IGNORED

What are some arcade games that were never made into a console version?

Zap!

I'm 100% sure Battletoads never got ported.

I had a friend who had Battletoads for SNES and I think they came out on regular Nintendo too?

how about:

Locomotion(old Konami puzzle game from 1982)

Beezer

Eyes

Lady Bug (I remember that a longtime ago, it was sorta like a Pacman type game..don't think that was ported)

War of the Worlds(old vector game from '82)

Arabian

Big Run( racing game from '89)

Fast Lane(rare racing game from Konami)

I'm Sorry (rare arcade game by Sega from '85)

Kick(this game featuered cameos from Pacman characters)

Disco #1 (very obscure disco game from early 80's lol)

screenshot for Disco #1:

post-22489-1235166383.png[

Edited by lushgirl_80

Locomotion(old Konami puzzle game from 1982)

Lady Bug (I remember that a longtime ago, it was sorta like a Pacman type game..don't think that was ported)

Locomotion was ported to the 2600 but never released.

Lady Bug was released for the Colecovision and C64 (and probably some other machines). There's also a great homebrew version of Lady Bug for the 2600.

Was Kick the same as Kickman and Pinhead?

I remember playing it on an Atari 800 and in the arcade. It had a guy on a unicycle who could kick and could catch and pop falling balloons on his head. After a certain amount stacked up, the balloons would pop. Every so often characters from Pac-Man fell. Pac-Man himself could be caught and used to eat the balloons. It looked a little like Breakout or Snood, with a bunch of balloons on top and your kickman on the bottom.

That was a great game. I wish it had been released for the 5200 or 7800.

^^ that description makes me feel so nostalgic :) ....I remember that Kick game at the ice cream parlor nearby my house and my grandma used to take my sister and I to get an ice cream cone there ,and I remember it was cool because the Pacman ghosts were in that game.....dang that was something longtime ago...think I was in 2nd grade...I don't remember playing tho,just looked at the screen...

I'm 100% sure Battletoads never got ported.

I had a friend who had Battletoads for SNES and I think they came out on regular Nintendo too?

There where many different BattleToads games sprinkled over various consoles,

but the arcade BattleToads was never ported.

Intro screen form Stage 3: The Dark Queen's Battleship

wallpaper3.jpg

Hi guys,

The Simpsons by Konami.

I know it's not console, but wasn't there a PC version of The Simpsons arcade game at one point? Maybe it was in production, but later got canned?

The PC and even the Commodore 64 got official ports of the Simpsons arcade game. The C-64 version isn't half bad, either, probably the best Double Dragon-esque game to come out for that system, in my humble opinion.

Those aren't consoles, ;) though certainly people used them as such.

Death Race

My knowledge of older arcade games is severely limited, but a game called Death Race was made for NES. It could be a different game under the same name though.

The origanal was 1976 and the first ever contraversial video game (running over "sticks" that looked like humans). Not the same game.

It was quite fun!

I was thinking about these games when I read this thread..

Pac-Man Plus

Baby Pac-Man

Yie Ar Kung Fu

Mr.Do's Wild Ride

Goonies 1

T-Mek

Sonic the Fighters

(according to wikipedia about Sonic the Fighters:"The game was once planned for release on the Sega Saturn, but was cancelled for that console.") :(

Pac-Man Plus is on both Pac-Man Collection carts (7800/CV). Yie Ar Kung Fu is available on Commodore 64, MSX, GBA, Sinclair Spectrum, ColecoVision and the Amstrad CPC. The Goonies was released on Amstrad CPC, Famicom, Atari 800, Spectrum, Apple ][ and C64. Mr. Do's Wildride was only available for the MSX computers, as far as I know. There's a cart for T-Mek for the Sega Genesis/32X as well as a PC version. I doubt we'll ever see a true port of of Baby Pac-Man since half of it was a pinball machine. I have no idea about the Sonic game you mentioned.

I have no idea about the Sonic game you mentioned.

Sonic the Fighters is a 3D arcade fighting game that came out in the late 90's.All the characters were from the Sonic games and it was really fun to play. I remember playing that with my friends at Planet Lazer in Hayward,CA(one of those Lazer tag places from the late 90's ). I love the cute cartoony type fighting games the best.

post-22489-1235210865_thumb.jpg

Actually I read in wikipedia that Mr.Do's Ride was an arcade game that was never released on a system. Baby Pacman would be possible I think because all they'd have to do is figure out how to turn the pinball part into a videogame,I mean there are good pinball videogames afterall. I'd play that one for sure.

Edited by lushgirl_80

Sonic the Fighters is a 3D arcade fighting game that came out in the late 90's.

Ah. Fighters were never one of my favorite game types. Possibly since I've never been very good at them. Way too many complex button combination's to remember.

Actually I read in Wikipedia that Mr.Do's Ride was an arcade game that was never released on a system.

Well, Wikipedia is far from perfect. I know for a fact that there's a MSX port for it since I have it on a copied 3.5 floppy. In fact here's the compilation disk it's on, as part of the MSX Mania series plus the original rom.

mania084.zip

Mr._Do__s_Wild_Ride__1985___Nippon_Columbia___J_.zip

The rom you can easily use in an emulator such as Blue MSX and the disk comp is great for transferring to an actual floppy via the Disk-Manager by Lex Lechz for use on a real MSX.

Locomotion was ported to the 2600 but never released.

But it did make it out for the Intellivision.

And there's a EU/JP only GB/GBC version in one of the Konami GB Collections, under the name Guttang Gottong (GB b/w with SGB support for JP and GBC for Europe, but they have the same games, though they are numbered differently) and a Tomy Tutor version.

I never saw goonies in the arcade. anyone else?

I have seen it at a Chuckie Cheese, the Nintendo Vs. System version. It's pretty much the Famicom game ported to arcades, despite the confusing dates listed at KLOV and Gamefaqs (1985, despite the title screen saying 1986). Very fun game, too bad it didn't make it to homes in the US. Good thing the sequel came home, though.

Sonic the Fighters took a long time to come home, but it's in the Sonic Gems Collection for GCN and PS2 (only GCN made it to the US).

The Goonies was released on Amstrad CPC, Famicom, Atari 800, Spectrum, Apple ][ and C64

Famicom is the original from Konami, but those computer versions are completely different games from the Famicom game that weren't made by Konami. There's also a MSX Goonies from Konami that's similar to the Famicom one, but is still a different game (plays kind of like a combination of Goonies 1 and Goonies 2 for the Famicom/NES). However, there was a port of the Famicom version to an obscure Japanese computer, Sharp X1. Here is a video of the X1 version.

Disco #1 (very obscure disco game from early 80's lol)

It didn't get an official port, but the game Thin Ice for the Intellivision is based on it and has very similar gameplay.

Edited by BrianC

Yie Ar Kung Fu - this one was on a GBA Konami classics cart and was also released on Xbox Live

Goonies 1 - this was released on the Famicom in Japan, but I don't know if it was released anywhere else.

I never saw goonies in the arcade. anyone else?

The Goonies - Atari 800 / Commodore 64 / Spectrum / Amstrad (1985), not really consoles, but it was really in a home version.

The Goonies - Atari 800 / Commodore 64 / Spectrum / Amstrad (1985), not really consoles, but it was really in a home version.

As I said in my above post, the Atari 800/ C64/ Spectrum/Amstrad Goonies is a completely different game from the Famicom/Arcade Goonies. I also mentioned other versions of Goonies from Konami in that post (including the Sharp X1 version, which is a port of the Famicom version), complete with youtube links (blue text, can't miss it).

Video of C64 Goonies

I don't think Mappy or Rally X got ported did they?
As for Rally X the closest is Happy Race for the Watara Supervision.

Radar Rat Race for the C64, which is practically a 1-to-1 clone of Rally X with some sprite changes.

There's an official port of Rally-X on the MSX computer. Here are some screens.

Some arcade games I know of that didn't get ports are:

Strikers 1999/Strikers 1945 III

Space Bomber

Turbo Force

Snow Bros. 2

Vimana

Dogyuun

Edited by BrianC

I don't think Mappy or Rally X got ported did they?
As for Rally X the closest is Happy Race for the Watara Supervision.

Radar Rat Race for the C64, which is practically a 1-to-1 clone of Rally X with some sprite changes.

There's an official port of Rally-X on the MSX computer. Here are some screens.

Thanks for pointing that out to me. Turns out that it's on one of the Mania disks. :D Pretty good port. Plays slower that Radar Rat Race on the C64 but isn't really easy on that account. It's still a good challenge.

post-10357-1235312203_thumb.jpg post-10357-1235312229_thumb.jpg

Speaking of Radar Rat Race, there is a version of it for the Vic-20 that actually has the Rally-X graphics, titled Vic Car Race. It's available on the Vic-20 Supercart. I'm not certain if this is the original release and had to be changed on account of legal reasons. Seems likely though.

Here's a vid of it: