IGNORED

Who is still in business for Atari Christmas?

_The Doctor__

Atari Computers... Who's Still in it!  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Do want your Atari supporters found and interviewed?

• Yes
    • No
    • unsure

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I would like any person who has any information of anyone or anything related to the Atari line of computers to post the info for all to see! Any people who handle any aspect of hardware, software, parts, sites, or any scraps and tidbits, just so long as they are ACTIVE and available for commerce or interview.

The reason? They are a special breed and need to be recognized for being here! I am looking to interview all such persons and post info here at Atari Age. If there is a question you have been burning to ask someone that is still active drop me a few lines as to the question and why.

I hope to post it here, and maybe get them to come through Atari Age and say Hi, maybe connect with their fans

Let's show them all how much we appreciate them. Show 'em we absolutely care and are behind them!

Hey don't forget to vote!

Edited by _The Doctor__

There is definite and genuine interest here.

I have ordered a SIO2PC USB interface, I am hoping it arrives soon so I can post a review of it along with an interview. When we spoke he seemed very receptive to an (in)formal interview and seems quite modest.

send messages to me with specific question you wish asked and I'll add them to the Que.

post it please,

as for others, try Bradley Koda at Best Electronics, sure he will have some interesting stuff to say

Also, I have an idea, too!

There are many programs (mainly games) at Atarimania, listed as utrarare etc.

Some of them are even with a box-scan.

The idea is to find particular sucker and to ask him why the hell the particular one still undumped.

Btw. If he (she?) tells you something that "it's sealed and blah blah blah" ask him again if (s)he wants to be sealed, too!

So - to all "so-called" collectors - you'd better open your boxes and check if that package you just paid thousands of dollars for, contains really the game/program, not a pack of sand and/or a couple of dead mice instead. :P

Thanks for the attention.

Hello all,

I have made note and will line him up after Steve and the Atarimax hardware review... I just received some awesome looking hardware and I am putting it thru it's paces!

Also, Check with Lance Ringquist at V61 / atarisales.com

651-462-2500 in the US

what about all the demo coders on AA's A8 forum, like TMR, Tezz, Emkay, Heaven, XXL etc etc

As well as some of the hardware hackers like Beetle, Metalguy, Bob1200, ClausB and not forgetting wareat (or was it wareat) and others

Edited by carmel_andrews

Let's not forget about You at Atlantis!

How about an interview with Ben Smith? :)

Oh man, please no. once you get him talking you can't shut him up.

Besides, he buys most of his inventory from v61 and best.

Which means you pay less money for the same things going though them rather than Ben.

Oh my God, It is real!

We are running at 127840 BPS and it is perfect! Bam!

This is not your imagination! Look carefully inside that connector!

This thing screams! Incredible speed and control! YES!! YES!!

post-21949-1228808082_thumb.jpgpost-21949-1228808337_thumb.jpg

post-21949-1228808391_thumb.jpgpost-21949-1228809152_thumb.jpg

He has more ideas and products in developement so buy these up and more will come. It's in the works!

www.atarimax.com is where it's at!

I recently conversed with Steven J. Tucker from Atarimax!

Want to know about him, his company, or some views he shared with me in general?

Let me know by sending me a P.M. or send a note. I you want it I will post it.

Edited by _The Doctor__

I knew I remembered a8maestro. I posted a link or two for you!

http://morethangames.a8maestro.com/

http://www.a8maestro.com/index.htm

Well, I am with "More Than Games" and "Rix Computer Activity Tools".

I am all over AtariAge and other places.

Rick D.

For those that asked,

Yes the pocket modem still works, all the way up to an amazing 500 baud. While the private emails to see if it were for sale are nice. I actually still use it to call and configure alarm systems. So I really do not want to part with it. I really didn't think it was all that rare.

I will make this offer I will let anybody who has one and needs the P: term disk have a copy. I will turn it into an atr and you can use the APE Prosystem to make the disk. Just send a pm or e-mail me.

For those that asked,

Yes the pocket modem still works, all the way up to an amazing 500 baud. While the private emails to see if it were for sale are nice. I actually still use it to call and configure alarm systems. So I really do not want to part with it. I really didn't think it was all that rare.

I will make this offer I will let anybody who has one and needs the P: term disk have a copy. I will turn it into an atr and you can use the APE Prosystem to make the disk. Just send a pm or e-mail me.

These things are rare? I tossed mine in the trash a few months ago when I was cleaning up. If I had known it was rare...

post-21024-1229121577_thumb.jpg

post-21024-1229122025_thumb.jpg

You aren't throwing away perfectly good Atari hardware and parts are you? Ganky!?!?!

I guess not. I still have it. I could have sworn I tossed it. Oh well.

I have the Pocketmodem, the Pocketmodem terminal cartridge, the manual, and the box. There's also an RJ11 phone cord in there too, though I don't know if that's the phone cord that came with it. You can see the cartridge, modem, and manual in the scans I've attached below.

post-21024-1229122332_thumb.jpgpost-21024-1229122357_thumb.jpg

Mine didn't have a disk; it has a cartridge.

Reading through the manual is quite funny now. Check out the introduction.

post-21024-1229122915_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ganky

Wow, I have my P: term on disk, You have something on cartridge. I wonder what the differences are?

I have no idea where the manual for mine is! Digital devices made this one for the US is your also? I see it is different brand on the outside

You aren't throwing away perfectly good Atari hardware and parts are you? Ganky!?!?!

I guess not. I still have it. I could have sworn I tossed it. Oh well.

I have the Pocketmodem, the Pocketmodem terminal cartridge, the manual, and the box. There's also an RJ11 phone cord in there too, though I don't know if that's the phone cord that came with it. You can see the cartridge, modem, and manual in the scans I've attached below.

post-21024-1229122332_thumb.jpgpost-21024-1229122357_thumb.jpg

Mine didn't have a disk; it has a cartridge.

Reading through the manual is quite funny now. Check out the introduction.

post-21024-1229122915_thumb.jpg

Edited by _The Doctor__

Wow, I have my P: term on disk, You have something on cartridge. I wonder what the differences are?

I don't have a disk, so I couldn't tell you. I wonder if you did a search on the Internet if you could find something? Might be worth a try.

I have no idea where the manual for mine is!

I don't know where your manual is either. Maybe if you sent me a strand of your hair I could channel your psychic energy and locate it for you. PM me and I'll give you the mailing address to send the hair. I don't want to post it out in the open.

Digital devices made this one for the US is your also?

I don't know. I didn't ask.

I see it is different brand on the outside

I wonder if it's a different brand on the inside? Now you've made me wonder, thanks a lot.

Say, do you remember a cartridge for the 800 that you plugged into one of the cartridge slots so that you could copy the cartridge in the other slot? I had one of those cartridges. It was made of some kind of concrete stuff or something. It was like they stuck the PCB in a mold and then filled the mold with concrete. It had a SPST switch on the top. I got curious about what was inside of that cartridge. I chiselled away at it for like six hours... just gradually chipping away little bits and pieces of the concrete. I never ever did get down to the PCB... I lost interest and moved on to something else. It was the strangest cartridge I had ever seen in my entire life. I wish I could remember what it was called.

Say, do you remember a cartridge for the 800 that you plugged into one of the cartridge slots so that you could copy the cartridge in the other slot? I had one of those cartridges. It was made of some kind of concrete stuff or something. It was like they stuck the PCB in a mold and then filled the mold with concrete. It had a SPST switch on the top. I got curious about what was inside of that cartridge. I chiselled away at it for like six hours... just gradually chipping away little bits and pieces of the concrete. I never ever did get down to the PCB... I lost interest and moved on to something else. It was the strangest cartridge I had ever seen in my entire life. I wish I could remember what it was called.

I remember that one tooo... but the name escapes me!