IGNORED

EotB potential buyer list.

EricDeLee

I sure hope this list is still in Eric's mind. We who believed in him from the start should not be forgotten. ^^

didnt you believe chris when he put out info saying this could never happen? lol

to answer everyone... the list will be considered. especially the limited version. the cart only release may not need a list anymore. not from what i am seeing.

a lot of minor things need to be squared away that requires me to basically need extra hours to sit down and get them completed. none of these minor thing would halt or stall a cart release. it is a quality control thing on my end as i want to meet a certain standard rather than half-ass things and half a product out there that people would be less than happy about. we are talking about things like manuals...extra items included with special editions...stuff like that. as you can see by the teaser photo... i'm trying my best to push the envelope and learn more about what I am doing. even though I think the picture i showed is really nice and the quality is exceptional i am not 100% satisfied.

The good thing about that: it means a better product in the long run for the customer\lynx fans.

So... As much as I'd loooove to get more information out there... I would rather wait until I am closer to the date I have in mind.

Everyone: Think Spring! That's the best I got right now.

However... Don't be shocked if a beta version shows up on ebay (the one you see in the Teaser Photo) in a month or so. That would be a nice collector piece for someone (including the poster and box)

For now just stick with this info:

Think early Springtime (starting saving)

The above list will be kept in mind for the special editions... However with Supply and Demand... Only 50 or so will be produced at a time. There shouldn't be too much of a wait in between batches.

The above prices...as I mentioned before...more than likely will NOT be that high. :)

And finally...yes

• Like 2

so... some that i typed was erased. so i'm not re-typing all of it lol.

please keep in mind one other thing: there were a lot of other people invloved with this. they deserve a lot of credit as well. i'll chat with them to see if i can include there names in the manual... there are a lot of people that sacrificed a lot of time to get this to happen.

Eric, take your time. Just knowing this is gonna be happening soon rocks.

Maybe you can even produce more boxed versions, the more you produce, the lower the cost. And now that you said that the cost is probably lower than you estimated more people will be interested. For example I chose the cart-only-version because 100 $ was pretty much the maximum I could afford.

I´ll just wait and see. :)

And if your helpers do not wish to be made known please let them know that I, and I believe the other Lynx-fans as well, are really grateful! :)

I was playing this during X-mas for a while. My party seems to be dying one by one. Can you get them alive again somehow? Or do I have to start all over from the beginning?

It takes a while to get used to the control system. And I don't really get the idea of which character to use for defence. Does it matter if the goblin is in the left or right side of the screen when I choose the defender?

This question is to the guys who already are playing the prototypes of course.

--

Karri

I was playing this during X-mas for a while. My party seems to be dying one by one. Can you get them alive again somehow? Or do I have to start all over from the beginning?

It takes a while to get used to the control system. And I don't really get the idea of which character to use for defence. Does it matter if the goblin is in the left or right side of the screen when I choose the defender?

This question is to the guys who already are playing the prototypes of course.

--

Karri

As with most games like this, you need to have someone on your party that can do healing spells.

There are a few things you may want to look at while playing:

1. Are you feeding your characters? They will lose health if you are not feeding them and they are starving. Place a ration on their plate! Also, when you start a game, be sure you have a guy that can produce food (spells).

2. Rest your party. If you are hurt, resting can help. If you are poisoned... that's a different story. Go through the menu screens and rest your party and they will learn spells, rest, heal and gain experience.

3. Revive: I believe there is a revive spell. But that may be later in the game.

As for defending... I never do much of that. I simply start hacking away at the bad guys. move the pointer from one fighter to another during your fight (as there is a wait period between swings). I keep my strong fighter types at the top of the action screen and my spell casters and stuff at the bottom. Most of my fighting is accomplished by the two at top. The other two (and later... more) are place holders that hold inventory for me. Most of them are holding potions as I didn't know how to use them until recently. LOL

Hope that helps....

You have a proto!?! :o

Damn, you´re lucky...

About the tips you seek, maybe you should check some general EotB-walkthroughs etc on the net. It´s just a port after all, and the game is a cult classic on PC, Amiga and Mega-CD, so there should be plenty of info on the basic stuff.

If you find a walkthrough for SNES version... you will be good to go.

I believe everything in the SNES version is also in the the Lynx version.

(which is amazing if you ask me)

You have a proto!?! :o

Damn, you´re lucky...

About the tips you seek, maybe you should check some general EotB-walkthroughs etc on the net. It´s just a port after all, and the game is a cult classic on PC, Amiga and Mega-CD, so there should be plenty of info on the basic stuff.

If you find a walkthrough for SNES version... you will be good to go.

I believe everything in the SNES version is also in the the Lynx version.

(which is amazing if you ask me)

As far as I played it, there is no difference to the PC version from Level design. Even so I was not able to open some of the hidden passageways. But maybe I was to stupid.

Because you do not have a real mouse pointer, fights are harder than on PC. Especially when it come to the higher levels, where a strike and run strategy might not work so nicely on the Lynx.

For party strategy:

You need at least a healer and someone who can "create food".

and at least one fighter (short range).

=> Strategy and walk thru from PC version will help you a lot, esp the maps :)

the cart that Karri is testing is indeed one that has a save feature. it is the same as the one in the teaser photo...minus the label. the oppisite side contains 2 chips. an eprom and the save chip. fairly standard pcb release that you've seen with other carts (except this one saves)

the cart that Karri is testing is indeed one that has a save feature. it is the same as the one in the teaser photo...minus the label. the oppisite side contains 2 chips. an eprom and the save chip. fairly standard pcb release that you've seen with other carts (except this one saves)

Confirmed. The save works perfectly. But I am a bit curious about how this is done as there is no battery. Is this some kind of NVRAM chip?

By the way... I am using Lynx I for playing. The cart fits in and the door can be closed.

--

Karri

Confirmed. The save works perfectly. But I am a bit curious about how this is done as there is no battery. Is this some kind of NVRAM chip?

By the way... I am using Lynx I for playing. The cart fits in and the door can be closed.

--

Karri

Its a parallel EEprom and a really cool coder(not me) hacks the save segment in the code and changed it to hack that can handle the eeprom.

No battery is needed in this way.

Regards

Matashen

--

Karri

Its a parallel EEprom and a really cool coder(not me) hacks the save segment in the code and changed it to hack that can handle the eeprom.

No battery is needed in this way.

Regards

Matashen

It is cause there are many manufacturers of this EEprom and all of them doing it a little bit different.