IGNORED

Curious about what this is

coleconut

Bought a box of Atari stuff today - garage sale style.

90% was 2600-related but the guy said he used to own an 800 computer, indeed there were a number of 8-bit carts, an 800 power supply, and this thing.

Look familiar to anyone?

post-18191-1234072616_thumb.jpg - post-18191-1234072642_thumb.jpg

The box has a dark green plastic front, a 25-pin female connector at the rear, the cable has the 25-pin male and at the other end of the cable has 2 x 9 pin female connectors.

Label on the back reads Camerica

Opened it up and I am no better off, just a PC board with few chips, resistors, etc.

Dont know if it is even for the Atari or not.

Thanks in advance...

A quick google search turned up this but nothing about Atari products. They were hot on making NES stuff, though. Having two colors of cables MAY mean that the owner just used a Camerica case as a case for something else.

Is the green plastic see-through or slightly so? It may be something infra red.

Seems to be the same guys, it's the same logo. Beyond this I do not know. Neat little box, though.

Nathan

Edited by nathanallan

Yup, that's a Camerica wireless receiver. I just got a couple of these in a lot from eBay and I can't figure out why there is a Y-connector. I still haven't gotten my hands on some batteries to test them out but hope to do so soon. The sticks seem kinda cheapy. I have both the 2600 9-pin connector AND the NES adapter--these sticks can apparently be used with both. Would be curious to know people's opinions on this. I have never really had good luck with wireless sticks due to RF interference.

The funny thing is that this lot also came with two 6-foot NES extension cables, so I am guessing that the wireless didn't work so well for the previous owner either!