IGNORED

What's your favorite Intellivision system?

What's your favorite Intellivision system?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the Plimptonites do you prefer?

• Intellivision (Mattel Electronics)
    • Intellivision (Sylvania)
    • Super Video Arcade
    • Tandyvision One
    • Intellivision II
    • Intellivision System III
    • Super Pro System

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

My favorites are the Tandyvision, the II, and the III.

Intellivision II because it's compact, has longer cords for the controllers and power supply, and it's compatible with the ECS and System Changer.

The Tandyvision and the Intellivision III just look awesome. :cool: The fact that every standard (non-ECS) cartridge is compatible with them is neat too.

I'll throw an honorable mention to my Sylvania, although it's been retired and enjoys display space in my game room as the crown of my Intellivision collection.

My least favorite is probably the Super Video Arcade. But even that is cool in a "so bad it's good" kind of way. :)

Gotta love the Mattel original. I wish it had easy-to-unplug controllers like the II, but otherwise the design is perfect. I have a mint condition one as well as a beater, and the one in mint condition looks very nice indeed (in a 70s way, of course).

If I couldn't have the original, I'd probably end up going for a Sears model.

Never cared much for the Super Pro's box. I think it looks kind of generic; I think the III has the nicest looking box, myself. Somehow I can't find a decent photo of one to post. :?:

Did the Super Pro System come packaged with those joystick attachments?

I prefer the Super Video Arcade, which should come as no surprise considering I own one. I like the late 70s styling of it, and the detachable controllers are a big plus. I had an Intellivision II previously and I thought it was terrible, what with the stupid power button and the godawful controllers.

Edited by ApolloBoy

Oh, I'd forgotten that the Super Video Arcade has the detatchable controllers. I even have a pair of them in mint condition from when I was planning on buying one. Those consoles do look great. Some day, maybe . . .

Edited by Ransom