. I hope an opened one turns up sometime.

Most people here are just into collecting Atari 2600 games, well I also like to collect memorabilia and just when I thought i'm getting close to finding all that was made, something like this comes along. 1981 Atari "Battlezone" custome model van from MPC, has anyone else seen this before and if so are there any others like this?

:D :ponder: :?

A quick google search led me to this info:

MPC's 1983 catalog lists the following Atari Video Game vehicle kits:

Missile Command Van (Dodge Street Van), 1-2205

Asteroids Pickup (Chevy Pickup), 1-2206

Centipede Panel (Old Ford? Panel Truck), 1-2207

Battlezone Van (Futuristic Van), 1-2208

That's awesome. I'd love to see a 'pimp my ride' style thing, where they decided to do one of those for real to the actual vehicle. I had no idea those existed. I love ancilliary stuff like this. I still hunt hard for a stuffed odyssey 2 dragon hatchling. I hope my poster for quest for the rings I got from the odyssey store is survivng in my storage unit... id love to have some of those vintage imagic club posters and items.

What is the size of the vehicles when assembled?

(Not that y'all are going to open yours, but if I ever get any, I will.)

Probably 1:25 scale being that they're MPC, but sometimes those Snap kits were smaller.

It's hard to read in these photos/scans, but I can see that it says on each cover that they're 1:32, which is typical for a lot of the snap-together kits.

those cars are really cool extras when you already have too much carts ;)

here's my centipede van! (scanned in case rom wants to add it to atarimania)

I will most certainly do that.

Would be great to get a bigger picture of the BattleZone and Missile Command ones too.

ATARIPITBULL?

8)

aside from the manuals the box and the system look like us systems with a sticker. wonder if there was any legitimate difference in the original hardware to even tell if its anything more than a us system with a sticker... maybe it puts out video differently? I though japan used ntsc also, though?