IGNORED

Mad Bodies Release!

Gorf

c_MadBodies_SP_front.jpg

I thought it was a custom enclosure ?

Didn´t someone over here state that they hoped the new case will make up for a little of the high cost?

Or what did they mean with "case" then?

Edited by jaguar_fan

c_MadBodies_SP_front.jpg

I thought it was a custom enclosure ?

Didn´t someone over here state that they hoped the new case will make up for a little of the high cost?

The game packaging, not the cartridge shell.

For anyone who, like me, was getting the "Sorry — your last action could not be completed" when you clicked on the link, with IE, this may be because your security settings are blocking cookies from the site. I get a number of Paypal and one Yahoo cookie blocked - this is on the default setting of 'medium', implying there may be a problem with the cookies.

Temporarily lowering the level from medium to low enabled it to go through (This is on the 'Privacy' tab, not the 'Security' tab). If it worries you, can can then delete the cookies after the operation and restore the level.

Whoever is in charge of the website may want to look into this - it is probably costing you orders! :)

@ Gorf:

There's no mention of you at the AA link - http://www.atariage.com/software_page.html...areLabelID=2806

I demands...I say I demands satifaction suh!!! :P

Maybe Al can correct that.

Yes, I can--what was your role in this project?

..Al

Sound tech.

Sound Tech? So you listened to everyone else complain. :D

No because they never get in touch with me to complain....I only wish they would then I'd complain less

(oh, I still complain...gotta have some fun...) and you'd all have more games by now! ;)

The case....it will go a long way in keeping your investment nice and safe.

If we did try to make those carts in purple, that could have double the

cart price at the very low numbers, quantity wise to have those made.

If we knew we could sell thousands at a time the cost would drop almost close to

low quantity used original shells....We would have LOVED to be the first Jag cart

to go new design.....cost and much less on the Jag fan's wallet dictated otherwise.

I think we are going to seriously consider the SkunkBoard as the way to go.

Then its just a download at a reasonblly lower price...less than Gorf CD was

even.

Edited by Gorf

I think the idea of selling a downloadable file, in addition to a cart or CD media version, is a very good idea for a few reasons.

Some folks have trouble coming up with the dough for a hard media release, but could afford to purchase a download.

Some gamers don't really care about having a box or other collectible items - they just wanna play the game!

And there isn't a really good emulator out for the Jaguar, so I don't think unlicenced copying to play with emulation would be much of an issue.

Since each Skunkboard has a unique serial number, maybe the download executable's code could check for the serial number. If the serial number of the board doesn't match the code, the executable doesn't run. Or if people started copying the download without permission, you'd know who the culprit was by checking the serial number of the release file.

Seems like a pretty workable idea to me... :ponder:

I think the idea of selling a downloadable file, in addition to a cart or CD media version, is a very good idea for a few reasons.

Some folks have trouble coming up with the dough for a hard media release, but could afford to purchase a download.

Some gamers don't really care about having a box or other collectible items - they just wanna play the game!

And there isn't a really good emulator out for the Jaguar, so I don't think unlicenced copying to play with emulation would be much of an issue.

Since each Skunkboard has a unique serial number, maybe the download executable's code could check for the serial number. If the serial number of the board doesn't match the code, the executable doesn't run. Or if people started copying the download without permission, you'd know who the culprit was by checking the serial number of the release file.

Seems like a pretty workable idea to me... :ponder:

Yes SB reelases would definitely make use of this feature among others for protection.

We could offer packaged or non pacakged.

This would be a CD that you put in your PC and upload the file to the Skunk.

Still have a nice collectable, personalized by your skunk serial #, packaged release.

Let the people choose....(since our govt dont allow that anymore...)

;)

I am looking into a utility that will allow the make file to recieve a command

to incorporate the serial # into the file online and from a data base the game itself

would be personalized to the owner with his/her name on screen saying thanks for the

support.

What I hope to achive is before the first skunk release, have all skunk owners

interested register their info. This way you have to be registered for the utility

to work. We can eliminate bogus or copycat devices as we know how many are out

there and how they are numbered.

Since we have no current games ready we are at a fresh plate. Mighty Frog, then probably

G.E.T. (formerly Gorf plus) might ...I say might see the light of day sometime this year.

That is all up to both Scott and Terance.

We may just start with those, although I think MF is destined for CD release at this point.

The problem I see with a release for the skunkboard is the missing ability to save and the relative low number of people who have one. Other than that if there is more to chose from, more power to you. I think I still would prefer a regular release even though it is quite hard for me to come up with the needed money.

The problem I see with a release for the skunkboard is the missing ability to save and the relative low number of people who have one.

The Skunkboard allows saving. If you're a developer looking to release on the Skunkboard, just PM me and I can help you with code to use the save feature.

There are about 200 Skunkboards in circulation. That's a decent-sized chunk of hardcore Jaguar fans who are still out hunting for new stuff to buy. :)

I still agree with your point. Cart releases are more fun! :D But I don't want people to get the idea that Skunkboard releases are infeasible. They're pretty practical from my point of view.

- KS

The problem I see with a release for the skunkboard is the missing ability to save and the relative low number of people who have one.

The Skunkboard allows saving. If you're a developer looking to release on the Skunkboard, just PM me and I can help you with code to use the save feature.

There are about 200 Skunkboards in circulation. That's a decent-sized chunk of hardcore Jaguar fans who are still out hunting for new stuff to buy. :)

I still agree with your point. Cart releases are more fun! :D But I don't want people to get the idea that Skunkboard releases are infeasible. They're pretty practical from my point of view.

- KS

Ah alright, sorry didn't want to spread false informations.

Well since I have a skunkboard now it is one more possibility to get new games so I surley do not complain.:-)

$80 isn't expensive. I think there are alot of people that owe Carl an apology for bitching about the 'extremely high cost' of Total Carnage, but are here ecstatic about spending $80.

Congrats on the release, I hope it's a fun game.

• Like 1

I tried to use the "Buy Now" link on the ordering page, and I just get a "Sorry — your last action could not be completed" message from PayPal :(

--Zero

Update your credit card information? I had the same thing happen a few weeks ago, I had forgotton that my CC that was registered on Paypal had expired. Put my new one on there and then it worked. It doesn't matter if you aren't using the CC to pay with, you have to have a current CC to do any transactions.

Edited by Gunstarhero

$80 isn't expensive. I think there are alot of people that owe Carl an apology for bitching about the 'extremely high cost' of Total Carnage, but are here ecstatic about spending $80.

I did appologize about a year ago when I realized just how much these would cost.

I had no idea....it does suck though....we released Gorf at a great price due to the

CD format. Carts just cant offer that cost effectiveness. SkunkBoard would greatly

solve this issue.

I tried to use the "Buy Now" link on the ordering page, and I just get a "Sorry — your last action could not be completed" message from PayPal :(

--Zero

Hey Zero,

contact JagMod.....if you go back to the ordering page there is an e-mail address for him right there.

He is handling the purcahsing and shipping. If you have FireFox, that seems to work well for folks.

Thanks

Gorf

--Zero

Update your credit card information? I had the same thing happen a few weeks ago, I had forgotton that my CC that was registered on Paypal had expired. Put my new one on there and then it worked. It doesn't matter if you aren't using the CC to pay with, you have to have a current CC to do any transactions.

FireFox allows it and for some reason I am assuming it is explorer that is not working.

I think there are alot of people that owe Carl an apology for bitching about the 'extremely high cost' of Total Carnage, but are here ecstatic about spending $80.

Songbird lists $89.95 for Total Carnage...

No matter: I never have complained because I figure it you can put out any kind of Jaguar game at all you're doing a lot better than I am. Under $100 for a cart-based game seems reasonable to me; all I ask is that it be fun and pack a lot of gameplay!

I did appologize about a year ago when I realized just how much these would cost.

I had no idea....it does suck though....we released Gorf at a great price due to the

CD format. Carts just cant offer that cost effectiveness. SkunkBoard would greatly

solve this issue.

The Skunkboard would solve this issue but I love having a cartridge in my collection! :D

solve this issue.

The Skunkboard would solve this issue but I love having a cartridge in my collection! :D

I will use it as a development tool; but I won't release anything on it. Other than some demos!