IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED this week? New Top Ten

cvga

I never spend the amount of time some do. Thats one of the reasons I love Atari - short bursts of gaming fun. Otherwise you're getting into WOW territory. So anyway, this past week was spent playing a little Circus Atari, Asteroids, Ice Hockey, Bump & Jump on the 2600 and Food Fight, Donkey Kong, and Ms Pac Man on the 7800

I love the Atari because it allows me to play for as long or little as I want also. Do you know about how much time you spent playing? It helps with the tally since I try to rank them by minutes played.

I never spend the amount of time some do. Thats one of the reasons I love Atari - short bursts of gaming fun. Otherwise you're getting into WOW territory. So anyway, this past week was spent playing a little Circus Atari, Asteroids, Ice Hockey, Bump & Jump on the 2600 and Food Fight, Donkey Kong, and Ms Pac Man on the 7800

I love the Atari because it allows me to play for as long or little as I want also. Do you know about how much time you spent playing? It helps with the tally since I try to rank them by minutes played.

Honestly, If I play one game for 10-15 minutes thats a good haul for me. Maybe I just have a short attention spa. . . oooh a puppy!

;)

I love the Atari because it allows me to play for as long or little as I want also.

I am with you on this. 584 minutes!!??!! 8.5 HOURS!?!?? Wow, suddenly I feel like second-hand fan. I played Pitfall for 40 minutes last night (i.e. played twice until time ran out) and thought, "Whew, that is plenty."

Edited by atari_envy

Yeah, initially I thought it would be cool to see what people actually play the most compared to what gets ranked the highest. However, I've also really enjoyed seeing how much time people spend playing. I rarely have more than an hour to play but it's still fun to get away for a bit. My daughter has also enjoyed the atari time we've been spending together. It's pretty common for us to play a game for a few minutes and then move on to a different game.

We've played exactly 150 different games over the past 4 weeks. 140 of them have been on the 2600!

More time was logged this week (3690 minutes) than in any other week other than Week #1.

HSC cart of the week wins again!

Here is the top 10 for Week #4

1. Reactor (2600) 742 minutes

2. Park Patrol (C-64) 584

3. River Raid (2600) 510

4. SwordQuest - Fire World (2600) 240

5. Sky Skipper (2600) 180

6. Pitfall II (2600) 120

7. Adventure (2600) 85

8. Circus Atari (2600) 70

8. Pitfall (2600) 70

10. Asteroids Deluxe, Space Duel (7800), Dragster, Haunted House, Missile Command, Solar Plexus (2600) tied with 60

Keep posting those minutes!

Dragster - 60 min

Fast Food - 45 min

Midnight Magic - 45 min

Reactor - 60 min

Intellivision Night Stalker - 45 min

Intellivision NBA Basketball - 30 min

5200 Super Breakout - 50 min

5200 Realsports Soccer - 30 min

Not sure if you're counting Genesis or NES games but I've been playing Columns a ton. This past week, about 360 min & Robocop vs. Terminator - 20 min. Also, Legend of Zelda NES - 30 min.

Peace

In the last 7 days,

Pitfall 10 hours (not the same 10 from other week)

Othello 4 hours

Donkey Kong arcade (bonus game on DK64) 30 mins

I know the last one is on the N64 but it seems to me to be identical to the arcade so I consider it an emulator.

How the hell do you access that? I don't particularly like DK64, but if there's the arcade version in there somewhere......

(back to topic)

I've been playing a bit here recently:

Missile Command(2600) ~1 hour

Food Fight(7800) ~ 45 minutes

Beef Drop(7800) ~ 2 hours

Keystone Kapers ~20 minutes

Kaboom ~1 hour

I purchased a Flashback today and I am playing Sky Diver (love that game) for 2 hours,

checked out Crystal Castles (I'm not very good with this kind of view, 25 minutes. Still I give it another try soon).

Air Sea Battle is quite good too, played it for several hours.

Don't like the mixture of 2600 and 7800 titles, I think they should have made two consoles, one with VCS games another with 7800 games.

Nevermind.

OK, here are my games for this week...

Gremlins (C-64)... 191 minutes (95 emulated in VICE, 96 on the original C-64)

Vanguard (2600, emulated in Stella)... 55 minutes

Park Patrol (ZX-Spectrum, emulated in MESS)... 49 minutes

Lock'n'Chase (2600, emulated in Stella).... 42 minutes

Tortue (VG-5000, emulated in DCVG5K)... 33 minutes

BigBaps (ZX-Spectrum, emulated in MESS)... 28 minutes

Glouton (VG-5000, emulated in DCVG5K)... 8 minutes

Star roc (VG-5000, emulated in DCVG5K)... 5 minutes

Total gaming time: 411 minutes (59 minutes per day)

For the record, I'm about to add another hour to Food Fight, at least 30 minutes to Beef Drop(both 7800), and an hour to Missile Command(2600). If I'm still in the mood(I'll update with a yes), I'll do 30 on both Circus Atari and Kaboom.

Can't help it... a local radio station is playing all 80's music(Jack FM, for those in similar markets)..... and it puts me in the mood.

In the last 7 days,

Pitfall 10 hours (not the same 10 from other week)

Othello 4 hours

Donkey Kong arcade (bonus game on DK64) 30 mins

I know the last one is on the N64 but it seems to me to be identical to the arcade so I consider it an emulator.

How the hell do you access that? I don't particularly like DK64, but if there's the arcade version in there somewhere......

(back to topic)

I've been playing a bit here recently:

Missile Command(2600) ~1 hour

Food Fight(7800) ~ 45 minutes

Beef Drop(7800) ~ 2 hours

Keystone Kapers ~20 minutes

Kaboom ~1 hour

In the Frantic Factory locate the DK machine, it looks just like the real thing. Use DK to pull the lever and the game begins. Finish all 4 stages once through to receive a banana medal??? then a second time through to get a nintendo logo???? I'm a little rusty on this but I think once you beat it twice it's unlocked from the main menu. It's been a couple years since I unlocked it. Check out www.gamefaqs.com it's got to be there.

Sorry for the late update. We continue to add new games and systems to the overall list. With over 2200 minutes logged again this week, the Week 5 Top 10 is...

1. Gremlins (C-64) 191 minutes

2. Beef drop (7800) 150

3. Air Sea Battle (2600) 125

4. Missile Command (2600) 120

4. Sky Diver (2600) 120

4. Starship (2600) 120

7. Lock N Chase (2600) 108

8. Food Fight (7800) 105

9. Reactor (2600) 95

10. Kaboom (2600) 65

with Boing!, Dragster, and Target Fun following close behind at 60.