IGNORED

The worst part about getting a Quadrun

Mayhem

Qudarun is a great game once you learn how to play. The basic idea is to shoot your energy ball at the enemies and then quickly zip around to the other side and catch it. Every now and then a runt will escape from the cage at the center of the screen and you need to go grab him before he smashes into the energy barriers on either side of the screen. The controls are a bit qurky, but once you get used to them it becuase second nature (push up or down to switch vertical sides, or move into the left or right wall to switch to the horizontal sides). Give it another shot, you'll like it.

Tempest

Mayhem ! You have got to get the senders verification, in an email, that is stating that this is a gift, which it is, right? ;) At least this is what the customs routine is here in Sweden. Done it once in a trade with Gunstar, hell of extra work, but worth every penny. They wanted me to pay $25 for a Video Pinball C-380. Cretins.

I would never pay VAT for something that has not been produced in 20 years! :x Damn customs, catch the idiots that are smuggling people and drugs instead! :x

Good luck,

Bez

I would think that the worst part of obtaining Quadrun is the fact that it might be the only game missing from someone's collection and once you have obtained it, there is nothing new for the Atari 2600 to obtain (well maybe new home brews as they came out but nothing from the original Atari).

It's not the only thing missing from my collection. I have quite a ways to go: :)

http://www.siegler.net/2600

The text file is my current list. There's a few pics of my pile, but it's been organized and is all in boxes now. :)

I have a couple of Rarity 10's in here. Quadrun, Atlantis II, & Silver label Quadrun. So I've gotten those out of the way. Now I need to get all the old stuff. :)

is forking for the sodding import charges when it arrives from the US! Feckers want $180 to get it... most of that VAT (which is charged on the value AND postage combined!)... bite the bullet and take it I guess...

Make sure the guy who sends you the cart never puts the "true" value of it on the import form!! Thats just pointless! You know what I mean......

;)

I would think that the worst part of obtaining Quadrun is the fact that it might be the only game missing from someone's collection and once you have obtained it, there is nothing new for the Atari 2600 to obtain (well maybe  new home brews as they came out but nothing from the original Atari).

They'll always be Video Life and Eli's Ladder to chase after! I doubt I'll ever get those...

Cheers,

le geek

Now I've gotten the package, I can try out the game! :D

Actually it works almost perfectly on a PAL machine, thank god for that. The display cuts slightly when the speech finishes, but that's about it. As for the game itself, it's a fun little program to say the least heh...

Hah... I mail packages of varying sizes, weights, and contents all over the world from the US, and I've never heard anything about retarded charges on the receivers' ends. I sent a money order for $42 and a gun catalog to Malaysia, a NTSC VHS tape to Oz, $100 cash to Hong Kong, and CDs to Canada. Only once did anything ever come up missing, or cause a problem. Dirty chinese government stole one of my payments to a distributor.

Oh I know that Stella... but with how much it cost me, I wanted insurance on it in case it got lost. Hence needing the true value being used...

That's your call but I've spent much more than $1000 on an item on Ebay and said x-nay on the insurance, I'll risk it and save. It worked out just great... :) Its always a risk....