IGNORED

Pac-Man Hallmark Ornament

phitter

How cool is this - I saw one on display at the store last night but there were none available for purchase. When you hit the white buttons, it plays the theme song. This will look good on the tree this year when I find one.

qxi2154_magic.jpg

Pac-Man Ornament -(zoom in to see details)

OMG OMG! I'm a Hallmark Gold Crown Member, and so have accumulated points... :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine today and this thing is way cool. I was expecting a few sounds but it plays the whole startup sequence, a bit of the game then Pac Man getting killed. Also the whole cab lights up. I guess it's not entirely 2600 related but it is entirely cool.

My other favorite is 'The trouble with tribbles'. It is Kirk in a little chamber with tribbles falling over his head and he talks.

Here's a pic of the ornament in operation in a really low light situation so you can see how much it lights up (I was actually surprised when I first saw this).

post-5874-1227206811_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure how popular this ornament is going to be, but you might be able to find it in Hallmark stores (or stores that carry Hallmark ornaments) after Xmas when there will be sales (beginning at 50% off, I've seen them go as high as 90% off), if there are any leftovers.

I went out (just got back).... dealing with Baltimore traffic at rush hour.... just to buy one of those little buggers.

I'm hoping they'll still have another one next month sometime, because I do want one to keep in the box.

I thought about Rose when I was driving home with it...... seeing how she would have looked at me, smiled a little and rolled her eyes, as if to say; "I married a kid, and he's always going to be that way."