IGNORED

Wanted: something rare and expensive

Zap!

Looking for something ultra rare. I have about $400 to spend right now, and will up the cash if the offer is interesting enough. Not looking for something new or bundles of 10 things (looking for one expensive thing). Looking for something pre-Nintendo. Please don't tell me you have something for sale for $450 when it's worth $100 at best. I am a gaming historian, former editor of Zap!, and have been gaming for 30 years. I know what's rare and what isn't, and what's expensive etc. Do you have a Colorvision for sale? A Halcyon? Adventurevision? Then now you're talking. Rarity 9 or above please, throw your offers at me! :)

Edited by White Knight

Why? For what? Be more specific, system, cart or what? I got a nice 5K item sitting here. :ponder:

Doesn't matter, would like certain systems, and certain carts. 1979-1986 is usually the core years. 5k is a little steep though. I may have to stick to rarity level 9's for now. :)

I've been *vaguely* considering unloading my 1400XL but I don't really need the money, and I would rather trade it for something equally interesting. Vaguely. Expect offers to be rebuffed but offer anyway, you never know.

FYI: Working, has a giant external switching power supply, voice synthesizer chip, 384K memory and a real lab copy of Telelink 3 (I think the ROM dumps floating around came from me, I lent it to Vendel at one point so he could dump it). The only think I can think of that it doesn't have is the 1400XL badge on the case.

Also FYI: $400 wouldn't be nearly enough.

Eric

I have a super rare copy of the Atari World Championships cartridge. It predates the Nintendo World Championship cartridge and the Genesis Blockbuster World Championship cartridge. It's so rare that I didn't even know I had it or that it existed until I saw this thread. It's not worth $400 though, it fetches $4,000 and up. But this one time I'll let it got for $399.99. That way you can save alittle money from your $400 :cool:

I've got an official Atari 7800 Development card for sale right now for about $400. Only about 30 were made.

Tempest

Whoaaa, I own 10% of all 7800 devcards. :D I even have the 2600 only 7800 devcard. :cool:

Did you buy those ones that were missing some of the chips? I think they were on ebay several years ago. :ponder:

Mitch

I've got an official Atari 7800 Development card for sale right now for about $400. Only about 30 were made.

Tempest

Whoaaa, I own 10% of all 7800 devcards. :D I even have the 2600 only 7800 devcard. :cool:

Did you buy those ones that were missing some of the chips? I think they were on ebay several years ago. :ponder:

Mitch

Mine came from B&C. Bruce supplied the missing chips so it was complete.

Tempest

Hey guys, thanks for all the offers and PM's you sent me. Right now I have a pending sale of a boxed Romtec Colorvision for $400 plus shipping (sounds about right). However, I will still need more stuff with the next paycheck. I really wish I could buy more now, but I will repost here in about a week to 10 days!

Thanks again!

Tempest

Mitch

Two of them are missing one or two chips, they are protos of some kind, I'll show them to you at some point. They have a lot of 30awg wiring on the back. I got them from Curt.

Tempest

Mitch

Two of them are missing one or two chips, they are protos of some kind, I'll show them to you at some point. They have a lot of 30awg wiring on the back. I got them from Curt.

that sounds fascinating CPUWIZ, can't wait for the pics!!!!! ;)

Tempest

Mitch

Hmm, probably a Rev0 like the one in this pic? http://www.whimsey.com/atari_docs/orig_cart.html

If you ever make it to one of the SC3 meets maybe you could haul one along. :)

Mitch

a real lab copy of Telelink 3

Telelink 3? Is that the same as the Atari 1400/1450XL Telecommunications cartridge?

Tempest

Yes. If I remember correctly when you pop it in it displays "Telelink III" in big letters on the screen...I didn't try it out past that.

Tempest

Mitch

Hmm, probably a Rev0 like the one in this pic? http://www.whimsey.com/atari_docs/orig_cart.html

If you ever make it to one of the SC3 meets maybe you could haul one along. :)

Mitch

I'll have to check, I think mine looks like that. I haven't plugged it in in a few years but last time I did it worked. I vaguely remember a special trip to radio shack to find a parallel cable with all the two way signal lines so I could use it.

What is SC3?

I'll have to check, I think mine looks like that. I haven't plugged it in in a few years but last time I did it worked. I vaguely remember a special trip to radio shack to find a parallel cable with all the two way signal lines so I could use it.

What is SC3?

Do you have a Rev 0 or a Rev 1 like this one?

SC3 info is here.

Mitch

How about an ultra-rare (the only known instance on KLOV.com) "Bombs Away" arcade machine? It's most assuredly pre-NES: ca. 1976.

Its true value lies in its uniqueness. Its uniqueness is rooted in the facts that it appears to be of no historical significance whatsoever and no person has yet revealed to me any nostalgic attachment or fond memories of playing this machine.

:)