IGNORED

Incoming! Label Contest

Albert

Hey folks... here's my design... thought I'd give you a preview since it's not up on the site yet. Ended up using markers first, then scanning and manipulating the drawings before adding the digital background. Hope you dig it! :D

What scanner do you have? I'm trying to look for a decent one so I don't have to start from scratch in photoshop.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I'm very pleased with the Canon Pixma MX700 I just picked up. It's a mutli-function (printer, scanner, copier) for about $150. (I needed a new printer anyway, and the copier function is extremely handy.) I use VueScan for running it, although the included Canon software is pretty good.

Yep, Canon rules! I use a Pixma 850 for ALL my ART,"Nuff Said"!

Got mine half off at Staples!

Nathan Strum's latest is hilarious. :D

Thanks! :) I had a lot of fun with that one. I've been posting about the "making of" my labels in my blog, if you want the story behind it.

Nathan, the last entry ist really funny! It's my favorite and I hope someday Ben will add a level with these kids throwing water bombs... :ahoy:

Nathan Strum's latest is hilarious. :D

Thanks! :) I had a lot of fun with that one. I've been posting about the "making of" my labels in my blog, if you want the story behind it.

Pssst. Don't tell anyone but its currently my favorite, and the blog was a good read too. I admire the skills and time it takes to do, what to a layman like me, looks like something simple but is actually fairly complex. Great job.

To all the artists too. Great job! :thumbsup:

What scanner do you have? I'm trying to look for a decent one so I don't have to start from scratch in photoshop.

I have an Epson Perfection 3170 Photo (with an upside-down lightbox embedded in the lid). I was more into photography 4 years ago when I got it, and I have scanned everything from slides and negs to drawings on napkins, even a burned piece of pizza.

Highly recommended... provided they haven't strayed to other parts manufacturers in recent years...

OK everyone!

First off, thanks for everyone who participated. The decision making process wasn't entirely easy, especially when I know that lots of people have sacrificed their free time to make these entries and that only one of them can be picked. I sort of feel bad picking just one...if I had it my way we'd perhaps do a gimmicky multi-cover 'Incoming!' extravaganza and use 10 different labels on 10 different numbered cartridges. :) But since 'there can be only one', I've decided that the winner is...

*dramatic pause *

Holger Bommer #1!!!!

Incoming_HolgerBommer_front_1_thumb.jpg

Like I said, a lot of them were very good. I liked Holger's first entry due to it's general theme, comic-book-ish feel, colors, and layout. Everyone else... please don't hate me for not picking you! :)

Lastly, I figured I might mention that I'm working on a new game which is completely different from 'Incoming!'. All I can say at this point is that it involves a panda on a quest to save his brother's penis... :) so perhaps I'll have the privilege to solicit label designs from you guys again at some point in the near (or far :) ) future...

Thanks again,

Ben

Edited by Ben_Larson

Wow!

This is really a suprise! I didn't expect this, because so many good entries have been posted! The entries in this contest were as good as the entries in the last contest, LEAD. I just sent my entries because I like to draw and create labels for VCS carts.

I had the comic book style idea, because I'm a big fan of the old DC and EC war comics... :cool:

In a really hard week this is the best news for me!! Thank you, Ben!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:D Holger :D

it involves a panda on a quest to save his brother's penis... :) so perhaps I'll have the privilege to solicit label designs from you guys again at some point in the near (or far :) ) future...

Good lord. I'm afraid of what those labels will look like. :-o :D

Maybe there are some naked pandas on it. ;)

it involves a panda on a quest to save his brother's penis... :) so perhaps I'll have the privilege to solicit label designs from you guys again at some point in the near (or far :) ) future...

Good lord. I'm afraid of what those labels will look like. :-o :D

Maybe there are some naked pandas on it. ;)

The mist clears to find Ben Stiller nude wearing a panda head as a hat. :rolling:

AX

I remember reading about this game in the mainstream media years ago. It is how I found this site. I can't wait to get it, and I am inspired to finish my game that I haven't worked on in a year.

Oh yea, you're probably referring to this article:

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2845,1156412,00.asp

...which was written probably 5 years ago or so. I had actually completely forgotten about it until several months ago when I was googling myself... :)

Ben