IGNORED

Rock Band 2

Tempest

Great, Maiden. Every song will completely suck ASS because they'll top tier difficulty and NO fun to play at all. I get to see one of my favorite bands ever butchered in the game, just like GH Metallica.

And GH is giving us a ton of free songs lately. The Touch? AWESOME!!! RB has given us virtually no free stuff in months now.

I played RB2 a little over last weekend, and I'm still not impressed in the least. While I did finish some of the later songs on Expert (the Testament song, Peace Sells, etc.), some of them are just so ungodly difficult and no fun to play, I just gave up.

To me, it feels too much like karaoke to just sing. I'm a guitar player in these games. I'm ok on the drums, but never have been able to progress past medium/hard, as my hands and feet don't like doing things independently of each other.

To me, it feels too much like karaoke to just sing.

And what's wrong with karaoke? :)

I will say one thing. The guitar and drums aren't the only difficult parts in these latest songs.

I know all the words to The Trooper by heart (and even think I have sung it already in one of these music games) but this latest version I only got 4 star (On the HARD setting). Couldn't hit the refrains right no matter what I tried.

LOL

GH: Metallica had some damn good side bands. I actually discovered a few bands just playing the game like The Sword.

Speaking of Ministry, they should think about so more bands like that, maybe KMFDM or even Skinny Puppy.

But I think those bands may scare everyone away.

Ahhh...just played Aces High a few minutes ago.....

Rolling, turning, diving, going in again

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die....

:music:

Edited by cimerians

I picked up the Ministry songs and loved em but I was hoping for some songs from 'Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste', 'Psalm 69', and 'Filth Pig'.

I was just happy to have some of the more current stuff.

If they were to release a classic Ministry pack, I may die instantly due to excessive euphoria.

LOL

GH: Metallica had some damn good side bands. I actually discovered a few bands just playing the game like The Sword.

Speaking of Ministry, they should think about so more bands like that, maybe KMFDM or even Skinny Puppy.

But I think those bands may scare everyone away.

Ahhh...just played Aces High a few minutes ago.....

Rolling, turning, diving, going in again

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die....

:music:

I've been hoping for some of the more classic guitar heavy KMFDM songs for some time. If they ever did get a pack, I'm afraid it would all be the more current stuff, which I'm not a huge fan of.

Skinny Puppy would agree with me, as well.

I loved GH metallica the + difficulty was an ass kicker but fun (I'm a masochist) and at least a few of the iron maiden songs are alright to play (even on hard or expert) I didn't buy the album for fear of it being to hard but may buy more than the three songs I did buy at first (the easiest ones)

I love the sword and was so psyched they were included on gh metallica

Edited by otaku

Yeah, Psalms 69 era Ministry would have been better. They REALLY mellowed later on. I loved the buzzsaw edge of stuff like Just One Fix.

KMFDM would be a tough one, actually. Maybe something like Megalomaniacal or Juke Joint Jezebel. Wouldn't mind some freakin' Rammstein sometime. Buck Dich comes to mind, and possibly Amerika.

GH needs some harder metal, actually. Getting sick of stuff like "Hey, this is Spongebob songs week!". Urg.