IGNORED

Blue Dragon Question

Mendon

I just saw that Amazon has Blue Dragon on sale today for $12.99. Anyone here played the game, and if so, your thoughts/opinions on it?

Not sure I like the "Dragon Ball Z" art style and I've only read one review of it and that review gave it a 6 out of 10 and basically said "Ho Hum.... not the best but not the worst." But I'm a sucker for games on sale and I think I might jump on this game at $13.

Mendon

It was alright. Blue Dragon is about as generic of a JRPG as you can get. It has some pretty graphics and the cutscenes are nice, but the whole plot and gameplay is fairly standard. The main villian is also about as scary as your grandfather, so keep that in mind.

I'd say it's worth $13. Not the best but not the worst describes it pretty well. I think it's worth buying just to hear the battle song that plays during boss fights.

Tempest

I think Tempest hit the nail on the head. it really is well done and fun, but just seemed kind of generic.

I thought the main villain was pretty lame.

I did like the fact you group monsters together and get them to fight each other.

If you enjoy classic turn based RPGs you'll probably like this game.

All in all I paid $20 and certainly got my money's worth.

I just saw that Amazon has Blue Dragon on sale today for $12.99. Anyone here played the game, and if so, your thoughts/opinions on it?

Not sure I like the "Dragon Ball Z" art style and I've only read one review of it and that review gave it a 6 out of 10 and basically said "Ho Hum.... not the best but not the worst." But I'm a sucker for games on sale and I think I might jump on this game at $13.

Mendon

i think its pretty good so far i just started playing it. i got a good deal on it at gamecrazy for $10.

I finely picked it up, I heard it was "oldstyle" but apparently oldstyle meant like FF7. To many menues and a lot overcomplicated (I know the game is escentually paused when your in the menues, but comeon at least try to simplify them)

Other than that, the main charaxcture seems to like to say bastard like every other phraze, and that lost it's "cool" factor (if it ever had one) in a big hurry.

I finely picked it up, I heard it was "oldstyle" but apparently oldstyle meant like FF7. To many menues and a lot overcomplicated (I know the game is escentually paused when your in the menues, but comeon at least try to simplify them)

Other than that, the main charaxcture seems to like to say bastard like every other phraze, and that lost it's "cool" factor (if it ever had one) in a big hurry.

I thought the main character sounded like Naruto which drove me nuts. I kept expecting him to say "Believe it!" after every confrontation.

Tempest

apparently oldstyle meant like FF7.

FF7 is over a decade old. I'd say whatever style it was then...was old by now.

If it was more FF1 style, you would have heard it was creaky, dawn of the console RGP style. ;)

I will admit, as competent of a game as it was, there was little cool about it.

Grrrr. I made a critical error and am probably gonna have to quit Blue Dragon. I'm at the end of disk 2, and am not leveled up enough to get past the 2nd floor of Nene's fortress (or whatever you call it.). The bosses absolutely mop the floor with me (which is weird since I hadn't died until this stage). Sadly, I don't have a save from before entering the stage that isn't really really old. Grrrrr.

well, Yeah,I mean old like SNES ff games were OK.  AndGolden sun was what I would have calledOld style without being overly complicated, even with the addition of the pokemon charactures.

to be brutaly honest, FF7 esd yhr end of me likeing RPG’s untill newer adventure types came out like morowind.

Edited by Video