IGNORED

Interest check in new ColecoVision cart casings

Pixelboy

As far as I can tell at present, I'll be down for 75 smoke blacks and 75 milkies. Basing this on what I believe I have available. I'll know for sure by tomorrow - just gotta double check the account when I go to work. If I don't pipe up prior to the deadline on the 20th with a change this will be what I'm down for.

Smoke black and milky carts will be 2.40$CAN each, so that's 360$CAN as your start amount. With King_Salamon's philanthropic offer aside, if orders remain as they are, your setup fees will likely be around 34$ for smoke blacks (43$ for me and 43$ for retroillucid), while for milkys, your setup fees will be 40$ (53$ for me, 27$ for retroillucid).

If Moldex surprises you and pulls off more silvers than retroillucid wants, let me know. By then I'll likely have more money for extras and we'll try to work something out. ;)

If Moldex manages to produce more than 50 silvers, the extras will probably only be a handful. But I'll let you know. :)

24 hours left before I submit my very last casings order to Moldex! Any new orders (or changes to recorded orders) are welcome until then! :)

Let me know via pm or whichever on what my total cost is going to be (including shipping). I'll be able to dig up a money order after that and have it in the mail asap.

24 hours left before I submit my very last casings order to Moldex! Any new orders (or changes to recorded orders) are welcome until then! :)

Let me know via pm or whichever on what my total cost is going to be (including shipping). I'll be able to dig up a money order after that and have it in the mail asap.

Ditto for my contribution... I have the Paypal at the ready. I haven't heard from you... hope all is well Pixelboy.

Ditto for my contribution... I have the Paypal at the ready. I haven't heard from you... hope all is well Pixelboy.

I sent the order to Moldex via e-mail yesterday morning, and I also tried to reach my contact there by phone this morning, but I wasn't able to get a reply. So that's why I've been mostly silent about this. I'm waiting to get the pre-invoice from Moldex with actual price quotes before contacting everyone who has placed an order with me.

They are closed during the week-end, so this will have to wait until Monday. Thanks for your continued patience. ;)

Quick update: I just talked to my contact at Moldex this morning, and I should be receiving a price quote shortly.

I don't know what they're doing at Moldex these days, but they're really getting sloppy with customer service, at least where I'm concerned... Anyhow, when I receive the price quote, I'll contact everyone involved.

Thanks.

Quick update: I just talked to my contact at Moldex this morning, and I should be receiving a price quote shortly.

I don't know what they're doing at Moldex these days, but they're really getting sloppy with customer service, at least where I'm concerned... Anyhow, when I receive the price quote, I'll contact everyone involved.

Thanks.

Well with the economy being where it is I think Moldex is experiencing what many companies are experiencing... less staff on payroll to make things work. As a result, customer service and every other part of the company is doing more work than they normally would be doing.

Hopefully they get these cases made in all these awesome colours! :)

Well with the economy being where it is I think Moldex is experiencing what many companies are experiencing... less staff on payroll to make things work. As a result, customer service and every other part of the company is doing more work than they normally would be doing.

Agreed. But when they give you the quote, make sure you find out when the order will be due as well. I'm waiting for the quote before I can fire off a money order, so hopefully they're not going to come to you one day and say "Ok the price is this, and the product will be ready tomorrow!" :ponder:

Agreed. But when they give you the quote, make sure you find out when the order will be due as well. I'm waiting for the quote before I can fire off a money order, so hopefully they're not going to come to you one day and say "Ok the price is this, and the product will be ready tomorrow!" :ponder:

I talked to my contact again yesterday morning. She told me she would give me the quote between now and next Tuesday. I told her that I needed this done by October 9th at the very latest, and she told me it was no problem.

And the wait continues... :ponder:

Alright! I got the invoice from Moldex! They sent it on August 28th to my old e-mail address, so it's a good thing I thought of checking that old inbox today.

I'll be contacting everyone who placed an order shortly, if all goes well. I say "if all goes well" because I couldn't access the internet from home this morning, for some odd reason. Hopefully the problem will have been resolved by the time I get home tonight. If not, well, it's just going to take a little while longer. :)

• 2 months later...

I prefer the smoke black ones. Look very nice!

Those could pass for smoke black in the right light, but they're transparent-blues instead. Unfortunately Moldex seemed to be out of smoke black by the time the last order was ready to go. :| Still, I'm quite happy with what I got. :)

Those could pass for smoke black in the right light, but they're transparent-blues instead. Unfortunately Moldex seemed to be out of smoke black by the time the last order was ready to go. :| Still, I'm quite happy with what I got. :)

I was a bit disappointed with some of the colors from that last batch. I expected the transparent blues would be like the ones to be used for Penguin Land, only transparent, but instead I got the one pictured above, which is indeed more akin to smoke black.

But transparent yellows were by far the worst: They came out dark brown! You can see the yellow in them if you hold them up to any light source, but they're really dark. Fortunately, such transparent brown carts can still be used for certain projects, and I do have something in mind for them... ;)

I was happy with the transparent greens and reds, although they're a little darker than I expected.

As you can see in Mord's pics, the milkys are really white, and hardly translucid at all. I have special plans for those too, and they won't be for Sudoku/Solitaire as my web site indicates. But I'm waiting for a certain project to officially start before updating the web site.

Oh, one last thing: I have reviewed my inventory of cart casings, and I have found that, in the general interest of my Team Pixelboy publishing label, I should keep all my remaining stocks of carts, including regular blacks. I will likely be using them all for my own Team Pixelboy projects. This does not apply to the Activision PCB/casing project however, as I'll have more than enough of those to sell to other people. :)

Well, you said in a previous message that you wanted smoke black cartridges, the smoke blue cartridge looks very nice, close to want you wanted first, I guess. When we will see these cartridges released with games in them?

When we will see these cartridges released with games in them?

It'll be a while before I'm at a point where I can finish a colecovision game. I have a couple ideas batting around in my head but I won't be seriously looking at the colecovision's specs and programming tools until january at the earliest. :)

Oh, one last thing: I have reviewed my inventory of cart casings, and I have found that, in the general interest of my Team Pixelboy publishing label, I should keep all my remaining stocks of carts, including regular blacks. I will likely be using them all for my own Team Pixelboy projects.

When your stocks start getting low and you think you might be trying to borrow the mold again to make more let everyone else know asap. The earlier the better so we can save up ourselves! ;)

• 1 month later...

So everyone got they're cases by now correct? I like the White cases! The smoke yellow ones looking brown sound awesome to me!

Anyway... now that everyone has some cases... when can we expect some new releases to be coming out? :)

By the way, Happy New Year to everyone!

Some games are already published with these brand new Coleco cartridges. I'm sur you can name a few based on the different threads here and there in the forum.

So everyone got they're cases by now correct? I like the White cases! The smoke yellow ones looking brown sound awesome to me!

Believe me, the transparent browns are not that awesome... :ponder:

Anyway... now that everyone has some cases... when can we expect some new releases to be coming out? :)

I don't know what Mord and the.golden.ax plan to do with the casings they bought, but I know that most of the upcoming releases from CollectorVision will be using an older run of colored carts. For the last run, retroillucid has several plans, but they're all rather long-term. The closest release that will make use of the most recent production will likely be Track & Field, which will use transparent green casings, but even that won't happen before next July, at best.

Edited by Pixelboy