IGNORED

Jaguar Video

snakes3425

Why would we help you? :ponder: Your a Jaguar hater, this is the Jaguar fan forum on AA.

All computer systems use bits they just don't advertise it anymore, because it's to hard to define and does really relate to graphics output. The Xbox360 is 32 bits.

Here are your Jaguar comments from the cave video:

snakes3425 (3 months ago)

Reply | Spam

Okay I'll "Do the Math"

Bad Console + Bad Games = A SURE FIRE METHOD FOR GOING OUT OF BUISNESS

Reply | Spam

Is it possible to split it into multipul parts

I don't think 7th Gen consoles can be messured with Bits. The last console I know that used bits was Dreamcast (128Bits)

Reply | Spam

Okay I'll do the Math

Atari Jaguar + Gamer = REPLACEING YOUR TV SET

+2

Reply | Spam

You know, this explains a lot

Edited by ovalbugmann

??? Why do you think he's a Jag hater, doesn't really sound like it to me loking at his posts. http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...=139655&hl=

That was a pretty typical mid '90's inomertial kind of thing, it's pretty bad, but on average not more than most. (and I liked it) And that famous N64 Nintendo Power video is almost as bad. (except for the slightly better acting, and a little funnier, though I think it's worse in some ways)

Oh, and noting your "bits" comment... you need to get some things straight, the Xbox, Dreamcast, GC, and Wii, are all 32-bit (at least in terms of the CPU), the PS2 has a 64-bit CPU, and I think both the 360 and PS3 have multi-core 64-bit cpu's. (though I'm not sure about this last bit)

Why would we help you? :ponder: Your a Jaguar hater, this is the Jaguar fan forum on AA.

All computer systems use bits they just don't advertise it anymore, because it's to hard to define and does really relate to graphics output. The Xbox360 is 32 bits.

Here are your Jaguar comments from the cave video:

Reply | Spam

Okay I'll "Do the Math"

Reply | Spam

Is it possible to split it into multipul parts

I don't think 7th Gen consoles can be messured with Bits. The last console I know that used bits was Dreamcast (128Bits)

Reply | Spam

Okay I'll do the Math

Atari Jaguar + Gamer = REPLACEING YOUR TV SET

+2

Reply | Spam

For the record all of my comments were ment as jokes. If I hated the Jag so much, why would I spend 120 dollars on one

Edited by snakes3425

Jokes? haha. :| For who's benefit? - so you can look good, blend in/be accepted, to all the other Jag haters on Utube? - Then come here and tell us you spent $120 and you love the system?-right? Dude just admit it, don't frackin' lie - your TWOFACED - plain and simple.

- what does this mean?, good joke there-very funny. :ponder: To me it means that you think the system and games suck badly. You write what you write dude - stand up and be a man and defend what you wrote.

Atari Jaguar + Gamer = REPLACEING YOUR TV SET!

- to me this means if you have a Jaguar and a TV set and you try to play videogames you will soon need a new TV set.....because... you will want to smash your TV set into oblivion by putting your foot through it along with stomping on the Jag because it's so bad. What else could it mean?

-The Cave Video explains why the Jaguar and Atari and this infommercial clip sucks and is thus why the Jaguar and Atari failed failed failed miserably. Is this not what you mean by "explains a lot?"

Not trying to be a dick here dude really, I'm only going by what you said there, and then here as they are conflicting and I am missing the punchline to your jokes. Do you actually play your Jaguar, truthfully, or is it just part of your collection of obscure and old video game stuff? Everybody is entitled to their OWN opinion and none is better than the other but be consistent, if you like the Jaguar don't try to appease kids over at Utube by bagging on the system also, in order to fit in and not be made fun of because you like old-skool Atari.

Edited by ovalbugmann

??? Why do you think he's a Jag hater, doesn't really sound like it to me loking at his posts. http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...=139655&hl=

Oh, you mean like this comment from snakes:

"I've had a Jaguar for a while now, and having played it, my views on the Jag have changed. Personally I don't think it deserves the title: Worst Console Ever."

Wow - talk about damning with faint praise! :D

Jokes? haha. :| For who's benefit? - so you can look good, blend in/be accepted, to all the other Jag haters on Utube? - Then come here and tell us you spent $120 and you love the system?-right? Dude just admit it, don't frackin' lie - your TWOFACED - plain and simple.

- what does this mean?, good joke there-very funny. :ponder: To me it means that you think the system and games suck badly. You write what you write dude - stand up and be a man and defend what you wrote.

Atari Jaguar + Gamer = REPLACEING YOUR TV SET!

- to me this means if you have a Jaguar and a TV set and you try to play videogames you will soon need a new TV set.....because... you will want to smash your TV set into oblivion by putting your foot through it along with stomping on the Jag because it's so bad. What else could it mean?

-The Cave Video explains why the Jaguar and Atari and this infommercial clip sucks and is thus why the Jaguar and Atari failed failed failed miserably. Is this not what you mean by "explains a lot?"

Not trying to be a dick here dude really, I'm only going by what you said there, and then here as they are conflicting and I am missing the punchline to your jokes. Do you actually play your Jaguar, truthfully, or is it just part of your collection of obscure and old video game stuff? Everybody is entitled to their OWN opinion and none is better than the other but be consistent, if you like the Jaguar don't try to appease kids over at Utube by bagging on the system also, in order to fit in and not be made fun of because you like old-skool Atari.

when I said "explains a lot" yes I was referring to Atari's Advertising campaign for the Jaguar, and when I say "Bad Console" I feel Atari shipped the console before it was ready, in hopes of getting the jump on Sega, Nintendo and Sony, had they taken a few extra months to perfect the Jaguar's technology, and had taken the time to create more games like Tempest 2000, Doom, Wolfenstien 3D, and Iron Soldier, or games that took full advantage of the Jag's capabilities, then the Jaguar could have been a major success. Yes I do play my Jaguar, right now my Jaguar Collection is only 4 games: Tempest 2000, Wolfenstien 3D, Raiden, and Club Drive, I have a copy of white men can't jump, but it's not working (Red Screen of Death) also when I made these comments my Jaguar was giving me no end of problems, I don't know if anyone else has experenced this but my console actually switched itself off while I was playing a game, and a few times it wouldn't even turn on.

:) Ok Good! ;) You are a Jaguar fan! -that's cool. :cool: You see what we see in the system, it's coolness the potential it has, and also the vast sea of mistakes Sam Tramiel made running Atari. It's just that there are so many Jaguar haters out there I was figuring, by your Utube comments that it was just another person that hasn't even played the system and was just going with the general consensus of all the Jagbashers - which is if it's Atari it all sucks. I'm glad I was wrong here about you and those comments of yours are 3 months or more old so I think the system has grown on you somewhat.

Well that's great to hear and I hope you get some more games for your Jaguar like AvP, Doom, Ultra Votek, Zero5, Dragon, Rayman, Super Burnout, and maybe eventually a Jaguar CD add-on although those are expensive but there are some good thigs about it like Jeff Minter's Virtual Light Machine and promal Rage and IS2, and BattleMorph. Well, just stick with the carts for now and give each game an unbiased chance to entertain you.

Maybe try to pick up some cartridge only lots on ebay that have several titles and are around 50-60 bucks for all ofthem that mught be the cheapest way to increase your software for the Jag. Manuals can all be downloaded from here and game FAQs, reviews, walkthroughs, tips, codes, cheats, etc can all be found by just googling the: Atari+Jaguar+"insert game name here"+ reviews for instance. I always like to have information about the Jag game I am trying to beat, it makes the experience more enjoyable, I think.

Now as for the full 30 minute Cave infommercial on YouTube, I am surprised it was not split up into segments about 10 minutes each in other videos on Youtube listed on the right side of the currently playing video - it's got to be on there somewhere.

Have a good one man - enjoy the Jaguar, if you have any other Jaguar questions I'm around here a lot.

Late. Peace-out :)

I have a copy of white men can't jump, but it's not working (Red Screen of Death)

Gorf posted about using a q-tip and contact lens cleaning solution to fix this. It worked great on all my games.. Just make sure you let them dry thoroughly before using them.. Also, he recommended cutting a groove in an old credit card, wrapping it in a t-shirt and using the same cleaner to clean the slot. Worked great for me.. That guy is smart.

The general "standard" for cart cleaning (lacking an official cleaninf kit) is to use rubbing alcohol and q-tips. (wich is the "cleaning solution" most kits come with anyway, common 70% works fine, 50% won't evaporate as quickly)

Some use other solutions as mentioned (I recal someone using windex), but diluted isopropanol (rubbing alcohol in its standard diluted form) seems to be most used. (and I'd avoid windex inless you make sure to wipe it all off carefully, I'm not sure how residue would effect corrosion) I also sometimes used a folded peice of paper towel instead of a q-tip.

Some of the marketing for the Jaguar is a bit questionable marketing for it. Epphesizing the "64 bit" aspect wasn't bad, but with the limitations of the hardware and developer's abilities (esp with lack of dev kits) it seemt to be exaggeration of the system. (though the bit with only is one part of a processor/system's power/speed, though the "bits" was emphesized at the time largely thanks to Sega's popular markting techniques)

That video is a bit goofy, though defeinitely not more than the N64 one I mentioned.

Some of the commercials were good, I like the Doom one, and the AvP one is probably the best.

But other adds like the classroom one, Kasumi Ninja, or Cybermorph... (granted, again Nintendo also aluded to the barfing thing by putting a Star Fox 64 air sicness bag... WTF?)

I don't like the "Do The Math" slogan though, I like "Get Bit by Jaguar" better, not sure if that was used early on or they were used togeter, or what, but I definitly think it's cooler.

I got to thinking about those slogans, "Get bit by Jaguar" and "Do the Math" the former was cool, but they obviously wanted to emphesize the 64-bit thing more and created the latter.

However, I think it would have been cool if they'd gone with something like: "Get 64-Bit by Jaguar" or maybe: "Atari Jaguar: Get bit by 64-bits" (and I wouldn't use that "64-bits of mega power" thing either, seems too much like Sega, and also kind of lame and outdated)