IGNORED

Good Games for Very Young Children

Great Hierophant

I have a three and three-quarters year old who loves to play simple video games. I want to introduce him to the many joys of the VCS. What are good games for his age group, other than Atari's children's label games.

He can grasp the using the Wiimote in children's games, and can play simple flash games on the computer. I think simple games like Space Invaders or Pac-Man would be good. I don't think he can handle complex games like Pitfall, Adventure or even Yars' Revenge yet. River Raid may also be just about the limit of his skill level right now.

I think paddle games may also be good, especially as they use one axis instead of two of the joystick, if the game has a slower ball.

Has anyone any guidance in this area?

While they have been 7800 games, Bean's favorite game to play last couple weeks has been Centipede and she will be 2 at the end of Feb. She also loves playing PacManPlus's Space Invaders and Pac Man Collection. She likes Food Fight but isn't very good with the controls and gets a bit frustrated. Mind you I'm still helping her a bit since she sits in my lap to play however she turns on both the 7800 and the tv by herself already.

I agree w/ Ginnidog - let him try as many as he can and see what he likes. Especially if he can grasp the wiimote fine and play flash games, the 2600/7800 should be easy. If he's ok with you helping with the controls, assist for a bit till he gets the hang of the game. You'd be surprised at what lil kids can accomplish and what games they decide they want to play!