IGNORED

Air Raid Let the Battle begin.

hhwolfman

Well, though it's probably real, I wouldn't ever list an important auction like that on April Fool's Day. Also, since he knows it's rare (what is "10+" though?), why would he not list it separately with good photos? Some people have no common sense at all (most people on ebay).

Guys (and gals),

That's my listing on Ebay and I'm not an avid Atari collector or knowledge of the importance of games, etc. I had the listing originally posted and one of your users saw it online and told me the scoop on the game and to visit this website to verify it, etc. I can and will gladly take more close up pictures of the Air Raid game and post them on the listing later tonight.

No need to be snide and offer remarks as if I'm a dummy or something to that effect. I can assure you that's not the case and I may just take the game off and sell it seperately and end that auction early. I'm not in it for the $$$ at all - just hoping someone else can enjoy the game/system.

By the way, we're located just outside of Fort Worth (Aledo).

And check my feedback on Ebay if you're at all concerned. It's over 300+ individuals and 100% satisfaction.

Thank you.

Edited by SWTMascot

Guys (and gals),

That's my listing on Ebay and I'm not an avid Atari collector or knowledge of the importance of games, etc. I had the listing originally posted and one of your users saw it online and told me the scoop on the game and to visit this website to verify it, etc. I can and will gladly take more close up pictures of the Air Raid game and post them on the listing later tonight.

No need to be snide and offer remarks as if I'm a dummy or something to that effect. I can assure you that's not the case and I may just take the game off and sell it seperately and end that auction early. I'm not in it for the $$$ at all - just hoping someone else can enjoy the game/system.

By the way, we're located just outside of Fort Worth (Aledo).

And check my feedback on Ebay if you're at all concerned. It's over 300+ individuals and 100% satisfaction.

Thank you.

You really should sell your atari and other games in one auction and the air raid cart by itself. Anyone after Air Raid only wants your Air Raid and none of the other stuff. More pics of the Air Raid will get you more money also. You can expect to get about $1k for your game even with the bad econemy, maybe more.

Strange that they don't have anything else remotely rare....then Air Raid. So random.

From what I remember about 2 years back there was a listing with Air Raid in the lot that wasn't even mentioned until someone told the seller and then they sold their lot separately from Air Raid. Right at $1300 was what it went for then I believe. :ponder:

No need to be snide and offer remarks as if I'm a dummy or something to that effect.

It's not that.

It's that it's a very rare game, and there have been many, many, many, many, MANY attempts by scammers over the years to take advantage of people.

Search the forums for Air Raid threads, you'll bust a gut over some of them.

Oh my goodness.........what happened...... either a side deal or Air Raid will be relisted separately...............

Let's see what happens.... ;)

Maybe a really nice person, offered them a dollar for it. Remember they don't care about the money. :ponder:

I am a little pissed about this one. I was all prepared to bid some tax return money and then the auction is gone. I guess it was'nt about the money, just a sleazy side deal. I hope E-pay bans this douche. He obviously played the system for all it was worth, especially his idiotic posts here. ASSHOLE!

Well think about it this way. If Air Raid had gone for an insane public amount it would have sparked interest in the hobby. If people jump into the hobby the prices go up. If the prices go up you can't get the games you want because they cost too much. So in essence in the long run this is a good thing if you want to get games you don't have. ;)

Edited by homerwannabee

...it would of sparked interest in the hobby.

...it would've sparked interest in the hobby.

I think it's doubtful that a bunch of people are going to decide to start collecting 2600 games because some game sold for big money. Even if it were the case that a sale of some rare game is going to generate buzz, it's not going to be some weird pirate game like Air Raid.

...it would of sparked interest in the hobby.

...it would've

Since were going this route, it should be would have. Contractions are extremely ugly in the English world you grammar snob. All it takes is a couple of people with deep pockets to drive the prices up. Atari games are hard to come by, and prices can fluctuate wildly. A good example of this is Dragonstomper which went for $75 bucks 6 months ago because of 2 people and now is back down to the 10 to 20 dollar range.

Edited by homerwannabee