Albert

Wanted: SuperChip-based Atari 2600 Carts

Al, I have six from the list. You can have them and I will pay for the shipping. Please PM me your shipping address. I appreciate your efforts that make AtariAge available for us to use.

Can the carts be PAL or must they be NTSC? Does it matter if the carts are the variety that have rectangular holes in the upper corners of the front of the cart?

Yep, PAL carts and carts with the holes under the main label are both fine. :D

Thanks!

..Al

Al,

Have you hit your target yet? How many super-chips have you acquired so far? I feel good knowing I was able to contribute to the pile (even if it was only 1.) ;)

Edited by Deteacher

There is a chip that could be used which would include bank-switching, RAM, and ROM all within a single inexpensive chip, but it's only available in surface-mount. The latter chip will probably be used for 2600 carts in the future, but that design isn't finalized yet.

What chip were you talking about here? Thanks.

--Selgus

Al,

Have you hit your target yet? How many super-chips have you acquired so far? I feel good knowing I was able to contribute to the pile (even if it was only 1.) ;)

I'm up to about 80 carts now. Still need about 20 carts. :)

..Al

There is a chip that could be used which would include bank-switching, RAM, and ROM all within a single inexpensive chip, but it's only available in surface-mount. The latter chip will probably be used for 2600 carts in the future, but that design isn't finalized yet.

--Selgus

The same chip that powers the Harmony boards.

--Selgus

The same chip that powers the Harmony boards.

Hmm, at ~$3 per chip, this might make a good candidate for making RAM PLUS type games, or maybe even more RAM banks.

--Selgus