IGNORED

What was you best deal?

What was your best deal at a flea market or ebay or a thrift store? I bought an Atari heavy sixer with the box, all the wires, paddle controllers, joystick controllers, a video tough pad, 10 Atari games, and 5 intellivision games(3 of them were boxed) from a flea market for $30. At that same flea market I bought an Intellivision with the box, all the wires, 5 2600 games(2 boxed), and 3 intellivision games (1 boxed) for $40 and a TurboGrafx16 with the box, 2 7800 games, 15 2600 games, and 5 intellivision games for $70. I'm going to go back there to buy a 2 port Atari 5200 with the manuals, controllers, 5 boxed 5200 games, and all the wires for $50. The console is almost brand new and still has that beautiful purple plastic over the silver strip.

What was your best deal at a flea market or ebay or a thrift store? I bought an Atari heavy sixer with the box, all the wires, paddle controllers, joystick controllers, a video tough pad, 10 Atari games, and 5 intellivision games(3 of them were boxed) from a flea market for $30. At that same flea market I bought an Intellivision with the box, all the wires, 5 2600 games(2 boxed), and 3 intellivision games (1 boxed) for $40 and a TurboGrafx16 with the box, 2 7800 games, 15 2600 games, and 5 intellivision games for $70. I'm going to go back there to buy a 2 port Atari 5200 with the manuals, controllers, 5 boxed 5200 games, and all the wires for $50. The console is almost brand new and still has that beautiful purple plastic over the silver strip.

Nintendo 64 and PS2 for $10 a piece

I've actually had a couple good virtual boy finds. My first was a $15 unit back when they were unpopular. I snagged a unit in a rental hard case for $50 at a thrift store about 3 years ago.

also I picked up a saturn with a vcd card for $5-10 at a thrift shop

Edited by Reaperman

I got my Virtual Boy a year or two ago at a yard sale for $5. I've came across a lot of "good deals" though. My Tandy 1000TL was free as was a nice C64 package with 2 FDD's, 1702 monitor and a good assortment of disks, with some games C.I.B. There's also two C128D's, Plus/4, Vic-20 and a ton of other old computer stuff that was given to me. Those I had to clean thoroughly to get the terrible stench of mold off of. Still took months to go away on some of it. I bought my PSP last year from a guy on Craigslist for $60, complete with case, 2 gig card and a couple discs. I also bought a Heavy 6'er, NES and a box full of carts for each from a friend for $50 that was going to pawn it off to a game shop. That's all I can think of off the top my head at the moment. There's lot's of good little deals here and there on carts and miscellaneous stuff of coarse but those are the good ones that stand out.

The one I remember best wasn't from a thrift store, eBay, or a garage sale. It was from my days driving around Silicon Valley, looking for places to buy stuff second hand, back from 1990 to 1992. Of course I ended up at Weird Stuff Warehouse many times, but I also found a place called Curtis Manufacturing Warehouse. It was in the middle of a corporate area, not too far from an office of Konami or one of the other then-big game design shops (I don't recall exactly who it was).

Anyway, I stopped in there and it was just a big warehouse, with tons of old electronics stuff all over the place. Most of it was way beyond what I would want -- old minicomputer stuff and the like. But there was also a pallet of new-in-box VCS games; mostly late-era Activision stuff, but also some other stuff. I bought a few of those, but I wasn't collecting "in the box" at the time and already had most of it in bare cart form with the earlier, prettier labels (this was before Actiplaque had really taken off).

The VCS carts weren't my most memorable score, though. There was another pallet, stacked high with mint, brand new, boxed 5200 trak-ball controllers. I was just amazed at the time, because I wasn't able to afford one the first time around in the early 80s, but here they were -- for $5 apiece! Naturally I bought two of them, and discovered the joys of playing 5200 games with a trak-ball controller.

Five or six years later, I sold my 5200 collection, and have only recently gotten back into that scene. But I still remember the thrill of finding and then buying those trak-ball controllers...

Edited by Ransom

I scored a Lynx with two games (Hydra and California Games) and a soft case for $5 at a Goodwill. They didn't know what it was or what it was worth and I didn't let on that I did :)

I also had a friend give me his SNES collection, including Super Metroid, but I'm not sure friend gifts count.

Edited by MFoolsRun

I've got some good ones over the past few years.

Goodwill:

Amiga 3000 (no keyboard or mouse to be found, but works) = $10.

StarPath SuperCharger = $2.

Sega Nomad (working, but no battery pack) = $7

Apple iMac Blueberry = $20 (left it for another collector, actually)

Flea Market:

Vectrex with extra controller = $12

Bell & Howell Black Apple II+ = $10 (they had four, I left 3 others for other collectors)

I've got some good ones over the past few years.

Goodwill:

Amiga 3000 (no keyboard or mouse to be found, but works) = $10.

StarPath SuperCharger = $2.

Sega Nomad (working, but no battery pack) = $7

Apple iMac Blueberry = $20 (left it for another collector, actually)

Flea Market:

Vectrex with extra controller = $12

Bell & Howell Black Apple II+ = $10 (they had four, I left 3 others for other collectors)

That's the EXACT deal I got.

I recently got all this(except for the television) for just $20 on CL.....

post-22489-1241824172_thumb.jpg

:D Atari VCS 4-switch complete with original box(all the cardboard pieces are there), 27 games(3 copies,2 games w the box and 4 extra Coleco games also,2 emtpy boxes), 2 wireless controllers w box, 7 regular controllers, 1 paddle controller, a bunch of game manuals,catalogues and the original manual for the Atari 2600......

I also found a vintage Pong game recently for 25 from CL......posted the pic in my first games thread.

A few months back I found the Zelda 1 gold cart at Goodwill for just 3 dollars and Renegade for 99 cents.

On Ebay I bought Star Wars the Arcade Game for 5200 complete with the box for only $20. Found Gremlins and Mr.Do's Castle for 5200 at Atari2600.com for $20 each also .

Just bought a Sega Nomad today too :) at a really good price of 65 dollars plus 2 games,Sonic 1 and Street Fighter 2.....I might hop on an Intellevision deal but not sure yet. I think I bought way too many games this month :roll: :P I'm addicted to this new hobby.

Edited by lushgirl_80

I have had to great finds in my time.

Find 1:

4x NES toaster systems, Atari 7800, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Saturn, SNES, PS2, PS1, plus many controllers and games for each system (I know I am forgetting some systems too) all for $20 at a garage sale

Find 2:

All you see in this picture for $34 (also from a garage sale)

post-12776-1241825573_thumb.jpg

Probably my 7800 with 17 CIB 7800 games and several loose carts for both the 7800 and 2600. And it had two controllers and all hookups. I got it for $50-ish. It included both Activision titles with their instructions.

Then right after that I got a box of roughly 20 2600 carts, all loose, for $3. It had Sea Hawk, Ghost Manor, and Fathom in it.

Edited by shadow460

17 NES caltron 6 in 1s (15 shrinkwrapped, 1 complete and 1 loose) for $30 at a thrift store in the early 90s. i've had some good scores over the years but i don't think i'll top that. though i made many great trades and good ebay sales at the time, i really wish i still had a couple extra nowadays...

Coleco Gemini in box for $20 at some old guy's garage sale.

HPIM0947.jpg

You have a Gemini complete in box? I didn't know that...

Best deal I can think of right now is a Virtual Boy with all of the parts and working perfectly for $1 at a thrift store. I also got about $2000 worth of REALLY old Apple II stuff for $25.

Chris

I've been really lucky with some great hauls over the years. Here are some of them:

-Working boxed Intellivision on Ebay of all places for $9

-Atari 2600 with 103 games, all with manuals, with a ton of controllers for $30 at a flea market

-Sega Nomad with a battery pack for $29 at Gamestop a few years ago, they didn't know what it was!

-A huge lot that included Gamecube, SNES, PS1, PS2, original Xbox, Game Boy Advance, and Dreamcast, all boxed except for the SNES and PS1, with 86 games across all of them (and some rare ones to boot!) for $200 off of a co-worker, I essentially bought out his collection

-Goldstar 3DO with about 20 games for free from a co-worker :-o

But what I consider my best haul was...

-Working Vectrex, sitting in the back seat of a 1965 Rambler in a junkyard, for free! :-o :-o :-o It works great, and is in good shape. I have no clue what it was doing there, but they gave it to me!!!

A friend had a working single drive Apple II+ system with green screen monitor, 80 column card, serial card, monitor stand, joystick, manuals, etc... in his attic. I have him a $10 gift card to Home Depot I got for free when they screwed up, and he said I could have the computer for free.

I bought a like new, boxed TI-99/4A with some games, an extra keyboard, all manuals, etc... for $19+ shipping off of ebay.

I got a boxed Parsec not from the auction, a kid's toy, and nothing else. After contacting the seller, he refunded my money, paid me to ship the toy to the actual buyer and sent me the missing items from my auction.

I was visiting my storage shed and the manager was cleaning out the neighboring unit for lack of payment. He gave me an Apple IIe and an NES.

Coleco Gemini in box for $20 at some old guy's garage sale.

HPIM0947.jpg

You have a Gemini complete in box? I didn't know that...

Best deal I can think of right now is a Virtual Boy with all of the parts and working perfectly for $1 at a thrift store. I also got about $2000 worth of REALLY old Apple II stuff for $25.

Chris

Yep. I nearly shit myself when the guy came out of the house and told me to make him an offer. Knowing what it's worth especially mint in box, I gave him all the money I had which happened to be $20.

Edited by STICH666

My best deal is an Atari 2600 with beat up original box (no inserts) and 13 games for 5.25... Not to great, but I haven't been retro gaming for very long.

Great deal. I got mine for $5 and got all of these games (minus Berzerk, Kaboom and anything Coleco) for free from an old filing cabinet someone was throwing out.

3373944515_a114cf6e1c_b.jpg