IGNORED

Okay folks, list em!

HiroProX

Why no STacy? because it's a 16 bit machine and he asked for a list of you favorite 8bit stuff.

As has been mentioned, because I'm inquiring about 8-bit hardware.

But since you mention it, I do have a STacy4, 4Mb RAM, 20Mb HDD, and working screen. My other "big Atari" is a Mega STE. The third 16-bitter is an Amiga A600. In 32-bits, I have the 32-bit descendant of the A8, an Amiga A1200.

My fav is my stock 130XE for general use. Though I just ordered a 600XL with the 64 K & composite AV mod. That could become my fav.

For my sunday drivers, an original 800. Still in love with the old beast. She makes a fine 8-bit stew! :)

The 1200xl is definitely worthy of a display case, however. What a piece of design art.

My fav is my stock 130XE for general use. Though I just ordered a 600XL with the 64 K & composite AV mod. That could become my fav.

For my sunday drivers, an original 800. Still in love with the old beast. She makes a fine 8-bit stew! :)

The 1200xl is definitely worthy of a display case, however. What a piece of design art.

Which is why I stick the 130xe motherboard in the 1200XL case. The 130xe keyboard (even with the upgraded mush-cups) sucks by comparisson the the 1200XL or original 800, which is another MAJOR reason.

The picture Tezz posted of the 130XE with LCD display is a "concept photo" of what he PLANS to do.. Not an actual photo of a finished machine. Kewl Idea. Can't wait to see the real one..

My 320 XE is the one that I use most.

It´s a 130 XE with build in 320 k with full ANTIC access. It has a built in Printer interface - but I think of dismounting it, cause I don´t have a printer with centronics anymore - and it has the additional function keys from 1200 XL.

Next thing I have to add is S-Video upgrade.

Then the whole machine will went into a new casing. The grey looks actually more yellow and there are many cuts from old upgrades - but the machine runs ;)

As "discdrive" I use my SIO2USB, that is far the best "floppy drive" for our beloved machine ;)

130XE with 320KB Compyshop RAM upgrade, SVideo Upgr.

1050 Speedy with Trackdisplay and beeper

SIO2USB in XC12 case

8" TFT Monitor in SM124 case

XEP80

Multijoy8 in SLMC804 case (coming soon)

600XL with 64K an SIO2PC and F1-F4 built in, SVideo Upgr.

800XE with 512KB and 2 OS, SVideo Upgr.

1050 TURBO with printer cable

Turbofreezer XL2

Turbofreezer III XE 2004

XC12, 1010, 1020, 1029, 1064, Lightpen, XG-1 Lightgun, Touchtablet CX77, NumKeyboard CX85, Keyboard Controllers CX50, Video Touch Pad, ATARI Paddles CX30, ATARI Joysticks CX40, ATARI Joypads, ATARI Driving Controllers Cx20, Trak Ball CX80

1040STFM, SM124, Mouse for playing "Supersprint", "North and South", "Lotus Turbo Challenge" looking for "Full Metal Planet" (owned that long ago)

admire: Jeff Minter

Edited by FlorianD

• 1 year later...

For I am moving to a new flat, my computers are spreaded over different store locations.

Main machine:

800 XL, 576k (BigBen/mega-hz), Stereo-Pokey (mega-hz), 32-in-1-OS (SJ Tucker)

1050 MiniSpeedyTS

Rana 1000

SDrive

SIO2USB

SIO2SD

Phillips CM8833-II

Actually I have 2 machines like that, but the second one misses the 32-in-1 OS

The new flat will have a whole room just for computers, so I will be able to have 4 or 5 systems running at one time. :-) I can choose from:

Atari 800

Atari 400 (48k and cherry keyboard)

Atari 1200 XL (NTSC, thanks, Bob!)

Atari 600 XL (64k, Stereo)

Atari 800 XE

some more 800 XLs

Atari Lynx

Atari Jaguar

Atari 260 ST

Atari 520 ST

Atari 1040 STF/STFM/STE

Atari Falcon 030

Commodore Amiga 1200 (Blizzard 1220/4)

Commodore Amiga 2000

Commodore Amiga 500

Commodore C64, 1541

Sega Dreamcast

Still hoping for a Schneider CPC 664 or 6128 and a Atari TT.

When I moved to the new flat I will start to list my computers as my collection is getting rather big.

I have Managed to update My collection. so here it is:

1- 800XL with RAM320 XL Upgrade, Stereo Pokey and Custom S-Video (improvement on the Ben Poehland version)

1- Mint in Box Rana Systems 1000 Disk Drive

1- Excellent Condition Indus GT in Perfect working order.

1- Original 48k 800 With Custom S-Video.

1- 1050 with US doubler

2- 810 Disk Drives

2- Standard 64k 800XL's with Custom S-Video Upgrades

2- Upgraded 64k 600XL's with Custom S-Video Upgrades

God I love the 8-Bit! =)

Well, I'm just starting to collect Atari stuff again since my divorce from my first wife cost me all the Atari stuff I had then. GRR! Here is what I have so far:

Atari 2600 Jr

Atari XEGS w/all originally included accessories (works, but some console switches need replaced)

My favorite console is the Atari 5200 4-port and my favorite Atari game is Star Raiders.

• 5 years later...

Atari 1200XL with Super Video 2.1 mod and SIO fixed

Atari 1050

Lotharek SIO2SD 1.3 (black)

Sony PVM-14L1 monitor

B&C CX-40 clone joystick

Atari 2600 Junior with A/V mod

Harmony SD cartridge

B&C CX-40 clone joystick

Shares PVM-14L1 with 1200XL above

Commodore 64C

Commodore 1541-II

The Future was 8-bit SD2IEC

Sony PVM-14M5 monitor

B&C CX-40 clone joystick

I'll play...

1200xl

XEGS (keyboard only - no light gun)

130XE

130XE New in Box - Sealed.

800 with memory modules that dont have the plastic covers on top...

3 1050's stock.

XF551 New in Box - Sealed

XDM Printer - New in Box - Sealed

XM301

SX212

MPP1000c

830 acoustic coupler

XF551 with 3.5 mech

Won't be getting much other "big gear" as I have about all I could ever want... Though I will be doing some upgrades, and POSSIBLY getting a 600XL to use as an upgrade machine.. Love the small form factor. Just wish it was done in XE paint scheme grrr..

Also have:

C128

C128d

Amiga 1200

Commodore PLus/4

1660 modem

I was a bit of a collector back in the day, in a way...I mean I didn't have the money to own a lot of machines at the same time. I'd sell one, and buy another...but I *temporarily* owned a bunch of hardware. TI-99 4/A, Atari 400/800XL/130XE, Commodore 64 and Tandy Coco 3. And, other computers or game systems in the house included Atari 2600, Odyssey 2, Atari 1200XL, & TRS-80 Model III.

So, fast forward to today....I get the most enjoyment now out of using the machine for programming, and am loving the ABBUC contest as an excuse to use my Atari.

So I definitely put my Atari 800XL as the pride of my collection, which MetalGuy is currently fitting with a Rapidus/U1MB to go along with the VBXE he also fitted (must be 3 years ago now)....and I use it with an XF551 disk drive, 15" NEC Flat screen VGA monitor, Atari 850/UDS-10 Lantronix for connectivity, and SIDE 2 and SIO2SD for other storage.

I did buy a bunch of other Atari crap which is almost entirely not working right...simply because I tend to buy 'interesting' stuff that just plain has issues.

but I digress, I mentioned the earlier comps because one of them still calls to me, that Tandy Coco 3. I'm going to ignore that desire, because I do not have time to finish all the Atari projects I want to do, there is no way to adopt another platform. But that was an impressive 8-bit. Of course it's because it was introduced in 1986. But then again, when atari released it's last 8-bit the xe gs, being a Tramiel idea, it didn't include any advancements....tandy's last 8-bit was awesome.

Everybody listing some pretty impressive collections, but very few with U1MB installed.. In my opinion, it is just about the best upgrade made for the 8-bit. Well, here's what I got:

Atari 800 w/Incognito

Atari 400 - bone stock 16k

2 800XL's with U1MB

2-Atari 1200XL both with U1MB

1 130XE stock

6 1050's - 2 Happy, 2 US Doubler, 2 stock

and too damn many 1010's and 410's (they seem to come with every damn atari I buy)

and tons and tons of other misc atari stuff

Yup, I didnt even look at the origination date. My bad. I still believe U1MB is the best tho :)

U1MB is neat, I've been considering one for my 600XL.

Current Atari 8-bit Computer Collection:

48K 400

48K 800 (needs new keyboard)

600XL w/ RAM 320XL

800XL w/ MegaHz 512K upgrade

Stock 130XE w/ SIO issues

1050 Happy Drive, IDEPlus 2.0, SIO2SD, SIO2PC USB x2

850 with iPocket232 serial<->Ethernet

SX212 Modem

Card?/AT SIO->Parallel

1010 Program Recorder

Various joysticks and some paddles

Touch Tablet

Light Pen

Atari game systems:

Lynx II w/ about 20 games

5200 w/ about 12 or so games

Interesting Non-Atari 8-bit stuff:

RCA 1802 Homebrew computer I'm working on

My CP/M box died :-(

Obviously not all of this is hooked up. I don't have the space anymore. I have some old SGI, Sun and DEC VAX stuff in storage I probably need to dump on eBay too LOL The 800XL in my room and the 400 are the only 8-bits in regular use. My kids like my Lynx too for some reason.

--Kevin

Edited by kogden