IGNORED

Would anyone be interested in an Atari 2600 Joystick lamp?

yuppicide

I saw one someone on another website made and had to have one. A friend is building me one. He took measurements to build more. Here's what we have so far:

post-6095-1234754089_thumb.jpg

post-6095-1234754094_thumb.jpg

The button is a switch that turns the lamp on and off. The dashes still have to be put around the circle. It will then be painted. The lampshades will be adorned with Atari 2600 box art or logo or whatever. When a lampshade is on top the joystick will look in the right scale.

Interested in one? Hell, I'd be interested in TWO!

If you and your buddy do decide to offer these for sale I'd consider offering these without the lampshade to minimize cost, ease shipping, and speed up turnaround time. I know I'd happily order them without the lampshade so I could create my own that best matches my game room.

Keep up the great work Yuppicide!

Without a lamp shade.. for everything assembled and working, primer and painted, we're looking at around $100 each. That is for cost of materials and time to build it.

I'm giving him money for primer and paint today or tomorrow. We will have a color picture this week or early next week.

That price does not include shipping. I can probably get free packing materials from work.

Edited by yuppicide

By the way I'm not making any money off this. Any profit is for the person making it and his time.

I will find out what size lamp shade is needed.

I will have pictures of the lamp once painted, then I'll have pics of it once I get a lamp shade on it in my apartment.

Once it actually comes into my apartment I can take better/bigger pics.

Edited by yuppicide

Without a lamp shade.. for everything assembled and working, primer and painted, we're looking at around $100 each. That is for cost of materials and time to build it.

I'm giving him money for primer and paint today or tomorrow. We will have a color picture this week or early next week.

That price does not include shipping. I can probably get free packing materials from work.

I am saving my money for one. Back to eating spam sandwiches for a while. ;)

Edited by NML32

In case you're taking a tally of the number to make... I think I'll have to skip it for now, due to the price. I DO think $100 is fair, if they turn out really nice. It's not that... just I don't think I can pass that off as a valid expenditure right now. If you still have them available in awhile, which you probably won't, I'll think about it again.

Thanks though, looks awesome!

Nope.. I'm not taking a tally of how many people want one. They will be built to order if anyone wants them.

I am unsure what to do for lampshade right now. I'm happy to print stuff out and apply it to the lampshade, but I'm always nervous about fires. That's why I was looking for a place online to print me the shades.

Looks very, very cool. If there was a way to somehow make it workable without a lampshade, that would be even better, but that's probably not practical.

You could make it look like a Wico Command joystick (the handle would need to be shaved into a bat shape though - lot more work) and the white button on the top could be the bulb - no lamp shade needed.

Looks very, very cool. If there was a way to somehow make it workable without a lampshade, that would be even better, but that's probably not practical.

You could make it look like a Wico Command joystick (the handle would need to be shaved into a bat shape though - lot more work) and the white button on the top could be the bulb - no lamp shade needed.

You still need some type of covering, whether it's a lampshade or a frosted plastic enclosure to lessen the harshness of the bulb.

I found EveryLampShade.Com which offers dozens of styles that would look cool on top of the joystick lamp for those of use who aren't skilled enough to make one themselves. I realize they are not cheap but I'm sure similar offerings can be found with minimal effort.

A plain black lamp with one big "Atari" silver logo on the front will likely be my choice.

post-11172-1234822569_thumb.jpg

Edited by tremoloman2006