IGNORED

demons souls confirmed american release

xg4bx

I like how you can pull the levers down to allow easy access of later parts of the level so you don't have to do the whole dang thing in one big swoop.

Nice!

Did you get the deluxe version? Curious what you think of it. Can you tell I'm anxious for my copy!??

I don't think I've ever said this before, but seriously, Demon's Souls could be the best game I've played since Mario Brothers on the NES. It has that same level of addiction, a seemingly endless supply of levels, and no matter how many times you die, you want to play just one more time....even if it's from the freakin beginning :P .

Yes, I ended up getting the Deluxe edition. Wow. Seriously, it's a VERY nice little bundle. It comes in a beautiful, very thick cardboard sleeve which houses the main game/case and the mini stradegy guide inside. The sleeve's art is embossed, and has a 3D effect to it and is bumpy when you run your fingers over it. All in all, quality all around.

Since I pre-ordered mine, it came with an art book that was kinda meh, but was nice simply because it came with a CD with the whole game's soundtrack on it. After you listen to this music, trust me, that's a VERY nice thing to own :D.

I've already heard that trying to find a deluxe edition if you didn't pre-order it is kinda like trying to find a leprechaun. Good luck! I'd imagine this edition will be worth quite a bit on ebay soon, but I wouldn't sell this for a damn thing.

You're going to love it, moycon. I can't say enough good things.

Edited by DaytonaUSA

Daytona:

Yeah its a great game and its something I cant stop going back to. Amazing...I also think they cleaned up the graphics, it just looks great.

First two Bosses:

Main Slug: Flame is good against the main slug so if you have something that ignites your weapon with fire (I forget the item) do that. Otherwise try strong attacks on him.

I simply clear a path to him and then do Strong attacks on it, then run away. Maybe run around the room and then do some more strong attacks. Hit and run.

That should do it. Do NOT stay in melee combat with him, hit him strong then run. Or RUN(charge) and HIT for a lot of damage. Just dont stay near him too long.

Giant Tower Knight (2nd Boss):

Kill all the minions off the castle walls.

Melee: Hit and run tactic. Hit his ankles which is hard to do until he falls then hit his helmet (head). Repeat.

Ranged Magic: Much easier.....just stay at a distance and pelt him with magic and he'll die. (Again target the Helmet)

Multiplayer:

One of us needs to find the stone to become a "blue phantom" then we leave our soul sign somewhere and you (need to be alive) go up to the sign and let me in.

Here's the wiki explanation:

As a living player, you will at times come across Soul Signs, glowing blue symbols on the ground that will at first resemble messages, but as you approach will also feature a transparent 3D projection of the player offering their help. You’re able to see the player’s name and how they have been ranked by others. Should they appear to be relatively competent, you can then summon them into your game. A moment later they will appear, and together you can then proceed.

They will be returned to their own game upon their death, your death, or the death of the area’s boss. Should you both (or the three of you, as the game does let you summon two other players at any one time) in fact survive the region’s boss, as the living player you can then rank your helpers. Soul points will be allocated based on how you rank their performance, so the better they did, the more points everyone receives, an incentive to bring your A-game when you’re helping someone else.

From the standpoint of the player offering help, all you need is to be in soul form and to use a special stone that you will receive after a little progress into the single-player game. With the stone, you can leave your Soul Sign, which is seen by other players, and then hopefully, a short while later, you’ll be fighting alongside another daring adventurer as you quest to deliver Boletaria from the Old One.

Maybe me you and Moycon can join up. Problem is I have a kid and family so its hard to dedicate time.

ID: cimerians

I think I have you guys on my friends list already.

Edited by cimerians

Daytona:

Yeah its a great game and its something I cant stop going back to. Amazing...I also think they cleaned up the graphics, it just looks great.

First two Bosses:

Main Slug: Flame is good against the main slug so if you have something that ignites your weapon with fire (I forget the item) do that. Otherwise try strong attacks on him.

I simply clear a path to him and then do Strong attacks on it, then run away. Maybe run around the room and then do some more strong attacks. Hit and run.

That should do it. Do NOT stay in melee combat with him, hit him strong then run. Or RUN(charge) and HIT for a lot of damage. Just dont stay near him too long.

Giant Tower Knight (2nd Boss):

Kill all the minions off the castle walls.

Melee: Hit and run tactic. Hit his ankles which is hard to do until he falls then hit his helmet (head). Repeat.

Ranged Magic: Much easier.....just stay at a distance and pelt him with magic and he'll die. (Again target the Helmet)

Multiplayer:

One of us needs to find the stone to become a "blue phantom" then we leave our soul sign somewhere and you (need to be alive) go up to the sign and let me in.

Here's the wiki explanation:

As a living player, you will at times come across Soul Signs, glowing blue symbols on the ground that will at first resemble messages, but as you approach will also feature a transparent 3D projection of the player offering their help. You’re able to see the player’s name and how they have been ranked by others. Should they appear to be relatively competent, you can then summon them into your game. A moment later they will appear, and together you can then proceed.

They will be returned to their own game upon their death, your death, or the death of the area’s boss. Should you both (or the three of you, as the game does let you summon two other players at any one time) in fact survive the region’s boss, as the living player you can then rank your helpers. Soul points will be allocated based on how you rank their performance, so the better they did, the more points everyone receives, an incentive to bring your A-game when you’re helping someone else.

From the standpoint of the player offering help, all you need is to be in soul form and to use a special stone that you will receive after a little progress into the single-player game. With the stone, you can leave your Soul Sign, which is seen by other players, and then hopefully, a short while later, you’ll be fighting alongside another daring adventurer as you quest to deliver Boletaria from the Old One.

Maybe me you and Moycon can join up. Problem is I have a kid and family so its hard to dedicate time.

ID: cimerians

I think I have you guys on my friends list already.

I think I have you already but I need to add Moycon. So ok, these stones, are they blue and are set on the ground and just glow and do nothing? I didn't know that was what they did. I'll have to look up the name of it. Anywho, I'm still in soul form. I haven't beaten the first world yet, so I can't become a human atm. I'm assuming as soon as you beat the first world you can play co-op then?

If I'm a hunter class, how hard would you say the tower knight boss is to defeat?

Thanks for the help. I'll update my friends list when I get home. Don't know if I'll be able to play co-op yet, but at the very least you guys can message me here or on the PSN and let me know if you want to meet up if it's possible.

I think I have you already but I need to add Moycon. So ok, these stones, are they blue and are set on the ground and just glow and do nothing? I didn't know that was what they did. I'll have to look up the name of it. Anywho, I'm still in soul form. I haven't beaten the first world yet, so I can't become a human atm. I'm assuming as soon as you beat the first world you can play co-op then?

If I'm a hunter class, how hard would you say the tower knight boss is to defeat?

Thanks for the help. I'll update my friends list when I get home. Don't know if I'll be able to play co-op yet, but at the very least you guys can message me here or on the PSN and let me know if you want to meet up if it's possible.

Yes you become human(alive) after beating the 1st boss and you get the blue stone.

Its called the Blue Eye Stone:

"Obtained from the Maiden in Black after defeating Phalanx and speaking with the Monumental. Allows you to leave your Soul Sign when in Soul Form, letting other plays summon you to their world in the form of a blue phantom. Can be used repeatedly, and is never consumed."

I'm sure all of us will beat the 1st Boss within the next week or two so then we an all join up, I plan on beating him this weekend. :D

The Hunter is cool but I had a hard time beating the Tower Knight with melee. Some people say its easy to hit his ankles but I simply cant do it. I restarted with a Royal who has ranged magic (bolt) spell and I beat him pretty easy. I tried the Barbarian who does a ton of damage but the tower knight still beat me. I guess I cant get to his ankles like other people can.

(By the way.....the Dragon is pretty awesome in the next level....but dont even try to take it on)

Edited by cimerians

Yes you become human(alive) after beating the 1st boss and you get the blue stone.

Its called the Blue Eye Stone:

"Obtained from the Maiden in Black after defeating Phalanx and speaking with the Monumental. Allows you to leave your Soul Sign when in Soul Form, letting other plays summon you to their world in the form of a blue phantom. Can be used repeatedly, and is never consumed."

I'm sure all of us will beat the 1st Boss within the next week or two so then we an all join up, I plan on beating him this weekend. :D

The Hunter is cool but I had a hard time beating the Tower Knight with melee. Some people say its easy to hit his ankles but I simply cant do it. I restarted with a Royal who has ranged magic (bolt) spell and I beat him pretty easy. I tried the Barbarian who does a ton of damage but the tower knight still beat me. I guess I cant get to his ankles like other people can.

(By the way.....the Dragon is pretty awesome in the next level....but dont even try to take it on)

Did you try to lock on to his ankles instead of just swinging? I don't know if you can but I imagine it's possible. I know sometimes I can't hit enemies well until I lock on, especially when using a short sword.

I haven't tried the slug boss with my character yet, but I imagine the Hunter should be fine. The knight will probably be a pain in the ass haha. Maybe you can help me by coming into my world ;). I'd imagine (hope at least) that while the Royal might be good for the tower knight, it may not be good for other bosses in the future. I'd hope they wouldn't make a character class that is better in every situation.

I didn't want to do the barbarian as 1. everyone is going to use that and 2. The bow and ax combo excited me at first and felt more well rounded. I know that weapons and the like can be changed, but I'd think the Hunter is better for it at least.

I'll be beating the slug boss tonight at the very least. I just want to get to the point where I can at least level up my character with the black cloaked chick. See you on-line hopefully. This is going to be freakin great.

Thanks for the info! :)

Did you try to lock on to his ankles instead of just swinging? I don't know if you can but I imagine it's possible. I know sometimes I can't hit enemies well until I lock on, especially when using a short sword.

I haven't tried the slug boss with my character yet, but I imagine the Hunter should be fine. The knight will probably be a pain in the ass haha. Maybe you can help me by coming into my world ;). I'd imagine (hope at least) that while the Royal might be good for the tower knight, it may not be good for other bosses in the future. I'd hope they wouldn't make a character class that is better in every situation.

I didn't want to do the barbarian as 1. everyone is going to use that and 2. The bow and ax combo excited me at first and felt more well rounded. I know that weapons and the like can be changed, but I'd think the Hunter is better for it at least.

I'll be beating the slug boss tonight at the very least. I just want to get to the point where I can at least level up my character with the black cloaked chick. See you on-line hopefully. This is going to be freakin great.

Thanks for the info! :)

ha ha no problem

Yeah I tried locking on and thats the only way I can do it but he still gets me, I dont know how many times you have to beat on his ankles. He has this huge shield that caves in on you and a huge lance that fires a bolt if your far away. He also stomps the ground. In my opinion he is kind of tough for a melee character but yeah I think if you can get past him your fine.

If you beat the first boss its so much better cause you can then level up and do other things.

Before I forget, find the Cling ring. Its in the tunnel to the left of the Slug lair (if I recall). You need that ring when your in soul form....it gives you max HP.

ha ha no problem

Yeah I tried locking on and thats the only way I can do it but he still gets me, I dont know how many times you have to beat on his ankles. He has this huge shield that caves in on you and a huge lance that fires a bolt if your far away. He also stomps the ground. In my opinion he is kind of tough for a melee character but yeah I think if you can get past him your fine.

If you beat the first boss its so much better cause you can then level up and do other things.

Before I forget, find the Cling ring. Its in the tunnel to the left of the Slug lair (if I recall). You need that ring when your in soul form....it gives you max HP.

Yep, I got both rings. That one and the one that you get for saving the knight guy. It's right next to him on a dead corpse before you drop down to kill the enemies he asks you to get rid of. According to the strategy guide, it's the most important ring in the game and will help you a lot further down the line.

Edited by DaytonaUSA

I beat the slug boss thing. I now can summon players, but summoning a specific player seems to be impossible to my knowledge. It seems to be just whoever is signing up to play.

One question. Now that I beat the slug thing, beyond it is an area with a few of the mini slug guards and then a long bridge where the dragon is and breathes fire. It doesn't seem you can make it past the second stretch. I was wondering, am I even supposed to be here at Level 9? It seems impossible to cross at my character's current strength. But the rest of the world seems to be completed already. Should I grind to become more powerful?

Also, I can't seem to come back out once I enter.. A force field appears and doesn't allow me back to the sword to go back to the Nexus.

Any help with this, guys?

I beat the slug boss thing. I now can summon players, but summoning a specific player seems to be impossible to my knowledge. It seems to be just whoever is signing up to play.

This is why I prefer Live to Sony network. Sure you pay for the service, but you can play with who you want.

If what you say is true....that is so lame.

Hopefully there is a way to play with your pals that you haven't discovered.

I hope my copy comes tomorrow!!

One question. Now that I beat the slug thing, beyond it is an area with a few of the mini slug guards and then a long bridge where the dragon is and breathes fire. It doesn't seem you can make it past the second stretch. I was wondering, am I even supposed to be here at Level 9? It seems impossible to cross at my character's current strength. But the rest of the world seems to be completed already. Should I grind to become more powerful?

Also, I can't seem to come back out once I enter.. A force field appears and doesn't allow me back to the sword to go back to the Nexus.

Any help with this, guys?

RUN! As fast as you can!

LOL!!!!

I'm not kidding. Yeah your supposed to be there and the dragon is waiting for you. He keeps flying around in the same pattern burning up the bridge. There is a mark on the ground right at the beginning of the bridge....wait there!! As soon as the dragon fly's over you and burns everything in front of you start running straight ahead before he swoops around again. If your too slow or too late he'll fry you up from behind while your making your dash. Dive at the end if you have to. You CANNOT survive a dragon blast.

Right before you enter the long tunnel is a glowing stone you can take back to the Nexus. Its in the big chamber where you fought the main slug.

Moycon:

No its just the way Demons Souls works. Its not PSN. Demons Souls is kind of strange when it comes to co-op or online play. Not sure if I like it or not but most people do because its "different"

Moycon:

No its just the way Demons Souls works. Its not PSN. Demons Souls is kind of strange when it comes to co-op or online play. Not sure if I like it or not but most people do because its "different"

My guess is because Sony knows the lame Sony network can't support an influx of people wanting to specifically team up so they require producers to "break" online.

The reason I don't bitch about playing online with lame foul mouthed 15 year old kids, is because usually I know who I am playing with ahead of time. As you know, any co-op game on Live allows you to play with whoever the flip you want.

This is great thing.

No wonder so many people who only own a PS3 bitch about how lame online play is. Jeeze!!

Still looking forward to the game, but really hoping someone figures out how to play with your buds because seriously...I'm scared!!

Edited by moycon

Moycon:

My guess is because Sony knows the lame Sony network can't support an influx of people wanting to specifically team up so they require producers to "break" online.

The reason I don't bitch about playing online with lame foul mouthed 15 year old kids, is because usually I know who I am playing with ahead of time. As you know, any co-op game on Live allows you to play with whoever the flip you want.

This is great thing.

No wonder so many people who only own a PS3 bitch about how lame online play is. Jeeze!!

Still looking forward to the game, but really hoping someone figures out how to play with your buds because seriously...I'm scared!!

Hey.. online is just fine in this.

Anywho, I have bad news. I need to restart my whole game. The thought of it right now is killing me, but honestly, I have no other way around. I thought, hmm.. let's see what happens, and fought the depressed knight in Nexus. Yea.. now every time I go in there, he attacks me. I can't even buy items.. he'll attack me.. can't level up.. he'll attack me while I'm in the freakin menu.

I know it was stupid to do I guess, but I figured there's be a truce option or something. I even quit out, but I didn't just power off.. that was dumb. Now he's like this forever.

DONT ATTACK THE NPCS! You can't even really beat him. He has more health than any boss I've seen so far.

Coming from a person who doesn't own a 360.

Once you and me throw down on some Crackdown, G.O.W. or some Halo ODST you'll know what I am talking about and you'll realize what I am saying. Until then you saying online is just fine means nothing. Sorry I'm spoiled.

Online is just fine means I can play with who I want, when I want. The $500+ I spent on the system and the $60 I spent on the game should guarantee that. PS3...State of the art remember?

I was really looking forward to finally teaming up and having a great time with you guys in co-op (on the PS3 for once) with this game.

*sigh*

I'm sure I'll still enjoy the game. It seems right up my ally. I can only only hope the disappointment I feel now will be relived once I finally play the game. Although you're already making it out to be very hard so I'm sure all I'll be thinking about is I wish I could team up with someone I know so we could beat this games ass.

Coming from a person who doesn't own a 360.

Once you and me throw down on some Crackdown, G.O.W. or some Halo ODST you'll know what I am talking about and you'll realize what I am saying. Until then you saying online is just fine means nothing. Sorry I'm spoiled.

Online is just fine means I can play with who I want, when I want. The $500+ I spent on the system and the $60 I spent on the game should guarantee that. PS3...State of the art remember?

I was really looking forward to finally teaming up and having a great time with you guys in co-op (on the PS3 for once) with this game.

*sigh*

I'm sure I'll still enjoy the game. It seems right up my ally. I can only only hope the disappointment I feel now will be relived once I finally play the game. Although you're already making it out to be very hard so I'm sure all I'll be thinking about is I wish I could team up with someone I know so we could beat this games ass.

Moycon, this isn't the place for arguments like this. I have owned a 360 and I know exactly what the online is like. This is the developer's choice, not PSN's. I have games where I can invite people, and honestly, this might as well.. but there's one thing about Demon's Souls, and the reason why I'm asking so many questions.. NOTHING IS EXPLAINED.

If I find a way to invite a friend I'll let you know. Otherwise, enough of the PS doesn't do what Live does crap. It does in other games, and this is an argument for a PSN vs Live thread.

BACK ON TOPIC. I started again with a Priest, and I can say I'm SO glad the NPC thing happened to me. I thought the axe and swords were good, now I don't even have to be in range of getting hit haha. And she's not too bad with the sword either, so I get the best of both words. I soon realized how the Hunter's bow is kinda useless as you can't hold many arrows and they don't regenerate, you have to buy them. The magic is slow, but it DOES recover, which is freakin fantastic.

If I find a way to invite a friend I'll let you know.

Don't bother...

http://www.dignews.com/platforms/ps3/ps3-reviews/demons-souls/

As I was saying, the game lacks a true co-operative online play. Players aren’t able to invite their friends over for an evening’s dungeon crawl.

Sugar coat it if you want.

That sucks.

There is no argument, unless you are arguing with me. The disappointment I feel is for real. You'll have a hard time convincing me otherwise.

Still... hope it's a good single player game.

Maybe we'll get lucky and get to play together.

Edited by moycon

Yeah I tried to complain about it (multiplayer) on Atlus's boards and all the people there turned on me.

They say its unique and I say its a pain in the ass.

Especially if your alive.

Let me explain:

If your not in soul form (dead) and are alive, which is what I strive to be....any little pansy that has a black stone can invade your game as a "black phantom" (which is simply a guy who crashes into your game to kill you). There is no in game way to prevent this from happening. Some people are like "pull the network cord from the PS3" and play the game or "don't sign in and play the game". I'm like "Cant they just f~cking put the option in there to turn off online play?"

So......while I'm enjoying my solo game late at night and I'm about to enter the next boss fight. I get a message that a "Black Phantom Invades!"

At which point you cannot fight the normal boss but have to fight the jerk who crashed your game.

:|

Anyway, I've learned to stay dead and use the cling ring or if I'm alive to simply not log into my PSN account before I play.

Not to detract anything from this game its fantastic but I dont understand the thinking behind some of what I mentioned above.

I completely understand what Moycon and Cimerians are saying about the online portion of Demon's Souls: it is restrictive and not fully fleshed out when compared to most online games. There isn't even a lobby!

But, in the games defense, its my opinion that the developers never intended for this game to be your typical online multiplayer game-fest. I don't believe they ever intended for you to play the entire game online with friends (or strangers) and complete the game. I believe the developers strived for an online experience that only added to the single player game, not develop a true co-op or multi-player game.

I think they may have looked for a way to just involve other players in your game, but do it in a non-typical way... players could leave you clues - hints to aid you; you could call for help if you needed it; and they added in the ability to invade another game and have both sides possibly end up with big, big rewards.

I sincerely believe that the developers intended Demon's Souls to be a true single player game with a few added in online features that only enhanced the single player mode, and never intended Demon's Souls to be a Call of Duty or Halo.

My theory doesn't excuse the developers... or Sony or the distributor...., for not being CLEAR in what they meant by saying the game included onine play. Since game play is dramatically different from normal RPG's (like Oblivion) and normal online games (like Call of Duty), it should have been made clear on the box, in video's, in trailers, and in advertising what exactly was included in gameplay. The fact that they didn't is really a big mistake on From Software's and Sony's part. Some purchasers of the game are disappointed because it is not what they expected an "online" game to be and I don't blame them one bit for being disappointed.

With all of the above said, if the game is taken as the developers intended, I think Demon's Souls offers a fresh and unique approach to the way a game like this is played. Though its been several months since I last played the game, I really enjoyed the game despite all the frustration I encountered (which is totally my fault as my "point of frustration level" is much lower than in years past). I found it to be a new experience that offered some really nice new features and gameplay.

But I agree 100% that just putting "Playstation Network" and "Online" on the box can be misleading, especially if one is looking for a typical "online" game.

Mendon

Edited by Mendon

I know what you mean Mendon...I just wish I can be asked if I want someone to challenge me. I swear when I was playing the Asian version 6 months ago I was literally about to enter the chamber to fight the Tower Knight and I got invaded.

:(

LOL

Its kind of funny now but back then I was pissed cause I had no idea what a black phantom was (its just another PVP player) or any clue how online play worked. It was.....a learning experience. :P

I just encountered my first black phantom tonight. My heart was racing a mile a minute haha. He was a soldier, and seemed quite practiced in dodging magic spells. Little did he know, I grinded in level one after I beat all three bosses, and I had a strength of 19 on my magic using character. 4 hard hits to the chest later, he was down :P .

Still, how unexpected and creepy that was. Even after I beat him I could feel my heart beating wildly. I was actually running and blocking at the same time, trying to make it back to the stone to take me back to Nexus. I don't know if it's possible to leave in the middle of the battle or not (or use my evacuate spell which sends me back to nexus with my souls).

Anywho, he was in the last room before I went outside and hit my sheild as I tried to run past him. It took about 3 solid minutes until the fight was over.

Btw, is there a rule for how often this is supposed to happen? Is it once max per trip to a world, or could you be unlucky and have it happen 2 or more times?

Also, can phantoms, blue or black, heal? It didn't seem like he once healed himself. Also, are they more powerful than their regular selves to combat the lack of healing ability?

Hope everyone is having fun with this. It's been in my PS3 every night since I got it. I can't tell you how impressed I am with this game. I'll be waiting on Uncharted 2 just because I have so much to do in this still, and that's quite the compliment.

Edited by DaytonaUSA

I just encountered my first black phantom tonight. My heart was racing a mile a minute haha. He was a soldier, and seemed quite practiced in dodging magic spells. Little did he know, I grinded in level one after I beat all three bosses, and I had a strength of 19 on my magic using character. 4 hard hits to the chest later, he was down :P .

Still, how unexpected and creepy that was. Even after I beat him I could feel my heart beating wildly. I was actually running and blocking at the same time, trying to make it back to the stone to take me back to Nexus. I don't know if it's possible to leave in the middle of the battle or not (or use my evacuate spell which sends me back to nexus with my souls).

Anywho, he was in the last room before I went outside and hit my sheild as I tried to run past him. It took about 3 solid minutes until the fight was over.

Btw, is there a rule for how often this is supposed to happen? Is it once max per trip to a world, or could you be unlucky and have it happen 2 or more times?

Also, can phantoms, blue or black, heal? It didn't seem like he once healed himself. Also, are they more powerful than their regular selves to combat the lack of healing ability?

Hope everyone is having fun with this. It's been in my PS3 every night since I got it. I can't tell you how impressed I am with this game. I'll be waiting on Uncharted 2 just because I have so much to do in this still, and that's quite the compliment.

Too many games to little time. I'm about halfway through Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 so I really want to finish it before I devote a ton of time to Demons Souls, sorry man. I didnt get a chance to play it this weekend.

Anyway, I think you could heal as a phantom but I'm not 100% sure. They could invade as many times as they want. Usually if you beat them they wont do it again. :P

I hope more RPG's are as refined and well done as this. I know Oblivion is great and all but if it had the mechanics that this game has (and the atmosphere in some places) we would have the greatest RPG ever made. :D

Got my copy today, and while so far I wouldn't call it an Oblivion Killer (One of my all time favs), it seems really well done. When you do die, you just want to keep playing, if only to get you body back! (I cant stand the thought of my poor corpse lying in a lonely, wet castle.)

Can people steal from your corpse?

Also can you play the game offline? Seems like an easy way to keep "Black Phantoms" from appearing if possible.

Edited by moycon

Got my copy today, and while so far I wouldn't call it an Oblivion Killer (One of my all time favs), it seems really well done. When you do die, you just want to keep playing, if only to get you body back! (I cant stand the thought of my poor corpse lying in a lonely, wet castle.)

Can people steal from your corpse?

Also can you play the game offline? Seems like an easy way to keep "Black Phantoms" from appearing if possible.

LOL...."lonely wet castle"

No I dont think anyone can get your stash. Just go back to your bloodstain and you get all your souls (stuff) back.

I pull my network cord out of my PS3 to play offline. Stupid isn't it?

Someone told me you can sign out of the PSN network before playing the game. I havent tried that and I'm not sure if thats possible.

Thats why I was bitching that they should have put in option in there to turn off invasions or online play.

You kill any bosses yet? Whats your character?

Ninja Gaiden 2 is pretty mindless (linear gameplay) so I may play Demons Souls to catch up with you guys.

Edited by cimerians

Someone told me you can sign out of the PSN network before playing the game. I havent tried that and I'm not sure if thats possible.

Before you start a game, go to settings and "Disable Internet"... voila, no phantoms enter your game. If I want to play a game and not be bothered with a system or software update, I will do this and you can play without any update.

You just have to remember to "Enable Internet" the next time you want to go online.

Mendon

Edited by Mendon

Before you start a game, go to settings and "Disable Internet"... voila, no phantoms enter your game. If I want to play a game and not be bothered with a system or software update, I will do this and you can play without any update.

You just have to remember to "Enable Internet" the next time you want to go online.

Mendon

So this game is always on-line unless you disable the internet? Why wouldn't they give you the option of whether or not you want to play in the online universe? Sounds like an oversight to me.

Tempest