IGNORED

Galactic Chase conversion

_Fandal_

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed in older emulators that the 5200 Galaxian has the exact same reported control funkiness as the (2nd) Galactic Chase bin. In Win800Plus_3.1 Glaxian drifts to one side uncontrollably until you die, then it acts properly after that. In Kat5200_4.1 both Galaxian & Galactic Chase wobble back and forth across the screen with little control.

• 1 month later...
OK. Another try. Please test it on real HW. Hopefully it will work much better than previous version.

F.

Excellent Conversion, Fandal...of an amazing game :) !

I've just tried it on the 5200 console and it works flawlessly. The aforementioned directional "tug" on the spaceship is near negligible and can be fine tuned with the X/Y trimmers on the Wico stick. I blasted my way to level 7 before I was ambushed and wiped out :P .

Points are very hard earned in this game, which enhances the challenge.

You have just expanded the 5200 library, and the real HW is the proof :!: I encourage you to do more of these conversions to 5200, as time permits. You have an enviable talent.

Three Cheers for Fandal :thumbsup:

:D

• 3 months later...
I tried to put the rom on my multicart. It shows up as a .car file and I get stuck in that it won't load as such a file type. Any help appreciated!

I renamed the rom to a .bin file and it did the trick for me. I've had to do it with other Roms and it usually works ;)

I guess I'm just inept at this one. I don't understand when to rename it. I have it in my list as .bin but it always says error wrong size when I try to load it. It is listed at 6kb which is much smaller than the other games. If anyone would pm me this game rom as .bin, I'd really appreciate it.

Take care!

• 3 years later...
  • 8 months later...