IGNORED

Problems with Paypal what the hell can I do?

Warriorisabouttodie

I know most of you are more experienced with Paypal and eBay than me, so please any advice. A month ago someone disputed a charge with me and said I did not send an item to them (2 months before) which I know I did, as per advice here since then I make sure there is tracking or send it international priority mail so it has a tracking #.

Shortly after that experience I sent a woman a board game in the Philipines. I sent it so the item was tracked (infact it says the item is at customs). She left me positive feedback. I thought I was done with her. Then she disputed the claim with Paypal and her credit card company saying she hasnt received the package. I called PP and gave them the tracking # and even offered to fax the customs form, receipt and shipping receipt to them, they said the tracking # was enough and not to worry it would be resolved in my favor. Today 2 weeks later they charged me the item price and a 10 dollar fine and said the reason was "improper shipping verification" I call PP and the guy on the phone says he personally looked up my tracking # and it should be enough. He is asking me to fax over the receipts, but meanwhile they charge me almost 100 dollars AND they closed the case. I didn't even have that money in the PP account so they cleaned out my Pay Pal account and charged the rest to the attached credit card. I was trying to turn eBay into a fun little hobby/part time job or at least to offset the money I spend on gaming and this is unbelievable !! I feel like these Paypal people screw you over at every turn. I also feel like I am being mugged by online buyers and Paypal is letting it happen. So far what little money I've made has been offset by scammers and the time I put in. Part of me wants to deny the charge with my credit card company but I need paypal to buy used games on eBay.

I just don't get these people? Do I have any recourse or am I basically screwed again? So now what do I do never ship anything over seas again?

Edited by Warriorisabouttodie

I just don't get these people? Do I have any recourse or am I basically screwed again? So now what do I do never ship anything over seas again?

I wouldn't say that you shouldn't ship anything anywhere overseas, but you may want to avoid certain areas that are notorious for problems - Italy, South America, Africa, and certain parts of Asia (Indonesia and the Philippines).

I wouldn't say that you shouldn't ship anything anywhere overseas, but you may want to avoid certain areas that are notorious for problems - Italy, South America, Africa, and certain parts of Asia (Indonesia and the Philippines).

Thanks, I will make this my new policy.. It's unfortunate because I hate to tell people I can't sell this to you because of where you are from which almost sounds like racism, but I can't afford to get ripped off like this either. I think Paypal is in serious need of competition they seem to screw you over at every turn.

I've shipped to Japan, UK, Canada, Australia with no problems in the past at least those countries aren't on your list.

I'd like to fight this charge with my credit card co. and make this an issue but I need my pay pal account to buy used games for myself. I get most of my retro games from eBay and you just know they would freeze or delete my account.

Today I faxed over the customs form, the USPS shipping form (with tracking#) and the receipt, so I am hoping they may reverse this decision.

There should be a FAQ someplace that warns new buyers of all the potential pitfalls you might encounter.

Edited by Warriorisabouttodie