IGNORED

Game Boy Advance Micro Faceplates

Well now I know I have not posted here in a long time. I am now looking buy some replacement faceplates for my Game Boy Micro. I have no trouble finding the original ones it was released to the market with, but I would like more personalized ones. Preferably I would like a large variety to choose from. I found a lot of GBA Micro skins, but few actual faceplates. Also I cannot figure out how to navigate Nintendo's Japanese website (Which has tons of faceplates) because it is in Japanese. I cannot read it. I will get a FireFox language translation addon to help with this, but, any ideas? Thanks, and help is widely appreciated.

ebay sells clear ones. Or it used to when they sold me mine anyway.

it was by a company called PowerWave. They're australian. here's a link to them

inside the box they provided a couple sample paper slips to go behind the clear faceplate, and their box points to a website with a photoshop template so you can make your own.

the template on the site was shaped wrong, so I made my own by scanning one of the samples in the box. I then just take it to the local photo lab and print them on photo paper. It's stiffer than what the samples were on and the color is better.

---------------------------------------------

outside of that, the only other 3rd party faceplates I've had were the bunch that used to be availible in 3-packs. But those are actually are painted on the outside (those idiots) so they wear very quickly. For a while I was clearcoating them with my airbrush, but then I discovered the clear type I mentioned earlier and began using that.

here's one of my favorites:

gbm5.th.jpg

Edited by Reaperman

When the GB micro was first released, Nintendo said that replacement plates would become common, because the GB micro was kind of a fashion accessory, so you could get something trendy. When the system didn't do so well, you stopped hearing about novelty plates.

I know. Quite annoying because it really is a well designed awesome system .I have yet to see how well the L and R shoulder buttons hold up, however.

the shoulder buttons hold up well, but the rubber under the d-pad, 'a' and 'b' buttons is the first thing to go. I'm on my second now (I have two more NIB just in case) and I retired the first one because the feel of the controls wasn't as crisp as it should have been. Mind that I'm a very heavy user of the system, and still feel it's the best handheld ever made.

Edited by Reaperman

I know. Quite annoying because it really is a well designed awesome system .I have yet to see how well the L and R shoulder buttons hold up, however.

the shoulder buttons hold up well, but the rubber under the d-pad, 'a' and 'b' buttons is the first thing to go. I'm on my second now (I have two more NIB just in case) and I retired the first one because the feel of the controls wasn't as crisp as it should have been. Mind that I'm a very heavy user of the system, and still feel it's the best handheld ever made.

I might agree if I didn't have so many GB and DS games, but for me, a portable that only plays GBA games just doesn't cut it. Love the size, though.