IGNORED

Tatsunoko VS Capcom

Shawn

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how this game is doing on the sales charts?

This game has gotten tremendous reviews everywhere I look on the 'net. Almost universally, Tatsunoko vs Capcom is being called "THE GAME" for Wii gamers. I'm not into fighting games but because of all the positive reviews and posts, I'm almost ready to go out and buy a copy.

So I'm curious if the game is selling well and if Capcom has a huge hit with this release.

Mendon

I'll be picking this up as soon as I find it in stores.

And I'm comfortable enough in my manhood to say I can't wait to play as Chun-Li and Jun the Swan. :lust:

One question: if I want to get the fighting stick, does it come bundled with the game or do I buy game and controller seperately?

You dont need the controller but it is available separately for I think $49.99 It would be cool if it worked with VC games, because the ball joystick would be perfect for pac man and similar 8bit games.

Edited by Warriorisabouttodie

So I'm curious if the game is selling well and if Capcom has a huge hit with this release.

Mendon

I wouldn't hold my breath. According to this post on GoNintendo, looks like no one is buying it.

You still haven't picked up a copy though, for whatever reason. Are you still wondering just what makes this game so great?

Let's be honest though, regardless of the third party sales issues for hard core games on Wii, this is an unknown property in the West so we'd be lucky if it sells much at all.

Mendon

I wouldn't hold my breath. According to this post on GoNintendo, looks like no one is buying it.

You still haven't picked up a copy though, for whatever reason. Are you still wondering just what makes this game so great?

I think you're reading a bit much into that. :ponder:

Vgchartz thought Tatsunoko vs. Capcom would sell about 70K (US only) the first week, based on about 43K preorders.

Other Wii games that sold 60K-80K their first week:

The Conduit

Ghostbusters

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles

Edited by vdub_bobby

Looks like vgchartz has numbers today...they say Tatsunoko vs. Capcom sold 83K in the US in it's first week. Not sure about the accuracy of that, though...:ponder:

OK, looks like it has done or will do King of Fighters XII PS3 numbers, which I'd say is probably the minimum required to be worthwhile. Now let's see if it does Blaz Blue PS3 numbers, which is more or less the number to declare success.

Those goalposts are completely arbitrary. But then again the PS3 allegedly has 1/4th the userbase of the Wii. And BlazBlue was a completely unknown quantity with ridiculously inflated review scores. So, TvC should be able to match it.

Next stop, 280K. I think BlazBlue came out in the summer, so the timer is 6 months?

I got it today and played it for ~ 6 hours, beating the Arcade mode with Ryu, Chun-Li and Morrigan so far. The hardest enemy besides the boss battle(s) seems to be the guy with the long blade, I think Tekkaman is his name.

It plays okay with the classic controller, albeit I'm not too good at the attacks that require zig-zag movement of the controller to unleash. What's pretty cool is that you can always display a list of your movements, so you can learn them easily on the fly while actually playing the game.

BTW: This is the first game I've ever seen where the ending credits are a playable minigame :o :lol:

I beat it another three times today, albeit only needing 3 hours to do it with Alex, Batsu and Megaman Volnut. Batsu plays mostly like Ruy, but he seems to be more powerful and slightly easier to play, so he's my favorite male charater so far.

Megaman Volnut was by far the easiest run, in fact I beat all 8 rounds in a single go, so besides unlocking Frank West and Zero I've already claimed the #1 spot of the Hiscore list now as well :D

Megaman is nearly unstoppable but not really rewarding to play. You basically just have to mash the 'a' button until his hyper is charged, then fire it. I think I only needed tagging in 2 stages, he even made it through the three boss battles all on his own... :ponder:

• 2 weeks later...

I got it today and played it for ~ 6 hours, beating the Arcade mode with Ryu, Chun-Li and Morrigan so far. The hardest enemy besides the boss battle(s) seems to be the guy with the long blade, I think Tekkaman is his name.

It plays okay with the classic controller, albeit I'm not too good at the attacks that require zig-zag movement of the controller to unleash. What's pretty cool is that you can always display a list of your movements, so you can learn them easily on the fly while actually playing the game.

BTW: This is the first game I've ever seen where the ending credits are a playable minigame :o :lol:

if you clear the game as roll, you get another minigame,

anyway, Yatterman-1 is actually the easiest character to clear the arcade mode with, his level 1 charger super will down yami with 2 uses

I agree that the command list on screen is a nice touch, no in and out of pause menues

Anyway give some of the tatsunoko guys a shot, a lot of them are a ton of fun to play as (especially Joe the Condor, Polyimar and Jun the Swan)

(especially ...Jun the Swan)

That ..... and she's hawt! :lust:

Ahem, anyway! I am really enjoying it so far, despite having my butt handed to me by 12 year olds from Japan online (seriously are there no domestic gamers for this online???) but I am finding my Classic Controller is giving my carpel tunnel with all the Reverse Dragon Punches and Quarter Circles. I tried a Game Cube controller and found it worse. Might be time to invest in a fighting stick (besides Chun-Li is on the fighting stick and she's hawt too! :lust: )

Okay okay okay I better stop now. :)

(especially ...Jun the Swan)

That ..... and she's hawt! :lust:

Ahem, anyway! I am really enjoying it so far, despite having my butt handed to me by 12 year olds from Japan online (seriously are there no domestic gamers for this online???) but I am finding my Classic Controller is giving my carpel tunnel with all the Reverse Dragon Punches and Quarter Circles. I tried a Game Cube controller and found it worse. Might be time to invest in a fighting stick (besides Chun-Li is on the fighting stick and she's hawt too! :lust: )

Okay okay okay I better stop now. :)

there should be plenty of western players, I know I am

anyway I'm like number 250 worldwide, nothing seems to get people to drop like roll's level 3 HC, guess I just robs them of their dignity