IGNORED

Prehistoric Times available for preorder until April 3rd

Mr. Apollo

As far as I can see the single requierement to place the order is having a Paypal account... do I get the game shipped to Spain for 20 bucks?

Only NTSC version?

Prehistoric Times will only be available in the US and Canada (and is NTSC) -sorry about that........

:ponder:

Damn, your screenshot looks so impressive I (and some other guys from the rest of the world) would really like to purchase it!

You're just bitter because it doesn't come in a shrinkwrapped box :P

As far as I can see the single requierement to place the order is having a Paypal account... do I get the game shipped to Spain for 20 bucks?

Only NTSC version?

Prehistoric Times will only be available in the US and Canada (and is NTSC) -sorry about that........

:ponder:

Damn, your screenshot looks so impressive I (and some other guys from the rest of the world) would really like to purchase it!

You're just bitter because it doesn't come in a shrinkwrapped box :P

Ya got me! :D

Only NTSC version?

Prehistoric Times will only be available in the US and Canada (and is NTSC) -sorry about that ;)! The preorder site has been updated to reflect this and we apologize for the communication error.

Hi

Only available in USA and Canada????What kind of sh......is this?????

Certainly i would pay extra shipping to germany........

PM me,if i can have one,if not,then you can keep it.

greetings Walter

I still cannot believe no further screenshots or a video after several requests for them. I have to assume it's another "Last Ninja"-quality craptastic game. Horrible marketing, especially since they're no doubt aware of that fiasco. Actually, at this point, I'm assuming they're very aware of that fiasco and are trying to make a quick buck off a junk game. All it would take would be a quick video to prove me wrong -- or right.

I know this game is probably going to end up like N.E.R.D.S and The Last Ninja, but $20 shipped is not bad. I'm thinking about picking this one up. However, I really hate how the author wont release a video/sample ROM, or even make an appearance on the forum promoting his game. Its not like making Atari 2600 games is big buisness :roll:

I know this game is probably going to end up like N.E.R.D.S and The Last Ninja, but $20 shipped is not bad. I'm thinking about picking this one up. However, I really hate how the author wont release a video/sample ROM, or even make an appearance on the forum promoting his game. Its not like making Atari 2600 games is big buisness :roll:

$20 shipped is not bad? So you're going 100% on price? In that case, I have all sorts of things I'd be happy to send you for $20 shipped! There's all kinds of homebrews out there, and unless you have them all already, why wouldn't you want to put that $20 towards a deserving one? Plenty of deserving ones out there, as you know! Unless/until this one turns out to be deserving, but I highly doubt it will. I think it's something someone whipped together in a week in BatariBasic (no offense against BB) and is trying to make a quick buck.

If they weren't trying to collect money I would think this ia an April fool's prank. :roll:

For Immediate Release

Atari 2600 Homebrew Available for Preorder from Salute®

They have a registered trademark for Salute? The official records at uspto.gov say otherwise. :ponder:

Brickhand Public Relations

Rich Price

What the hell does a homebrew operation need an independent public relations firm for? Make calls my ass. These people are either nuts or pulling a prank as I said earlier. :?

APRIL FOOLS!

$20 shipped is not bad? So you're going 100% on price? In that case, I have all sorts of things I'd be happy to send you for $20 shipped! There's all kinds of homebrews out there, and unless you have them all already, why wouldn't you want to put that $20 towards a deserving one? Plenty of deserving ones out there, as you know! Unless/until this one turns out to be deserving, but I highly doubt it will. I think it's something someone whipped together in a week in BatariBasic (no offense against BB) and is trying to make a quick buck.

Yea, I take that back! I did not realize how many better homebrews are on AA and Pack rat video games that are in the same price range! (Jammed, This Planet Sucks!, and Seawolf to name a few )

Guess I should spend more time at the AA store :D

Edited by Wickeycolumbus

Should I take this opportunity to announce my new project? It's called "M-T"

It's a hack of ET, you get the shell from an ET game cart, with no PCB at the discount price of $5!

It does come with a high quality label hand numbered!!! :rolling:

:D any takers?

AX

Didn't Atari Charles already do that sort of thing? :ponder:

How about a screenshot? :)

To maintain the integrity of the TooManyGames exclusive release on May 3rd, all screens are being withheld for now.

However I can forward any questions you have for the developer.

Good Idea!!, let's buy a cat in a bag! :D

no screen shot????? like marketing a new system without telling the public about it. You better not be some Jack trameil!!!!!

Okay, point taken! ;) I made a few phone calls and got approval to post this Prehistoric Times screen:

pt.png

wow he made a few phones calls!!!! for one pic! was it like pulling teeth or something. listen pal We are not stupid. You want to sell us a game, on one lousy pic. you make it out like its the greatest thing since sliced bread. Like selling a car to someone without showing it!! Cut the crap!

give us what we want: a video of the game, how it plays, more pics. or go home!!!!

I don't think i was asking for much ....was I????

How about a screenshot? :)

To maintain the integrity of the TooManyGames exclusive release on May 3rd, all screens are being withheld for now.

However I can forward any questions you have for the developer.

Good Idea!!, let's buy a cat in a bag! :D

no screen shot????? like marketing a new system without telling the public about it. You better not be some Jack trameil!!!!!

Okay, point taken! ;) I made a few phone calls and got approval to post this Prehistoric Times screen:

pt.png

wow he made a few phones calls!!!! for one pic! was it like pulling teeth or something. listen pal We are not stupid. You want to sell us a game, on one lousy pic. you make it out like its the greatest thing since sliced bread. Like selling a car to someone without showing it!! Cut the crap!

give us what we want: a video of the game, how it plays, more pics. or go home!!!!

I don't think i was asking for much ....was I????

And what the hell is that a screen shot of? Is that a biplane colliding with a headless signpost? And what the hell is that red thing? Are those supposed to be green clouds?

And they want how much for this game?

How many ounces does a game cartridge weigh? Last I saw silver was $12+ an ounce, so at $15 a cart, that means crap is worth more. Hell, I'm in the wrong business.

You guys are brutal. Why don't you reserve your judgment until the game actually comes out?

No not brutal. We are just very experienced with people peddling crap, and this operation is pegging my crap meter. The level of obfuscation from the seller is strongly suggesting the game is not good. I would love to be shown otherwise, but I am not holding my breath.

You guys are brutal. Why don't you reserve your judgment until the game actually comes out?

No not brutal. We are just very experienced with people peddling crap, and this operation is pegging my crap meter. The level of obfuscation from the seller is strongly suggesting the game is not good. I would love to be shown otherwise, but I am not holding my breath.

The fact is that the screen shot that one would take is one that would supposedly best represent the game. The screen shot speaks for itself.

The green "clouds" are actually "forests" based on the description posted on their Web site. Now, does anything in green look like trees in a forest?

We know the results of a rushed product - look at Atari's broken-sperm-tail of a cartridge called "Pac-Man." Everything is hideous about that game. The opening "musical" notes of the game give me a toothache. I keep a copy of it in my collection so I can show people as side-by-side comparison "this is what Atari released and this is Pac-Man Arcade."

For Immediate Release

Atari 2600 Homebrew Available for Preorder from Salute®

Prehistoric Times is available for preorder until April 3rd 2009.

Winston Salem, NC.- March 20th, 2009-Salute Games, today announced that Prehistoric Times for the Atari 2600 will be available for preorder until April 3rd 2009 at the Salute Games website.

The cartridge (SRP $20.00 with shipping) is being produced in limited quantities and may pulled from the site at anytime. The game will be shipped to preordering customers on May 8th in order to maintain the TooManyGames exclusivity agreement. Prehistoric Times will be released to the public for the first time at the TooManyGames classic gaming expo in Leesport, PA on May 3rd 2009.

For more information about Prehistoric Times, please visit http://www.salutegames.com

For more information about TooManyGames, please visit http://toomanygames.com

About Prehistoric Times

Prehistoric Times follows the plight of a lone prehistoric man fighting for survival by hunting wily beasts in a sun-scorched forest. Nourish yourself on the carcasses of felled prey before setting off in quest of a mysterious god spoken of only in legend. Beware, no one has ever returned alive.

About Salute®

Salute Games is a development team assembled to create games saluting the classics of yesteryear. The company, founded in 2008, is releasing its first game, Prehistoric Times for the Atari 2600 in May 2009 with more Atari 2600 games in the works. For more information, visit http:/www.salutegames.com.

Brickhand Public Relations

Rich Price

Well, is there any list letting us know who's getting them, payment received ok, when its shipped etc. the usual stuff?

• 4 weeks later...
If they sold out there, surley someone bought one is a member here. Please post your review. Thanks you for your support. HHW

BTW, the show wasn't so crowded that you had elbows in a55hole5 - so the fact that they "sold out" by 10:30 AM wasn't because of big demand but of low supply.

If they sold out there, surley someone bought one is a member here. Please post your review. Thanks you for your support. HHW

BTW, the show wasn't so crowded that you had elbows in a55hole5 - so the fact that they "sold out" by 10:30 AM wasn't because of big demand but of low supply.

I was there too...got there late. I saw that the carts were made by Hozer, not by the guy who was selling them. I have no idea how many he had...he said "not many". Not many indeed.