IGNORED

No More 7800 and carts!

iratanam

My brother had something similar happen but with our parents. He was studying overseas and a bunch of stuff "disappeared," including a Genesis, a SMS, and some old computers he had restored to be working. Our parents deny having thrown anything away, but my wife and I remember a conversation last January in which my mother "cleaned" his room immediately after he went back to Europe...

I suspect most collectors, regardless of the collection, have similar stories. Thankfully my wife won't throw anything computer or game related out, even boxes, because she has seen how much money I've spent over the years ;-)

My brother decided to throw out my Atari 400+carts and my 520ST with about 300 discs+memory upgrade + HDD :x 2 years ago when he was having a clear out.

It was my stuff that he had borrowed years earlier and he didn't bloody ask!

(still hurts thinking about it even now)

A good marriage is more important than any video game. While it's a depressing loss, perhaps it really was an accident.

Full Disclosure: my wife plays the 7800 with me whenever I hook it up and is considerably better than me at Ms Pac Man.

I dunno, the Atari is cheaper and bitches less... ;)

• 6 months later...

Well bad as I hate to be the one to drag out a 7 month old topic. I kinda almost owe my wife an apology. I went back out to the storage building the other night to get some luggage out for my youngest daughter. Well a couple of the suitcase felt damn heavy so I opened them up. Well guess what? :ponder: Yep that's right. Bad part is now I can remember actually putting all that stuff in there :roll:

Open mouth, insert foot, echo internationally.

Well bad as I hate to be the one to drag out a 7 month old topic. I kinda almost owe my wife an apology. I went back out to the storage building the other night to get some luggage out for my youngest daughter. Well a couple of the suitcase felt damn heavy so I opened them up. Well guess what? :ponder: Yep that's right. Bad part is now I can remember actually putting all that stuff in there :roll:

Ouch! I think you be sleeping on a couch for a while.

I say put everything back and say nothing :roll: And take her out for a nice dinner :cool: If you tell her she may never cook you dinner again :P

I don't have my Atari's (minus the power cord-less heavy 6'er Sunnyvale ed.) in storage. I have them all sitting on top of an old 1984 Zenith Console TV. I will have to take a snap shot and post it for ya all to see it. Actually! I do have a couple pictures...but I digress. I can't put them into storage...I still play on them.

And I agree, with 18 games, console, power adapter, and two controllers, it is NOT light. geesh...

http://picasaweb.google.com/ETSchuetz/Gaming# - My Gaming pictures...not everything, but a good amount of it though. There is an old Atari cartridge holder I made in wood shop back in 7th or 8th grade. Still looks great, and works OH SO WELL! Comments welcome. (By the way, that holder I made...it is now about 16 to 18 years old)

Edited by etschuetz

Of course, we men don't make mistakes like that. It was a plot...a ploy! She did it to make you take her out on a romantic dinner, to wine and dine her. Just a cheap ploy. Yeah, that is it. That's the ticket.