IGNORED

360 dvd question

Corby

thanks tempest

My first xbox so I haven't given much research on this system, just learning the ropes!!!

I've only had my Xbox for a few months, so I'm hardly an expert myself. :)

Keep in mind though, the 360's DVD drive is LOUD! So either crank up the volume or get a dedicated DVD player. :)

Tempest

Side - question - is there any better quality of anything when you bump up from base to the more premium packages, other than hard disc memory capacity?

Nope. They're all the same on the inside. Originally there were some differences (HDMI ports for example), but not anymore.

Tempes

Exactly. You can buy an Arcade, wired headset, and the 120 gig HD for thirty dollars less than the Elite, and have/ be able to do everything that the Elite has/does. Except for the black case.

After you purchase a network cable and HDMI or Component Cables unless the Arcade units are shipping with those now?

Exactly. You can buy an Arcade, wired headset, and the 120 gig HD for thirty dollars less than the Elite, and have/ be able to do everything that the Elite has/does. Except for the black case.

After you purchase a network cable and HDMI or Component Cables unless the Arcade units are shipping with those now?

I recently bought a second Xbox 360 for my recently finished basement TV area. I considered the Elite, but after doing some math decided on the Arcade unit.

I paid $200 for the Arcade unit, $135 for the 120gb HDD, and $11 for a HDMI cable, all from Amazon.com. I have plenty of ethernet cable laying around so I just made my own network cable, but I am confident I could have bought a 6-10 foot cable for $10 or so from Amazon as well.

Both the Elite and Arcade have 2 games packed in. Lego Indy and Kung Fu Panda were packed in the Elite, and since I already owned Lego Indy, the game choice for me was between Kung Fu Panda or Sonic Tennis and a disc with 6 Live Arcade games. I already owned 3/6 Live Arcade games and did not own Tennis.

Another bonus with building my own Elite unit was that the Arcade set has a memory card packed in. I downloaded my Xbox Live gold account to the memory card and just plug it into whatever Xbox I am playing. Plus I could easily transfer game saves between my 2 machines.

Another bonus with building my own Elite unit was that the Arcade set has a memory card packed in.

Bad news, the newer Arcade units have the memory built in, a step back if you ask me. :(

I have two memory cards one for me and one for my girlfriend. We can swap between 360's easily that way.

Also keep in mind you're leaving off the head-set and a months worth of Live Gold.

Bottom line, you don't save a whole lot building your own Elite and dang that black case is slick!

Edited by moycon

Some DVD's in my X-box sound like their going to take off (off ballance maybe?) But mostly they aren't to bad. The drive in the system plays DVD just fine, it's the HD that needed the external drive. I got one cause I thought it was cool and nobody around here carrys HD dvd's, not even used ones :( Heh, guess that's what Ebay was invented for :P

Edit

Oh yeah, my box is Vertical, don't know if that's relevant to it's noisyness or not, but eh, thought I'd point that out.

Edited by Video

Another bonus with building my own Elite unit was that the Arcade set has a memory card packed in.

Bad news, the newer Arcade units have the memory built in, a step back if you ask me. :(

I have two memory cards one for me and one for my girlfriend. We can swap between 360's easily that way.

Also keep in mind you're leaving off the head-set and a months worth of Live Gold.

Bottom line, you don't save a whole lot building your own Elite and dang that black case is slick!

I must have received an older unit when I got my Arcade unit. I bought it this month. I am glad though because I would rather have a memory card than built in RAM.

I already had a headset so for me a black case was not worth $50. I would rather buy a game than have a black Xbox personally.

The Dell website is having a sale on Xbox 360 consoles.

Elite for $340

Pro 60GB for $255

Arcade for $170

80GB PS3 $340

There did not seem to be any catch like signing up for a dell credit card. I only proceeeded to the point where name, address, and CC info was required.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/categor...ategory_id=6494

Edited by Bilnick