IGNORED

Atari 2600 Joystick and Hardware Rarity Guide + Extra

gamerz

Gamerz, the Starplex Game SeleX you have pictured is the demo unit that would have been used in stores, not the retail version. That's one of only one known to exist. It's rarer than a 6! The actual retail version that was sold is probably about a 6 but you don't have pics of that one up yet. I have the retail version which switches between 9 carts NIB. I'll try maybe in the next few days or so to take pics of the items in my collection that you are still missing. Also I think the guide would benefit from a face lift, if you could sort the various types of accessories out;

Joysticks

Adapters

Joystick holders

Storage Units & Containers

Etc..

I don't know exactly, but I think having them organized even sub organized further, joysticks could have all the joysticks, paddles, arcade sticks, roller controllers, etc.. all grouped together rather than by name alone, it would make everything easier to see. As it stands now I have to sift through 4 pages of pictures trying to find the name of the item, where if I don't know makes it difficult. I would think organizing the pics rather than alphabetical order would make more sense. Just my opinion. :)

Gamerz, the Starplex Game SeleX you have pictured is the demo unit that would have been used in stores, not the retail version. That's one of only one known to exist. It's rarer than a 6! The actual retail version that was sold is probably about a 6 but you don't have pics of that one up yet. I have the retail version which switches between 9 carts NIB. I'll try maybe in the next few days or so to take pics of the items in my collection that you are still missing. Also I think the guide would benefit from a face lift, if you could sort the various types of accessories out;

Joysticks

Adapters

Joystick holders

Storage Units & Containers

Etc..

I don't know exactly, but I think having them organized even sub organized further, joysticks could have all the joysticks, paddles, arcade sticks, roller controllers, etc.. all grouped together rather than by name alone, it would make everything easier to see. As it stands now I have to sift through 4 pages of pictures trying to find the name of the item, where if I don't know makes it difficult. I would think organizing the pics rather than alphabetical order would make more sense. Just my opinion. :)

I like this idea, and will start working on it...may take a while though. I wish I could come up with a search feature but I am not that good at coding websites. :(

Edited by gamerz

Thank you all, for the pictures that still keep coming in.

the dual command was the oem stick for the coleco gemini so i think they are coleco

I cant see much from the picture but it does not look like coleco's logo to me, thats why I didnt label it yet.

Edit: Did some research and its does seem that they are made by Coleco...very little info on the internet on these.

Edited by gamerz

Quick Shot QS-118 Wizmaster

Made to have compatibility with several systems: Atari, MSX, and Sega by sliding a switch.

I believe the cord could be exchanged to adapt to other systems like the NES, or a cordless sending unit could be used in place of the cord.

PS Why does the Epyx controller at the rarity guide have what appears to be an 1/8 phono jack on the top surface? Neither the box pic nor my controller has one.

bah

Quick Shot QS-118 Wizmaster

Made to have compatibility with several systems: Atari, MSX, and Sega by sliding a switch.

I believe the cord could be exchanged to adapt to other systems like the NES, or a cordless sending unit could be used in place of the cord.

PS Why does the Epyx controller at the rarity guide have what appears to be an 1/8 phono jack on the top surface? Neither the box pic nor my controller has one.

bah

Thanks for the picture, as for the epyx controller, I never had noticed it and have no clue what that jack is.

not sure about the other stuff but the cheetah sticks were definately plentiful over here, i remember the magazine ad's with characatures of charles and diana with a cheetah joystick

perhaps they didn't export much to non EU/Euro markets

Epyx 500j = konix speedking (re: the post before mine)

Edited by carmel_andrews

• 3 weeks later...

It's not a jack, it's an on/off switch for autofire.

Ahh muchas gracias

bah

It's not a jack, it's an on/off switch for autofire.

Thanks for clearing that up.

• 5 weeks later...

Site has been redesigned!!

Pics I am still in need of are, and I know someone has to have some of these, a couple are common :):

125 - Cheetah

125+ - Cheetah

Taiwan 6 switch console box and system

Tele Games 4 switch console box and system

Duplikator - Unimex

Foot Craz - Exus

Freedom Stick - Camerica

Mega Boy - Dynacom

Personal game Programmer - Answer

Pro Stick - BP Electronics

Telegames Center - Sears

Telematch - ?

And any Pictures that may be clearer than some that I have.

Also if you have any iformation on any controllers you would like to share that would be great.

Check out the first post for links.

Love the sites and especially the Controller section as I am an avid collector of Atari Controllers.

I have one question though. The Newport Prostick I Original, Are you sure that is Newport and what other info can you tell me about it? It sure looks like what I believe to be called Super Joystick Controllers and I got that name from this Ad here.

post-7961-1248317122_thumb.jpg

I get the name from that ad as that is the only thing I have to go on and I have a set for Atari & for Colecovision that are identical except for a 2nd button on the CV model.

Anyhow I am curious how you found that name and any other info about the Newport Originals and if you also think the ones in the ad and the Newport Original are the same controller?

I will snap a pic of my Set tomorrow. I have an old one but its a bad pic and Ive been meaning to take a new pic anyhow. I also plan on going through my controllers and organizing the loose ones and I have ones boxed that are put away as well. I will get to them next month and see if I have any that aren't on the site and snap pics of any of them or you may need pics of still if I have 'em.

I am really glad to see a site like this so thanks a bunch. Cheers

Love the sites and especially the Controller section as I am an avid collector of Atari Controllers.

I have one question though. The Newport Prostick I Original, Are you sure that is Newport and what other info can you tell me about it? It sure looks like what I believe to be called Super Joystick Controllers and I got that name from this Ad here.

post-7961-1248317122_thumb.jpg

I get the name from that ad as that is the only thing I have to go on and I have a set for Atari & for Colecovision that are identical except for a 2nd button on the CV model.

Anyhow I am curious how you found that name and any other info about the Newport Originals and if you also think the ones in the ad and the Newport Original are the same controller?

I will snap a pic of my Set tomorrow. I have an old one but its a bad pic and Ive been meaning to take a new pic anyhow. I also plan on going through my controllers and organizing the loose ones and I have ones boxed that are put away as well. I will get to them next month and see if I have any that aren't on the site and snap pics of any of them or you may need pics of still if I have 'em.

I am really glad to see a site like this so thanks a bunch. Cheers

The person that sent me the photo said it is without a doubt a Newport stick (he was a well respected member of AA here at that time), it is a possibility G.A.M.E.S. contracted Newport to make their sticks. Interesting.