IGNORED

What was your favorite video game commercial?

ddaniels

I'll start.

Try to help me remember this commercial. It was around '81 or '82 and George Plimpton (Intellivision fame) was showing off the new World Series Baseball game that was coming out for the ECS computer. I'm thinking this game was running on a tv that had some sort of cover or sheet over it. George walks over to the tv and removes the cover to show off this baseball game that at that time had the best looking graphics for a baseball game EVER. I was blown away by what I say and knew that I had to have this someday. What's uniqie about this commercial it didn't seem to get much airplay as this came out towards the demise on the Intellivision. I don't think this was one of the typical George comparing an Intv game to Atari commercial but an all out check out the future of the Intellivision commercial. I think it was a last gap or hope for keeping the Intv cash register ringing.

Does anyone else recall this tv ad? Is this floating around on the net?

Sadly, I think this was one of the last commercials Mattel made for their system. I could be wrong. Help me out.

Thanks

Was this the commercial you were talking about?

or it could be this one-

Nope those aren't it but thanks for trying. I've looked everywhere but no luck. After searching a little I did find out that this commercial was released in Xmas of '83 according to this site

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellivision...Series_Baseball

Any else remember this commercial?

well I'm going a lot newer for memorable ads.

jet grind radio

this one ad, captured everything that was ever right with sega. Loud, fast, brightly colored and 'up in your grill.'

Not to mention just plain looking like fun.

It takes quite a lot to get into my head and make me think "**** yeah, I'm going to play that game"

Edited by Reaperman

I was thinking the Plimpton ads for Intellivision the moment I saw the title of hte thread. The other thing I liked about the Plimpton ads was that there were paradies of it. In Canada, there was an old comedy show called SCTV (like a SNL) that made fun of those commercials.

I've found most videogame ads over the years to be pretty forgettable, but two stick in my mind.

The first was a Sega Genesis commercial, and I have to say it stuck the Genesis so well in my mind that I ended up buying one and giving Sonic the Hedgehog a try. It was part of a series where some comedian was dressed up as a woman and ranted about how Sonic was bad for the kiddies. The specific one which caught me was one where at the end she suggested pursuing "wholesome" hobbies instead, like "macaroni art."

The other one was one which I don't believe ever aired and I only ever saw on YouTube. I'm not sure what system it was for, but I believe it was an early commercial for the XBox 360. In it two men start a finger gun duel and it spreads to other people until everyone in the area is playing cops and robbers with their finger pistols.

I can't tell if this one was mentioned in one of the detail-less Youtube link posts above (hint: try typing a few words when you just post a link so folks know what they're linking to...), but Pontiac had a great car commercial not too long ago showing one of their cars in a game of SpyHunter. Very cool....

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=QO6ER2K65sE

Edited by ls650