IGNORED

advice needed on Atari Lynx repair

acharris

Hi all I need some information on an Lynx problem. I bought 2 x Mk2 lynx's from ebay here in the UK for £7. Both were sold as faulty so I knew they were going to be projects to make the best of the 2. The 1 which the guy said wont load any games worked with rampage I bought from ebay to try on it, but the pad and buttons were really unresponsive, so I took it all apart and cleaned the contacts and stuff on the plastic and now it works fine and I am really happy as I think it was a good price for it.

The 2nd lynx had the fault of it will power up, and the backlight works as I can switch it on and off with the switch, but the game wont load or the error message of "insert game" dont show either. I took it apart briefly and tried to clean the ribbons and re-assemble, but still no luck.

Anyone give me some information as to what some of the causes of this is, as I am curious if could repair it, as I feel happy that I got the one working with the buttons, considering that the pad and the 4 buttons were really in a bad way, as you could not move or anything without pressing the buttons abouts dozen times or more to move one step.

Thanks in advance for any advice with the screen problem. I tried the brightness, as while it adjusts the screen, no picture is displayed. Thanks again.

Anthony

Thanks for that, I cleaned the cart slot and now I get sound and if I turn the brightness way up and tilt it at an angle, I can see a faint screen and some garbled display. Nevermind, it is OK for spares and I got one working out of the 2 for the £7 GBP, so I am happy. Just curious thats all to learn about the consoles.

Anthony