IGNORED

Atari 2600 Video Mod Board

mcge0053

There are a few threads you'll find if you search for 8BitDomain. Never tried them myselves. Too many bad things said about them. The common complaint is the product is never delivered, or taking a year+ after you paid, and only then after you email them, phone them, etc...

In all fairness there might be some really pleased customers out there, but when I read threads off 8BitDomain holding your money and not returning any emails, well... What do you think?

I ordered an 8bitdomain 4-switch video mod about a year ago. It took less than a month to arrive, which is apparently pretty quick going by what I have read on how long it has taken for others. It works okay, however the s-video isn't perfect and has vertical lines that are an annoyance. I wouldn't get another given the chance.

My experience with 8bitdomain was a good one. I ordered two boards from them last year (a2600 & colecovision). They arrived within two weeks and both were relatively easy to install. (The hardest part was drilling holes in the case for the connectors) I'm very happy with the results for both mods.

I would suggest emailing Mike first to get an idea where he's at as far as getting orders out.

Ive purchased from 8bit domain many,many times and all experiences were good. I wasnt even a member and the admins responded same day to my questions. They are somewhat easy to install but some experience in electronics would help.

D

Does anyone have experience with the Video Mod Board from 8bitDomain?

Does it work as well as advertised?

Was it easy to install?

Any tips for other A/V mod information?

THANKS!