IGNORED

What PS3 games are you currently playing?

HammR25

Beep beep beep *shutdown*
So it seems my fat 60 is dead.
Crap

Is the ultraslim 12gb better ? i plan to reuse my 500gb hard drive with it...

Edit : Bought one this morning. The Ultraslim is f...ing ugly. And that Blue ray disc drive cover.... arf.

Anyway, once my fat is repaired, this one will be sold back on eBay.

I bought it from a guy who is quite well known in the French PS3 hardware community. In fact his PS3s are completely refurbished (and not using the fair-dryer trick ;) ) and re-soldered using professional tools.

He guarantees them 6 month, mine had an issue at 3 month...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Right now it's a mix between:

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f (Perfect on all but 2 Normal level songs, 1 note away from both at best. :P)

Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV

Monster World IV

Aquapazza: Aquaplus Dream Match

also a bit of Castlevania: Harmony of Despair

I've been playing Final Fantasy XIII-2 mostly the last couple weeks. I have not touched Final Fantasy XIII at all yet, but I am liking the time travel and story of the sequel. Finally one that lets you go back and redo parts of the game without having to start all over or keep separate save files from each area! I figured I'd care more about where the FFXIII characters came from if I saw bits and pieces of them in the sequel since I heard more complaints about the first of the two when it came out than the second. The main complaint I heard about the second one was having to pay to download the ultimate ending, but with time travel, paradoxes and such I believe the 8 possible endings already included in the retail disc are good enough to count as a full game. I'm trying to complete as many of the sidequests as I can and will just stop once I've gotten everything in-game. I don't pay for expansion packs that don't come on physical disc. I only buy digital games that don't have a physical counterpart.

I've been playing Final Fantasy XIII-2 mostly the last couple weeks. I have not touched Final Fantasy XIII at all yet, but I am liking the time travel and story of the sequel. Finally one that lets you go back and redo parts of the game without having to start all over or keep separate save files from each area! I figured I'd care more about where the FFXIII characters came from if I saw bits and pieces of them in the sequel since I heard more complaints about the first of the two when it came out than the second. The main complaint I heard about the second one was having to pay to download the ultimate ending, but with time travel, paradoxes and such I believe the 8 possible endings already included in the retail disc are good enough to count as a full game. I'm trying to complete as many of the sidequests as I can and will just stop once I've gotten everything in-game. I don't pay for expansion packs that don't come on physical disc. I only buy digital games that don't have a physical counterpart.

I got the collectors edition awhile back. I played about 20 minutes, and I couldn't stand it. Haven't gone back and probably won't. This series has fall hard on it's a$$.

I got the collectors edition awhile back. I played about 20 minutes, and I couldn't stand it. Haven't gone back and probably won't. This series has fall hard on it's a$$.

Yeah 20 minutes into it isn't really even to the main part of the game, what are you on the first or 2nd level after the intro?

But just like Suikoden Tierkreis for 3DS, you can't play any modern Final Fantasy and look at it as a part of the main series. The only thing Final Fantasy about this game is the Moogle, Chocobos certain monsters and item names. Other than that, I think this game has more platforming elements in it than most turn based RPGs with all that jumping around you have to do. I don't really have any expectations for games to be alike. Has any series really gone uphill since this generation of consoles came and went? Everything looks to me like downhill or rehashes. All the better reason to play these long series backwards instead of forwards. I've been in my classics cave so long that I can do that. The only current gen games I've ever beaten were New Super Mario Bros. Wii a couple shorter digital download titles and a few Nintendo DS, PSP, and 3DS games that I just had to have when they came out.

Also I never buy any game for full price so I never feel let down that I spent too much money because I waited for it to go on sale or got it used anyway. It's the only way to feel like you're getting what you paid for with modern games. Used PS3 games are the best used games you can possibly buy because the discs don't even scratch, so just about every used PS3 game is guaranteed to work flawlessly. You can't say that about any other disc based system (unless PS4 and Xbox One are on Blu Ray discs as well. haven't looked it up)

With Gran Turismo 6 coming up fast, I gave GT5 a good send off by winning a 20-lap "expert" arcade mode race in one of my favorite cars, the GT300 MR-S.

I was paired up against 15 cars that hugely outclassed the little Toyota. There were a lot of high-end touring cars from the GT500 and DTM series', with a couple extreme tuner cars thrown in for good measure. I figured this was about as hard as the game was going to get and it did turn out to be a pretty good race.

The first half of the Eiger Nordwand track is full of curvy downhill bits, which my tiny car excelled at, but the second half contains a lot of straighter uphill sections which made it tough to catch the faster cars which walked right away from me. My new GTEye brake mod delivered on its promise of keeping me off the ABS and I probably could not have made enough speed in the curves to win this race without it.

Though I was up against excellent cars, it quickly became obvious that the AI had some unusual quirks that meant I was just going to win. In true GT style, as soon as my car poked its nose ahead of another car while passing, that AI totally gave up and started dropping back at the rate of a couple seconds a lap--somewhat disappointing there. If a few of those cars I passed in the curves would have held on to pass me again in the uphill sections I might have had a lot more fun.

Because of this, I was able to fairly calmly reel in the leader at 1/3sec per lap once I broke from the pack. I spun once at lap 11 (doing something pretty stupid), which made me wonder if I would be able to catch first place, but the leaders got tangled up with some lapped cars in the twists and I captured the lead early in lap 16.

hlnw.jpg dms0.jpg ibq8.jpg e7r1.jpg a4b3.jpg alr3.jpg adxc.jpg

Over 35,000 miles driven in GT5--It may not have been my favorite game, but in the end, I suppose I got my $60 of fun out of it. It sure is a lot cheaper than a track day or a set of tires.

Edited by Reaperman

I prefer DA1 over DA2 but they improved the menu system and other things. Did you pick up the complete Mass Effect trilogy on PS3?

I thought about it, but since I already own all three games standalone for the 360 it has low priority. I think it's also out of print in Europe, as right now the prices are insanely high for it. I currently think about getting me some of the DLC and replaying it for more achievements :)

Coming back to DA, I kinda lost interest in the first ~10 hours into it and quit. I already spent more time with DA2 now, still going with it. It's got flaws of it's own, like the Diablo-esque X-Button mashing and the epiclessnes of the story, but it still has me going. Assuming a rating of 60% for DA, I'd probably give DA2 65% - I'm a Mass Effect spoiled brat :lol:

I finally got all 160 fragments in Final Fantasy XIII-2 and the secret ending, so now the 4 newest games I have on my to do list for that system are:

Bejeweled 3 - (I wouldn't think it or the other two games on the disc would technically have ends, but I can try to get as many trophies on the list as possible. I'll probably just poke around at this game every once in a while because it's one of those "just for fun" kinds of titles.)

Sonic Generations - Already beat this game with all the emeralds, but I have to go back and get all the red star rings. I don't really want to that badly or care much though because the unlockables aren't necessary abilities and I've hated this type of mission in Sonic games ever since they started in Sonic Advance 2. Personally I seriously like Sonic 4 Episodes I & II better than Sonic Generations. They just feel more like classic revivals to me than this does.

Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi - Just started this the other night. There's a lot of repetitive button mashing action going on here and it puts a lot of stress on the hands. I don't know about you guys but I believe the PS2 Dragon Ball Z games were the best ones. The PS3 and 360 ones are missing a lot of characters the last two Budokai Tenkaichi games had already brought in and even though these newer ones are HD they really feel like a step back in terms of gameplay. Still I desire to slog through them just to get the fast paced DBZ fighting experience in HD. It is still interesting to see all the different wordings and takes on the classic storyline.

Disgaea 4 - The newest game I have that I haven't started at all. So this will probably be my next focus as far as modern RPGs go. I have some catching up to do on old games and the Dragon Ball Z game above, as well as an in-progress save file of my first playthrough of Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom so this one will probably wait.

- I'm a Mass Effect spoiled brat :lol:

I picked up the trilogy last year and was planning on playing it all through marathon style sometime soon (too many games!).

Disgaea 4 - The newest game I have that I haven't started at all. So this will probably be my next focus as far as modern RPGs go. I have some catching up to do on old games and the Dragon Ball Z game above, as well as an in-progress save file of my first playthrough of Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom so this one will probably wait.

Great series but a huge time commitment! lol

Have you played the others? The only one I played (for around 50 hours before getting sidetracked) was the original on PS2. Throwing Prinnies around never gets old though...

I picked up the trilogy last year and was planning on playing it all through marathon style sometime soon (too many games!).

Great series but a huge time commitment! lol

Have you played the others? The only one I played (for around 50 hours before getting sidetracked) was the original on PS2. Throwing Prinnies around never gets old though...

That was my problem with the original one too… I got sidetracked about 60 hrs in because I started something else. Since then, I can really only concentrate on one "rpg genre game" at a time.. otherwise, I never finish. It can take me many months to get through one.

• 3 weeks later...

Still playing Hatsune Miku Project Diva F a bit each day. I've got perfects on all Basic and Normal songs. E's in most Hard songs. There's a few more techniques I gotta figure out for hitting some note combos before I can seroiusly attempt to start perfecting this difficulty (Although I've gotten 1-4 notes away several times on Cat Food, Secret Police, and Tell Your World.) I've got a few S's in Extreme mode, but it's a fight just to finish a song at that stage still, let alone managing a Lousy.

Otherwise playing Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires and will probably start playing Duck Tales Remastered before too long - bought it on psn since it's discounted this week.