IGNORED

EotB potential buyer list.

EricDeLee

Yeah, some of his prices are crazy. $70 US for a Yastuna 2 that you can buy from Nick Harlow for less than half that price?

Never heard about this edition, interesting to see new editions are still going on.

Does anyone have a picture of this PCB, just for my information.

But of course, a bit disappointed by the high price... well, as you said, one can get it far cheaper elsewhere.

EOTB cart: Yeah... it is just that small demo of a few screen shots. NOT WORTH THE MONEY

I have an idea of who this is (selling the lynx games for high prices)... but I'm keeping my trap shut.

But this isn´t the version this thread is all about? Hopefully...

No,this thread is about a 512K demo,I guess.Or is it about the 128K one?Hmmmm,is it??

EOTB cart: Yeah... it is just that small demo of a few screen shots. NOT WORTH THE MONEY

I have an idea of who this is (selling the lynx games for high prices)... but I'm keeping my trap shut.

No,this thread is about a 512K demo,I guess.Or is it about the 128K one?Hmmmm,is it??

I can personally confirm that this is the full game, and with the save feature.

Thus far... all systems are a go for this thread. I may have more exciting news later this week.

As far as I can tell... this will be a project that will happen!

Thus far... all systems are a go for this thread. I may have more exciting news later this week.

Sounds all good!

Does this mean that you have one special person in mind that would be willing to sell his copy for this project, or do you mean you have even played it?

If you have played it, what can you tell me about how well the port went? I mean that slide show we all know from the ROM was so beautyful, does the real deal come close? And how does it play? :D

Sir, you are my hero! But know this, the angry masses will impale you if this project fails after all! :D

Does this mean that you have one special person in mind that would be willing to sell his copy for this project, or do you mean you have even played it?

If you have played it, what can you tell me about how well the port went? I mean that slide show we all know from the ROM was so beautyful, does the real deal come close? And how does it play? :D

Sir, you are my hero! But know this, the angry masses will impale you if this project fails after all! :D

I haven't played yet. But will in the next few days.

In one way, shape or form, this project will continue. It may have to change a bit, but I'll let everyone know later one.

I'll give you a 'play by play' in the next few days...

Sounds really good,Eric!Where are you getting your boards,EPROMs,RAMs,and ROM Image code at though?Some of this stuff is VERY SCARCE in supply now,how did/are you going to pull it all off??Just the start up costs and the logistics,manufacture,testing and etc. can and possibly will eat you alive here.I hope,you have some friends in high places for all this to truly pan out in every way.If you get 200/250 of these made,sold,and out the door,I'll clap for and bow to your expertise on this project.

Chris...

I really don't want to get into all of it with you. Sorry, but that's just the way it is going to be. "You hope I have friends in high places" <-- that is somewhat laughable. Boards, EPROMs, RAM, etc... let me and my friends worry about that.

Regardless of what you think Chris, the Lynx world does not exactly revolve around you. I value your comments on the message boards and your wealth of knowledge. Yet, I don't think you really care about giving back to the community... nor... in some cases do I think you are all that reasonable. We could not reach an agreement, so please don't come back to the boards and use that type of 'tone' in your messages.

I admittingly know that I do not have a lot of the technical knowledge to get a release for this game. You will not see me coding, or doing silly stuff that requires a compiler. But you will see me work with others to do the best to get this released to the community and to make it fair. The cheapest I can get this game out there... the better. But again... please don't come on the message boards and do the "I'm-more-knowledgeable-than-you-are...you-are-nothing-but-a-small-fry" type of tone that you were pulling over at the other message board.

I asked you to be apart of this, yet you constantly threw up roadblocks and walls. I moved on, and in all reality, I suggest that you may want to as well. This does not make you my arch enemy... not at all.

I just know where you stand on issues a bit more clearer than I did say 3 months ago. I still hope to hear your comments in the future though. I really do enjoy hearing the 'history' aspect of the Lynx. I just don't like the "I am Hollier than thou" stuff that usually is tangled within your speeches.

Sorry to be blunt... but that is just the way I am.

Where are you getting your boards,EPROMs,RAMs,and ROM Image code at though?Some of this stuff is VERY SCARCE in supply now,how did/are you going to pull it all off??

The only thing which is hard to get is the Rom Image.

Boards, Eproms, Rams are no problem and the this components are not very expensive.

Just the start up costs and the logistics,manufacture,testing and etc. can and possibly will eat you alive here.I hope,you have some friends in high places for all this to truly pan out in every way.If you get 200/250 of these made,sold,and out the door,I'll clap for and bow to your expertise on this project.

Logistics, manufacture and testing is no problem for only 100 or 200pcs.

And the start up cost can be calculated before starting. There is no secret, wonder or any mystery. It is only the math to do.

How many games you have already manufactured?

I wonder about the details you "know".

I know the details, because i have done a Yastuna 1 and 2 release and i don´t used a boring green board with one chip.

I have done the Yastuna release with the red boards with some help for packing and manual. Is this possible to do for you?

If no, stop to tell other people how to do.

Lynxman

Don´t let it get to you, Eric...I am no technican, but with a bit of help from peope with the knowledge it should be possible to do. If it is possible to produce carts for systems like the Genesis in small numbers for an acceptable price, it should be possible for Lynx cards as well.

Yep... I agree. I take what Chris says with a grain of salt. Again... I value the knowledge he shares with us. I just don't like the WAY he tends to come across on his posts and PMs.
I'm sorry you feel that way,Eric.I may come off badly sometimes,possibly even arrogant,I guess.Sorry.I'm only sharing the knowledge I have learned on the Lynx over the last 20 yrs.Or also,the knowledge I have gained by knowing Lance and Harry.

Yep... I agree. I take what Chris says with a grain of salt. Again... I value the knowledge he shares with us. I just don't like the WAY he tends to come across on his posts and PMs.
You know,it is also possible to mistake confidence and knowledge for arrogance without really knowing a man at all,Eric.Mores the pity there.I've shared my knowledge from knowing Lance and Harry since 1997/8 with you.Sorry I'm arrogant,Eric.

Boards, Eproms, Rams are no problem and the this components are not very expensive.

Actually the RAM still puzzles me. It is obvious that you can use the AUDIO I/O bit for selecting ROM or RAM and cart0 strobe for reading and cart1 strobe for writing. This is how I would have designed it in 1993. Did they do it that way? Only a logic analyzer or disassembly of the cart will tell it for sure. (Or we could spoil the fun of solving this mystery by asking Harry Dodgson who obviously was keeping in touch with Atari developers all the time in 1993.)

STOP THE PRESS!!! I solved it! There is an old Central Atari Information Network archive newsletter from 17-May-94 that says:

Also -- the cart design problems are or are CLOSE to being fixed, as far as

"Eye of the Beholder" is concerned. The cart design is different in this case

because EOTB is the first Lynx cartridge to feature battery backup. When

those bugs are worked out, it will be added to the list of Lynx games

currently waiting the go-ahead for production.

Why did they have a problem? It is obvious now. The Lynx I and Lynx II start up with the AUDIO I/O in different polarities! They did not know it in 1993 and obviously the code worked only in one Lynx model. Which one? My conclusion is that they could never release this because they just never found a solution! It must have been annoying to have the game ready and not be able to release it because the FlashRAM would work only on a Lynx I or a Lynx II.

I would like to replace it with a SOIC8 64k i2c NVRAM. This takes care of saves without the need of a battery. But of course this also needs to hack the code on the cart a little. And we need to design a new PCB as the pinout is not the same as we had on the old 1024 bit NVRAM.

--

Karri

You know,it is also possible to mistake confidence and knowledge for arrogance without really knowing a man at all,Eric.Mores the pity there.I've shared my knowledge from knowing Lance and Harry since 1997/8 with you.Sorry I'm arrogant,Eric.

Chris... I really don't want to hash words out with you. Arrogant was a word you decided upon, yet it was fitting.

That doesn't mean I hate you... nor does that mean I don't value some of the things you say. You are a crapload more knowledgeable about the Lynx than I am. I think it is great to have knowledge around.

so...please... stick around! I hash words with my wife every so often, or a friend, but that doesn't mean I dislike everything about them. :)

Why did they have a problem? It is obvious now. The Lynx I and Lynx II start up with the AUDIO I/O in different polarities! They did not know it in 1993 and obviously the code worked only in one Lynx model. Which one? My conclusion is that they could never release this because they just never found a solution! It must have been annoying to have the game ready and not be able to release it because the FlashRAM would work only on a Lynx I or a Lynx II.

I would do it similar to Alpine Games. Connect Audio I/O to A17 and add a second start up sequence to the ROM at $020000. So the game can start in both Lynx I and II.

As result you can use A17 to select ROM/RAM and you can use Audio I/O for select read or write from SRAM.

I would like to replace it with a SOIC8 64k i2c NVRAM. This takes care of saves without the need of a battery. But of course this also needs to hack the code on the cart a little. And we need to design a new PCB as the pinout is not the same as we had on the old 1024 bit NVRAM.

Yes, this solution is OK, but it was planned as batterie game, so we should reproduce as batterie game. ;)

Lynxman

I would do it similar to Alpine Games. Connect Audio I/O to A17 and add a second start up sequence to the ROM at $020000. So the game can start in both Lynx I and II.

As result you can use A17 to select ROM/RAM and you can use Audio I/O for select read or write from SRAM.

Yes, this solution is OK, but it was planned as batterie game, so we should reproduce as batterie game. ;)

Lynxman

Eric postet some pics....

They are made from a Lynx-2

so is it sure it runs on a lynx-2 ??