IGNORED

How many Atari Joysticks do u have ?

israelg

Oh goodness....before selling off four complete systems, I'm left with four originals, one deluxe (ordered from the Radio Shack catalogue in 1998...it looks like like a 7800 proline, but has no brand name listed), and three generics...then I have a few prolines for the 7800, but that's a different topic, eh?

Only CX-40s...

Do u still buy more if u find a nice good looking joystick on a flea market ?

Or you will buy more ONLY after all your current sticks will be broken ?

I.G

I only buy them if they come with something that I was looking for (examples: in a game lot or with a system). Once I had found two, good springy-original CX-40s, I stopped looking....but, obviously, I had acquired quite a few more...

What do you mean "good springy" ???

Are u going to buy the new curt's USB joysticks ???

I Think I will... since I play more on eumlated atari (Using a joystick adapter) than on a my real atari...

The original CX-40s (many of which had orange paint on the raised dots surrounding the rubber boot) had a much different feel than the later CX-40s. It's a subtle difference, but it's there.

I don't plan on getting the USB version, but only because I don't use an emulator, except to test my own roms. My television is larger than my computer, and the graphics and colors are less jarring on on the TV...that's just my preference, though...

3 I think.

2 of those rediculous 2-button 7800 gamepads. 1 of the later grey version of the classic/original.

1 Wico - easily my favourite. A Tac. 2 of those other popular ones with 2 normal fire buttons + repeat/slow functions.

1 of those utterly rediculous triangular Commodore joysticks - possibly the worst ever Atari-type controller made.

ed - forgot: 1 Commodore Plus/4 joystick of questionable design. Electrically, but not pin compatible without an adaptor.

Edited by Rybags

I Have 8 (6 normal & 2 cordless)...

I.G

I have may be 30 or 40 joysticks that can work on Atari.

A good dozen are from ATARI (various kind , including Cx 40 , Cx 24, Cx 78 , Cx 30 , Cx 21 , Light Gun and Gray CX 40).

My all time favorite is the Cx 24 , I bought one in 80's to play Decathlon on my colecovision. I Still have it! and I still use it! . I used it on my C64, then my Atari St , then my Amiga . and on all machine with the same joytick port in my collection like MSX. And recently i bought a Stella adaptor for my PC , and i use it on PC too!. It has never broken! I have never opened it.

I have way, way too many CX-40s to count. They're stuffed into a 3' cubical box in the basement. I also have boxed ones that I keep upstairs -- one of the two-stick boxes, and one of the one-stick boxes. I also have boxed sets of paddles, keyboards, and of course driving controllers, as well as several loose versions of all of those.

But my main joystick is the Wico Bat Handle stick. I've been using that thing for more than twenty years now, and it still works great. (I also have a second one of those, and one of the ball handled ones.)

Edited by Ransom

Just CX-40s? About 30, in varying condition (mostly pretty good). I've got a pair of CX-10s too, if those count.

Offhand, I know I've got at least 4 Slik Stiks, 1 Tac-2, 1 Tac-3, 1 Tac-30, 2 Wico bats, 2 Wico Boss, 1 Zircon Video Command (a favorite of mine), 3 or 4 Gemsticks, 1-2 Ace joysticks, 4 Archer/Spectravideo joysticks, 2 "baseless" joysticks, 1 Triga Command (rare, I think?), some Amiga Powersticks, 2 or 3 Pointmaster Discwashers, an Epyx 500, a pair of RGA Remote Joysticks, and others whose names/identities escape me.

I don't even know how many I have. Boxes of "standard" 2600 joysticks of various vintage, manufacturer and condition.

I have a variety of types. I like the Wico bats, hate the Epyx 500. I like the solid feel of the Tac-2, hate the mushy Wico Boss.

3 pairs of RGA Remote Joysticks: 1 complete in box, 1 loose working set, 1 loose set with good remotes bad transceiver. Never use any of them.

I probably use the FB2 sticks more than anything else.

gallery_17553_267_80049.jpg

I'm pretty sure I have at least one more yellow-buttoned Gemstick.

The Odyssey 2 controllers have been re-wired to be 2600 compatible. The NES pad is 7800 compatible. I also have 3 Genesis pads that I use on my Atari's.

The Gemstick, a CX-40, the Wico Boss, and a set of paddles are my original controllers from the 80's.

I have a boxed Paddle set and 2 loose TAC2s. In my opinion, those are the ONLY joysticks you'll ever need. Anyone else ever use those babies?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TAC-2

It look like a very nice joystick, Arcade style...

They're awesome. Out of all the systems I've owned and played throughout my life and the various controllers and joysticks I've used the TAC2 stands as THE BEST joystick I've ever used, hands down. They're fairly compact, well-built, solid, very responsive, smooth and I have yet to have any problems with mine. The actual stick is so stable in the hands and the buttons enable you to play righty or left, not to mention they never seem to go bad. I believe if they do it just requires a small cleaning on the contacts and you're good to go, but this has never even happened to me. Problem is they're kind of rare, even loose, at least in my experience. You'll never use another joystick if you get one.

gallery_17553_267_80049.jpg

I'm pretty sure I have at least one more yellow-buttoned Gemstick.

The Odyssey 2 controllers have been re-wired to be 2600 compatible. The NES pad is 7800 compatible. I also have 3 Genesis pads that I use on my Atari's.

The Gemstick, a CX-40, the Wico Boss, and a set of paddles are my original controllers from the 80's.

Wow !!!

I just sorted out all mine this weekend. I didn't count, but there's 3 milk crates full of them, but that counts a few sets of paddles, 1 set of driving, 2 touch pads, 2 keyboard controllers. Joysticks, I'd guess at least 2 dozen, maybe more.

literally hundreds of different kinds, types and brands.

Im ultimately trying to collect every style ever made but the more I collect them, the more I realize that we may never know of everyone that was ever made IMO.

Still is fun finding them and I like being able to use different ones that work better with different games.