IGNORED

How do you fix a sticky paddle button?

Ferret75

So I just got my first set of paddle controllers and paddle games (Breakout, Video Olypmics, and... Backgammon :P ).

One of the controllers on it is perfect, but the other has a really sticky button which frequenetly sticks. x_x

Anybody know how to fix it?

• Take apart the controller.
  • Clean the button and the black case where the button rests with Pledge
  • Reassemble paddle
  • Problem solved

So I just got my first set of paddle controllers and paddle games (Breakout, Video Olypmics, and... Backgammon :P ).

One of the controllers on it is perfect, but the other has a really sticky button which frequenetly sticks. x_x

Anybody know how to fix it?

• Take apart the controller.
  • Clean the button and the black case where the button rests with Pledge
  • Reassemble paddle
  • Problem solved

Ah, thanks.

I personally find it kinda odd to have two controllers hooked together personally, which gets annoying as some games require you to have multiple pairs due to multiple ports being used, meaning you would sometimes need FOUR controllers for a TWO-player game. XP

While the paddle is open, you may want to give the potentiometers a good cleaning, too. They used a graphite paste back in the day to lubricate them, and it gets incredibly gummy and nasty after some time. You don't really need the paste anyway, so I clean out all of my paddles and driving controllers.

I use lemon Pledge on all my carts, controllers, and consoles. The stuff cleans and brings back shine better than the day they left the factory in most cases.

The button can only go back together one way so there really isn't much chance of it getting stuck because of that. I just give it a blast of Pledge, rub it around with my fingertip, then rub it off with a paper towel.