IGNORED

Tatsunoko VS Capcom

Shawn

Watched some video of it and it looked pretty sweet but am a sucker for anything Gatchaman i hope it makes it stateside sometime it would be nice to own. :)

Import it and use a freeloader disc if you have too cause it's not comming out here. All the rights to Tatsanuko outside of Japan are in the hands of a few different companies so I don't see capcom seeking the rights from a bunch of different folks to get this released but hey maybe they will. All I know is I wasn't missing out on this game so I got a NTSC-J copy. It's totally playable with no knowledge of Japanese which is a real bonus.

I've always thought importing games would be awesome.

I've heard about folks importing fighting games and having a blast playing games they normally never would be able to.

Unfortunately my favorite genre is RPG and while there have been some games I only wished would be released here in the US even importing them wouldn't do much good because I don't know Japanese!!

I wish I loved fighting or racing games more, seems to me whatever the language, you could probably figure the game out.

This is one of the only games the latter half of the year I actually wanted, and it's not out in the US. :(

And seriously, I love Nintendo.. but that really hurt when they made the Freeloader disk stop working 3-4 updates ago. Now I can't play my two Gundam games anymore that I love... :-/

I'd try the hack, but all that stuff sounds way too complicated, and I heard there's a chance an update could brick your little white box... not worth the risk.

Maybe one day I'll get a japanese wii when the craze of it all has died down.

the game is awesome.i only have played a couple matchs on it,but awesome stuff.one question,how do you pull off the special attacks?i can do the tag partner attack,but not the big attacks that use up the power meter on the bottom of the screen.

1+2+Z all at the same time does your special move when your bar is lit up.

the game is awesome.i only have played a couple matchs on it,but awesome stuff.one question,how do you pull off the special attacks?i can do the tag partner attack,but not the big attacks that use up the power meter on the bottom of the screen.

thanks.i was using a gamecube controller to play,now im using the classic controller,much better feel then the cube controller.i finally got to the last fight,but he kicks my ass on his third transformation when he has the big hand.

thanks.i was using a gamecube controller to play,now im using the classic controller,much better feel then the cube controller.i finally got to the last fight,but he kicks my ass on his third transformation when he has the big hand.

Save up your power up so its a 4 or 5 and then unleash it on him as soon as the match starts (you special meter carries over from #1 to #2 to #3). If you got Ryu rockin, in the first 2 incarnations of the boss you just back up as far as possible before the match starts, do a double jump and haboken your ass off, double jump, repeat haboken. This will also build up your special attack meter to use agenst #3.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

I can't say I'm fond of this game... it's definitely on the low end of the Capcom vs. series. Even X-Men vs. Street Fighter was better than this. I mean, the graphics are perfectly fine, but the new three button control scheme is the pits (which one's punch? Which one's kick? Arrgh!) and the Tatsunoko characters are the most store brand generic heroes in history. The engine's got loads of promise, but Capcom's got to get rid of the dead weight and bring back the six button control to make it work.

I can't say I'm fond of this game... it's definitely on the low end of the Capcom vs. series. Even X-Men vs. Street Fighter was better than this. I mean, the graphics are perfectly fine, but the new three button control scheme is the pits (which one's punch? Which one's kick? Arrgh!) and the Tatsunoko characters are the most store brand generic heroes in history. The engine's got loads of promise, but Capcom's got to get rid of the dead weight and bring back the six button control to make it work.

You can use a cube controller also which will fix these controller issues your not liking.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I've been rocking out online with it, Roll is absolutely incredible I've won 5 matches against what should have been decent players with just her, and they weren't even close, she's erratic, a pain to hit, and a total nuisance to anyone. Plus her super HC is really powerful and pretty funny.

The Tekkamen rock as well, and so does Silver Lightan (yep capcom add that nice little touch) and Joe the Condor, but personally I think everyone is a viable character to play as

plus the game is so stepped in fan service it isn't funny, well maybe it is, Jun the Swan's ending is generally funny, so are Frank West's, viewtiful joe's and Doronjo's